Will the 930 wirelessly charge with the nokia CP-637 case on?

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Has anyone got the nokia CP-637 case for the 930? If so, does it charge via Qi with the case on or does it have to be removed?

Thanks

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
Hi all

Has anyone got the nokia CP-637 case for the 930? If so, does it charge via Qi with the case on or does it have to be removed?

Thanks

Depending on the quality of the charger, it should charge just fine through the case. I've found that Nokia Wireless chargers tend to be the best quality.

I have the Icon, and I've tried charging it through the case at a Microsoft store and it worked. The guide for the phone does say not to do so, presumably for heat build up purposes.

FredBloggs007

Apr 22, 2012
Visit site
Depending on the quality of the charger, it should charge just fine through the case. I've found that Nokia Wireless chargers tend to be the best quality.

I have the Icon, and I've tried charging it through the case at a Microsoft store and it worked. The guide for the phone does say not to do so, presumably for heat build up purposes.

Hmmmm - interesting. The only Qi chargers I have are Nokia, so this should be ok. I thought I remember reading somewhere that promixity was an issue an that nothing should be between the back of the phone and the charging plate. However, if you've seen it work with the cover on then I'm convinced. Thanks again!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb