UK buyers, will you be buying the 930 or wait for McLaren?

stickyshocker

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Nah, won't be buying the 930 as it would mean losing features like Glance and micro sd. Lumia 1520 is a better flagship than the 930. I'll wait and see what's coming out in the future. All this talk of 3d gesture control is not exciting me one bit either. It's pointless tbh and what makes it so different from the gesture control on Samsung Galaxy etc? Smart Touch, Smart Stay etc are the first things I turn off on those devices.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

Exactly its not me either. All I want it a phone that has a decent camera, enough storage, is quick (but all wp phones are quick) and has some sparkle and to me right now that's the 930. Yeah the 1520 is a beast and the 930 should have the sd slot and glance but if it was identical to the 1520 other than size cant see much point in bringing it out. The 1520 is too big for me and I want the 930 if in a few months something better comes out then I'm sure someone will pay a good price for my 930 and ill change it.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
Nah, won't be buying the 930 as it would mean losing features like Glance and micro sd. Lumia 1520 is a better flagship than the 930. I'll wait and see what's coming out in the future. All this talk of 3d gesture control is not exciting me one bit either. It's pointless tbh and what makes it so different from the gesture control on Samsung Galaxy etc? Smart Touch, Smart Stay etc are the first things I turn off on those devices.

Sent from my iPad using WPCentral Forums

The sSamsung one it's like an emulated fake version. It's rubbish.

humanhowever

May 26, 2014
Visit site
My contract on the 920 doesn't end until April next year (2015). So I'll be waiting, and by then these phones will be cheaper. I'd have been so so happy with the 930, if only it had an SD card. Shame, it seems like an alright phone, except for this.

envio

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Both. I ordered my 930 just yesterday, off-contract and will also get a McLaren at the end of the year. The 930 will then become my work phone, the McLaren, my personal one and I couldn't be happier. The Nokia bundle is too good to pass up and I wanted a new sim-only 4G tarrif now anyway.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Going to wait it out for McLaren, only 4 months so not long left until November. They took tooo long to get the 930 out the door imo the hype is gone and the fact they opted to use a screen that didn't support glance, was eyebrow raising to say the least. Never the less will be going to Westfield this weekend to check out the phone in person.

I have high hopes for McLaren, as it has to be the device that sets the bench mark for all OEMS and is THE Hero device that Windows Phone so badly needs. Plus it will be Microsoft's first phone as a manufacturer, in all honesty I can't wait.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I'm going to have a play in store on Thursday when it comes out but weighing all the options and hearing tonnes of bad things about it I will probably wait unless my phone breaks

Thomas Jordan

Mar 5, 2014
Visit site
Just ordered the 930 but think I will probably upgrade to the Mclaren when released. Obviously depends on what exactly the improvements are. But if all the rumours are true think i will have to.

WP 8.1 I LUV U

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Yeah, I don't think the 3D touch would've seen much use other than a gimmick. Something like hand gestures on an Xbox One have much more point to them, as you may not have the controller in your hand but if you can see your phone screen, you can as well just touch it.

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
So I have heard McLaren won't be coming at all. MS still maintain that they will be launching a new flagship later this year. What kind of flagship it is going to be only god knows? Have they lost the plot since taking over Nokia or in the midst of clearing all the skeletons from the cupboard? So only the 1520 & 930 are worth considering if one is looking for a high spec Window phone. I just wish more manufacturers like Sony will come onboard the Window OS bandwagon. This will give us as consumers more choices. Cheers mate!

David P2

Mar 10, 2014
Visit site
930 has less features if you ask me. Personally, I think that if they had crammed the 1520 into the 930's case they would be onto a winner. I'm going to the 1520 from the 620 in a few months because it's the only recent Lumia I can see would be a decent upgrade.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
My 920 started to annoy me. Lose connection, screen freezes, any excuse. I went out and bought the 930 in Orange. It's very nice. I traded my 920 in for ?150 at Carphone Warehouse and spent ?120 paying off my EE November contract so I'm left with a new phone and ?30 profit, 3GB additional data and ?6 less per month contract. Trust me, if your contract is up in November like many 920 owners, go to Carphone Warehouse now and trade in!

6029KingStephen

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
I was dithering about the 930, but I went ahead and bought today, because of a few things - I got to use one in the local EE store and was impressed; CPW have a special ?419 web price; the news about McLaren being cancelled. If they bring a 1030 out I'll probably buy that and sell the 930. Or the 1525......

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss