01-20-2015 08:41 AM
63 123
tools
    I have been trying to "read" the native battery app, but can anyone explain what the bars mean?

wp_ss_20140716_0001.jpg

I can understand that Wordament used a lot of battery, as I got hooked yesterday, but why the phone "app" should have used a lot I dont understand because I havn't talked that much on the phone. Or does the bars represent togheter the whole use?

Couldn't find any articel or post or nothing on this topic, so that is why I'm asking you experts. ;)

Thank you for your answer. :)
    07-16-2014 01:35 AM
    Chances are the Phone app includes something other than just phone calls. Perhaps signal-based battery drain is included. People who live near the edge of fe. 4G and 3G area often have their phone keep switching between the two all the time and this consumes more battery than just being in either 4G or 3G when the phone has to search for signal constantly. This kind of behavior I guess could be listed under Phone-app? Or then it's just a display bug..?
    07-16-2014 02:04 AM
    Aha...didn't think of the battery consumption used when switching between 3G and 4G. Perheps that can explain a lot that my battery seems to drain faster when at home. I have excellent 3G coverage at home but poor 4G, but at work it's the other way around.
    07-16-2014 05:48 AM
    You could try what happens if you force the phone to stay at 3G for example, but I'm not sure if it helps if that leads to poor reception at work.
    07-16-2014 05:50 AM
    Update after one and a halft weeks use:

It's getting better. Yesterday I used the phone with bluetooth and cellular data playing music in my car for 2.5 hours. I had cellular data on for about 5 hours with emails, Facebook and Internet Explorer use. I also did 5 calls that lastet around 10 minutes each. I ended the day with WIFI on for about 8 hours and moderate facebook and app use.

It lasted all day and went to Battery Save mode 2 hours before I went to bed and started to charge it.

It was out of the charger that day for about 16 hours, and it kept going even with a lot of use. The day before it was almost the same use, but with hardly any cellular data and music use. It never got near the battery save mode.
    07-17-2014 04:19 AM
    I have been trying to "read" the native battery app, but can anyone explain what the bars mean?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	wp_ss_20140716_0001.jpg 
Views:	39 
Size:	57.8 KB 
ID:	72162

I can understand that Wordament used a lot of battery, as I got hooked yesterday, but why the phone "app" should have used a lot I dont understand because I havn't talked that much on the phone. Or does the bars represent togheter the whole use?

Couldn't find any articel or post or nothing on this topic, so that is why I'm asking you experts. ;)

Thank you for your answer. :)
    If you press any of the apps in that list you'll see how much battery they use in the background and opened. You can also swipe to the right to see a little bit more about charging times and so on. The photo you added only shows the apps that use battery and sort of how much.
    07-17-2014 04:22 AM
    If you press any of the apps in that list you'll see how much battery they use in the background and opened. You can also swipe to the right to see a little bit more about charging times and so on. The photo you added only shows the apps that use battery and sort of how much.
    Yes I know I can "click in" on the apps in the list and that bigger the bar, the more battery it has consumed.
    But was wondering what the "measurment" of the bar is, if you understand? :)
    07-17-2014 04:46 AM
    I have been reading a lot into the 930 battery issue but it can't b worse than my 1020, right?
    I had a 1520 before & used it for about 3 weeks. Don't get me wrong is a wonderful phone & has great battery life. The only problem I have is when I want to take it out from my pocket especially when I'm seating down. That is the only gripe I have about the 1520. Everything else is absolutely great. It would have been an ideal package if is 5.5." After much consideration I have decided to get the 930 but will still keep my 1020 because of its cam.
    Cheers mate!
    07-17-2014 04:48 AM
    i think something wrong on wp power management.lots of lumia users suffer this battery problem.
    07-17-2014 02:10 PM
    Generally happy with the battery life of my Lumia 930. Too early to tell quite yet though since it's very new.

Took it off charger 9:30pm last night. Did some minor Tapatalking and then went to bed at around 12am. Woke up 6 hours later and the phone had used 2% battery over data connection. That's very good. Now it's 5:30pm and it's at 70% battery right now. Though I have been using it pretty gently today at work. Few calls. A little SMS/WhatsApp messaged and some other stuff + maybe 20 minutes of Spotify streaming. So i have not even gone through a full charge yet. I did however let it run completely dry once till the phone died. I always do that with new phone as batteries often needs that calibration. Looks like I can get two days out of it if I dont' use it too much.

busfpo.jpg

goggau.jpg
    08-04-2014 10:33 AM
    Battery life is a lot better than the Lumia 925, my past phone.

Usually around 10-20% after work for the 925, now 930 around 40-50%, so a big improvement for me, of course it changes everyday but I've averaged it.
    KoukiFC3S likes this.
    08-04-2014 11:32 AM
    "Improve Battery Life on Nokia Lumia Windows Phones with AMOLED"
    Search on youtube.
    I just saw the video and thought of posting it here...
    As the Lumia 930 has an AMOLED screen, these simple tips should help a lot.
    I think the phone uses more battery when it has to constantly shift between network bands.
    Also, most of the times if you are in the office or home, and where wifi is easily available, i would prefer to switch off the data on the phone, as data uses good amount of battery.
    I am getting a Lumia 930 very soon. Thats the reason i was reading through the forum.
    01-20-2015 08:32 AM
    Current Whatsapp has an issue that impacts battery life severely. Wait for the next update. My 930 does 3 days on one charge with moderate usage now!
    01-20-2015 08:41 AM
63 123