Those that ordered via Carphone Warehouse

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi all,

Just out of curiosity really, has anyone's order actually gone ahead yet?

I only ask as normally the orders are accepted and then processed the next working day, but I've not heard anything besides the acknowledgment email yet.

I did order quite late in the evening, so I may hear later today or maybe Monday I guess. I'm just wondering if anyone has had anymore info from CPW yet?

I remember them being lightening fast with my previous phone.

Thanks!

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

maguro

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I got a follow-up email saying they were unable to process it due to lack of stock. Don't know if that's because the pre-order sold out or just because it's not there yet...

I ordered pretty soon after the pre-order went up so somehow doubt it was sold out

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I got a follow-up email saying they were unable to process it due to lack of stock. Don't know if that's because the pre-order sold out or just because it's not there yet...

I ordered pretty soon after the pre-order went up so somehow doubt it was sold out

That seems odd. I think if I dint hear anything by Monday I'll give them a call. Can't see them being out of stock already!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE:

It would appear the initial payment has gone, so I'm assuming I'll get an email today. Kinda hoping that means early delivery too!

In fact it went on the 10th so I'm assuming it's full steam ahead.

Last edited:

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
I've bought three phones from Carphone....the first was in stock at the store, the second bought after 5pm but in spite of that they got it in the next day, and the third bought before 5pm and in spite of a two day estimate they had it for me the next day. Excellent service.

In the case of the 930, it's still pre-order only AFAIK and I doubt they have any at all in stock yet.

AwesomeLewis24

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Erm.. I know this is kinda off topic to the thread, but I'll post my experience with Carphone Warehouse.

So I ordered my Acer Iconia android tablet in late December, just after Christmas. After ordering and selecting standard delivery, the tablet was dispatched within a day and arrived in two working days. There was also quite a lot of stock which is surprising after Christmas as well as being quite a low price! The item came perfectly fine and the Yodel courier was great.

Carphone Warehouse know their sthick. They're great, recommended by me (That was my first order with them, btw). :evil:

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Cheers guys. I've ordered from them in the past too and they were fast.

I've just never pre ordered before so wasn't sure of their process really!

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got an update, delivery tomorrow, accessories by the 24th (delivered)

maguro

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I just got off the phone to them about the out of stock email, they said that it was the speaker bundle that was out of stock, not the phone (?) Either way, I asked them when delivery would be and they said the 21st. After reading the above comment, I probably should have asked whether that was the accessories or the handset, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Can't keep this kid on christmas eve act up forever haha

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
I just got off the phone to them about the out of stock email, they said that it was the speaker bundle that was out of stock, not the phone (?) Either way, I asked them when delivery would be and they said the 21st. After reading the above comment, I probably should have asked whether that was the accessories or the handset, but I guess we'll find out tomorrow...

Can't keep this kid on christmas eve act up forever haha

I know what you mean! I has a text earlier saying I'm getting the handset tomorrow and the accessories by the 24th.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Just got a text and email saying it should be delivered between 12.30 and 1.30.

Excellent! :)

Last edited:

Karl Whitfield

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Well the member of staff who told me it arrives on the 18th was wrong. I spoke to them today to ask 'where is my phone' and basically due to the accessories being unavailable at this moment, they cannot ship the device.

Br1an_g

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site
Well the member of staff who told me it arrives on the 18th was wrong. I spoke to them today to ask 'where is my phone' and basically due to the accessories being unavailable at this moment, they cannot ship the device.

seems strange given the accessories are claimed via a third party site and not from CPW directly..i got mine from CPW and claimed via the 3rd party site with no issues.

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
seems strange given the accessories are claimed via a third party site and not from CPW directly..i got mine from CPW and claimed via the 3rd party site with no issues.

I was told the accessories are being delivered seperately so I've not tried to claim anything from another website (although the prospect of potentially doubling up is interesting!) I guess I better check - I better not have missed out! :eck:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs