Nokia Lumia 930 audio quality and loudness

Corey_Cavill

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'm considering to buy a Lumia 930 for my dad since he think my Lumia 1520 is too big. But he really concerns bout speaker quality and loudness. So is Lumia 930 speaker is loud enough? Thanks

Sent from my yellow Nokia Lumia 1520 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I'd suggest looking at the Icon review from WPC Nokia Lumia Icon Review | Windows Phone Central

It's the same phone. They state the speakers on the phone are not fantastic. I was unclear if you were referring to headphones or speakers.

Audio quality on any smartphone is lackluster in the speaker department and will probably stay that way for some time. It may be loud but I doubt it will be good.

Corey_Cavill

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I'd suggest looking at the Icon review from WPC Nokia Lumia Icon Review | Windows Phone Central

It's the same phone. They state the speakers on the phone are not fantastic. I was unclear if you were referring to headphones or speakers.

Audio quality on any smartphone is lackluster in the speaker department and will probably stay that way for some time. It may be loud but I doubt it will be good.

Yeah.. I was referring the speaker quality.. Thanks for your answer.. :)

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Yeah.. I was referring the speaker quality.. Thanks for your answer.. :)

I found the speaker to be on par, if not a little better than my iPhone 5s one. i turned it up the other night and sound was clear and crisp.

I also noticed that if you put it on your lap, or a table the sound gets a little louder.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Don't expect it to be as loud and clear as the 1520's speaker which is by far the loudest of any phone I've ever owned.

Corey_Cavill

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
I found the speaker to be on par, if not a little better than my iPhone 5s one. i turned it up the other night and sound was clear and crisp.

I also noticed that if you put it on your lap, or a table the sound gets a little louder.

In my country, they only provided a Treasure Tag and some cheap flip cover with the pre-order. Glad to hear the speaker at least on par with iPhone 5S. Because I had a Lumia 920 and the speaker was a bit underwhelming. Thanks for your help. :)

Corey_Cavill

Jul 4, 2014
Visit site
Don't expect it to be as loud and clear as the 1520's speaker which is by far the loudest of any phone I've ever owned.

Yeah I know it won't be as good as 1520's which also the best smartphone I have ever used. :) but if the speaker is comparable with other flagships on the market right now, that's good enough I think. Thanks for your answer.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I know it won't be as good as 1520's which also the best smartphone I have ever used. :) but if the speaker is comparable with other flagships on the market right now, that's good enough I think. Thanks for your answer.

How good is the loudness and speaker quality when compared with 920? With 920 gsmarena gave a poor rating to speakers and about the music quality, they said that the music quality sounds good, but not good enough for a flagship phone. I find a huge difference between the music quality of 920 and 1520. Does the placement of speakers on the rear have any negative effect?

arni99

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Does the placement of speakers on the rear have any negative effect?
Yes it does. I didn't hear the alarm clock when my 930 was lying on its back with the speaker getting covered. It was almost totally muted.
Solution: Always place it with the frontside (display) down if you need to hear the alarm clock ;).

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Too bad. What was in Nokia's mind while placing the speakers there. I am a 920 user, am I going to regret porting to 930, because of these limitations?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That's interesting. I think design has something to do with it as well, not just placement. I say this because the speakers on the 1520 are on the back as well, but you definitely here the alarm and everything else when the phone is laying on its back. You have to consciously try to cover every speaker hole with your finger to completely mute any of the sound.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Lumia 520, 720, 1320 and most of galaxy S and note series have mono speakers, and are placed exactly the same place, where Lumia 930 speakers are. There sound doesn't distort, it's alarm 🔔 doesn't mute when placed flat on the surface

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
Gsm arena reviewed the speakers to be one of the loudest and best, in terms of loudness, where you won't miss a missed call in noisy environment

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720