Swipes registered as taps - Widespread issue?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I've made that switch and the 930 is a gazillion times better in this respect.

Hmm, interesting. Makes me consider switching that much more. Although you did say in another thread that the 930 is "chalk full of hardware issues." Has your switch from the 1520 been worth it overall?

zipro

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Hmm, interesting. Makes me consider switching that much more. Although you did say in another thread that the 930 is "chalk full of hardware issues." Has your switch from the 1520 been worth it overall?

Well, the swipe/tap bug was so bad on all four 1520s I tried that I could never actually use them - in that respect, it was worth the switch. Other than that, I don't really like the 930 because of the various bugs and faults (lousy screen, slow keyboard autocorrect, mediocre camera), but there's not much of an alternative if you want to stick to WP8 (which I might not, once the iPhone 6 is here, to be honest).

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Well, the swipe/tap bug was so bad on all four 1520s I tried that I could never actually use them - in that respect, it was worth the switch. Other than that, I don't really like the 930 because of the various bugs and faults (lousy screen, slow keyboard autocorrect, mediocre camera), but there's not much of an alternative if you want to stick to WP8 (which I might not, once the iPhone 6 is here, to be honest).

Thanks. Interestingly, I stop by the Verizon store here in the DC area pretty often to mess around with the Icon (which of course is ostensibly the same as the 930) and it doesn't have any of those issues. Honestly, it sounds like much of the 930's kinks are things that'll get worked out with software updates. Recall how many of the same issues accompanied the 900 and the 920 for a short time.

I just can't justify keeping both phones financially, so I'd have to sell my 1520.3 if I end up getting and keeping the 930. Probably not worth doing without LTE though...

ykcu7

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
I can confirm this issue on my 930. Playing SubwaySurfers is frustrating if your character continue running straight ahead even if you swipe left or right. This never happend on my old 925. :straight:

Scott Tiger

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering to buy Lumia 930 because my Lumia 1520 has swipe/tap issue. But I found out that Lumia 930 has same issue on your post. I just have cancelled my Lumia 930 order now!!!:devil:

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I'm considering to buy Lumia 930 because my Lumia 1520 has swipe/tap issue. But I found out that Lumia 930 has same issue on your post. I just have cancelled my Lumia 930 order now!!!:devil:

Doesn't sound nearly as widespread at the 1520 so far. I think you jumped the gun cancelling your order to be honest. Out of curiosity, are you based in the U.S.?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb