Nokia Lumia 930 Screen Protector??

Psyclone71

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Please can anyone confirm if they have a good quality screen protector for the Lumia 930 and post where they purchased it from.... Only asking as the screen is curved around the boarders and need one that fits nice..

Or can you advice if you don't think the 930 needs a screen protector!!

Thanks

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
So just my 2 cents... i really like Skinomi's screen protectors because they are the "wet" type, so after applying it to the phone you can gentley move it around so it is aligned perfectly. Then just let it dry for a few hours and within a day all the bubbles will be gone too (if you had any). They are also self healing - been using 1 on my 800 for 2,5 years now.

I think they don't have one for the 930 yet (checked a week ago) but they have 1 for the Icon... so they may just re-label it "930/Icon".

But i'd be also interested to know if anyone thing Gorilla Glass 3 does not need anything on it. Usually small grains of dust do the real damage even on Gorilla, but I only have the 800...

th0mas96

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
I don't think it scratches easily, but with a bit of dust in the pocket any screen can scratch, and I like the 930 too much to put it to the risk :D Importing Skinomi's to germany seems really expensive, so I just use a 50 cent protector from eBay till I get to the US in a few months :D
the cheap one isn't even that bad, it just doesn't protect the rounded parts on the left and right, but when I lay the phone down with the display facing down, every part of the screen touching the surface is protected ^^

jadejavu

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I won't use any screen protector or casing at all. I want to see the 930 bare on its beauty.

I got my Lumia 1020 for almost 10 months already without any protection at all. There are light scratches on the lower back part but it's only visible from 1ft closer. For the screen, no visible damage at all despite I've been putting the 1020 on my trouser's pockets with coins. I say you wont need any protection for 930 at all, just personalize it with casing or whatsoever you like.

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Again - due to the strongly curved screen, normal screen protectors won't stick or won't cover all of the screen on the 930, making them useless. You can use the wet-application type but those are known to cause water damage, plus they usually aren't oleo phobic and will cause greasy rainbow discolouration and need to be wiped all the time.

I always use glass screen protectors on my phones, but for obvious reasons, those don't work on the 930 and thus aren't available - so, for the first time ever, I've decided my only option is to go without one. I bought insurance instead :-/

mrdoubleb

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Again - due to the strongly curved screen, normal screen protectors won't stick or won't cover all of the screen on the 930, making them useless. You can use the wet-application type but those are known to cause water damage, plus they usually aren't oleo phobic and will cause greasy rainbow discolouration and need to be wiped all the time.

I always use glass screen protectors on my phones, but for obvious reasons, those don't work on the 930 and thus aren't available - so, for the first time ever, I've decided my only option is to go without one. I bought insurance instead :-/
water damage? Come on, wet type does not mean you have to apply it under water! You just have to make the film wet, damp using the liquid they supply.
The skinomi conforms perfectly to the curve of my 800 and covers it from side to side. Don't know how good their Icon solution is, though... You may want to check out the Amazon customer reviews.

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I'll still go nude. My 920 has seen heavy daily use for 1? years now and I have exactly one microscratch on the screen (fairly recent). It just took me over 30s to find it in the correct lighting, so it's hardly an issue for me anyways :D

I can live with a microscratch or two over the span of few years.

Kirill Petrovsky

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
Skinomi is quite nice. I applied it quite poorly, so it's not perfectly smooth, but there are no problems with curved areas of the screen or phone body. I'll replace it with a Zagg when it wears out.

Windows Moan

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
I've used Skinomi. They are really good at protecting your screen. If you're bold with the fluid, the application is easy to get just right and covers 99% of the glass. However, they are expensive and you only get 1 in a pack - not that I expected 2, just a warning!

I really don't know if I'll put one on the front of the 930 - the screen is just too silky smooth! My 925 is near perfect after 10+ months without it, but that maybe more luck than judgement!

mary beth hale

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
I use an Incipio feather case for light days and an Incipio DualPro for when it might get knocked around. I've tried regular film, wet application and glass screen protectors. Was not satisfies with amy of them because of the curved glass.

jay6600

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
I just use the Elcheapo ones from Ebay, had the 930 6 months and still on first one of 5 :) sure as mentioned the sides wont adhere to the curved edges but its only a few mils either side ,to catch the dust , id actually buy some a few mils a little narrower if could find those, preferably the glass ones.

Ive also stopped using a protective case/ skin on my 930 as it really spoils the looks , was kinda look like a 820 in one those things , allways gone down the caae n screen protectors route ,but you endup getting rid a mint condition phone to someone to enjoy whilst you've had it wrapped in kevlar in fear of a scratch n dust, the downsides to this is im acquire a OCD complex and forever papmer my 930 with a soft cloth :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05