Nokia Lumia 930 Black Expansys Canada

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
The other colours are there too, you have to go to the black 930 link, at at the bottom below the picture theres the 'also available' links to the other colors

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Its very expensive there though, nearly 800 bucks....
I mean all flagships are like that but I think expansys Canada costs a little bit more than the norm, at least from what I have observed.

So what other sites are there for Canadians? I've heard omegacell tweeted about the 930 but they don't have it listed on their site yet (nor do I know how reputable they are)

Darrell Sturrock

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
Yes I just got mine about 2 hours ago. Bought it from Expanses in Canada before I read that it wouldn't work on LTE however after 2 hours of using the device I'd say that everything I've tried here in the Toronto area works great right out of the box. No adjustment to APN settings and texting, browsing and tethering all work great! I'm on Bell. Someone in the office, also on Bell, when running the speediest app on his iPhone 4s got a download speed of 8.5 whereas I got a 10. I love this phone even though I've been using the 1020 I like the feel and size of the 930 (I think the 1520 would be too big). The 930 is almost the same size as the 1020.

mohawk apple

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Yes I just got mine about 2 hours ago. Bought it from Expanses in Canada before I read that it wouldn't work on LTE however after 2 hours of using the device I'd say that everything I've tried here in the Toronto area works great right out of the box. No adjustment to APN settings and texting, browsing and tethering all work great! I'm on Bell. Someone in the office, also on Bell, when running the speediest app on his iPhone 4s got a download speed of 8.5 whereas I got a 10. I love this phone even though I've been using the 1020 I like the feel and size of the 930 (I think the 1520 would be too big). The 930 is almost the same size as the 1020.
so you couldn't pick up LTE with bell on the 930?

Darrell Sturrock

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
It doesn't say LTE on the display but the speeds are equal to (possibly better) than what I was getting on my 1020 and better than someone on an IPhone 4s.

It also looks great next to my surface pro 3 (they practically match).

Last edited:

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
It doesn't say LTE on the display but the speeds are equal to (possibly better) than what I was getting on my 1020 and better than someone on an IPhone 4s.

It also looks great next to my surface pro 3 (they practically match).

I think you can only get 2600 LTE on Rogers, hopefully someone can confirm this. What colour did you get btw?

Darrell Sturrock

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
I got the white one. So far I have found this device on bell to be the fastest phone I've ever had for download speeds. Quicker than using WiFi often. Great speeds when i use it to get my surface pro on-line. I just wish I had control over the number apps across the screen like I did with my 1020. Three across makes viewing the live tiles a little difficult. I hope Microsoft changes this at some point.

Barry Gervin

Jul 14, 2014
Visit site
When did you pre-order from expansys? I ordered, over a week ago but still shows awaiting stock - even though they sent me a "ready to ship" email on Thursday.

nexialbinding

Feb 8, 2014
Visit site
So what other sites are there for Canadians? I've heard omegacell tweeted about the 930 but they don't have it listed on their site yet (nor do I know how reputable they are)

Omegacell has it up on their site now: Nokia Lumia 930 RM-1045 | OmegaCell Communications Inc.
Listed for $675 rather than Expansys' $789.
Keep in mind I haven't looked at the bands for compatibility or anything, and I don't know if they are reputable either.

EDIT: The user in this thread talks briefly about his experience in buying a 1520 from Omegacell and shipping to Ontario. Seems reputable.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ew-user-experience-1520-3-rm-938-variant.html

Last edited:

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Omegacell has it up on their site now: Nokia Lumia 930 RM-1045 | OmegaCell Communications Inc.
Listed for $675 rather than Expansys' $789.
Keep in mind I haven't looked at the bands for compatibility or anything, and I don't know if they are reputable either.

EDIT: The user in this thread talks briefly about his experience in buying a 1520 from Omegacell and shipping to Ontario. Seems reputable.
http://forums.windowscentral.com/no...ew-user-experience-1520-3-rm-938-variant.html

Also free shipping within Canada. I just placed an order for the white one!

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I think you can only get 2600 LTE on Rogers, hopefully someone can confirm this. What colour did you get btw?
Rogers has 2600mhz LTE and Bell has 2600mhz LTE also, Only Telus doesn't have it. Its possible that LTE speeds are being utilized as I think that is band 7 which the 930 DOES have.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire