930 Free Wireless bundle Uk

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Well had a chat with CPW just now and they have said this:

Cashback normally arrives about 28 days after deliver of handset
The App Voucher is likely in the handset box with the phone itself
The wireless charging plate and speaker - She said there's normally a separate instruction if these are to be delivered after getting the handset. She said she couldn't see anything on the system saying that, so her thoughts were they will be sent with the handset with the same courier/package.

One thing she did mention was they were expecting the stock themselves on Thursday 17th - so not sure if their website is wrong stating delivery by then or if we'll get the stuff sent out direct from source or what. I guess it's just waiting for that email!

It's like bloody Christmas lol

EDIT - Just seen thatuxguy's post. DAMMIT!!

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Well had a chat with CPW just now and they have said this:

Cashback normally arrives about 28 days after deliver of handset
The App Voucher is likely in the handset box with the phone itself
The wireless charging plate and speaker - She said there's normally a separate instruction if these are to be delivered after getting the handset. She said she couldn't see anything on the system saying that, so her thoughts were they will be sent with the handset with the same courier/package.

One thing she did mention was they were expecting the stock themselves on Thursday 17th - so not sure if their website is wrong stating delivery by then or if we'll get the stuff sent out direct from source or what. I guess it's just waiting for that email!

It's like bloody Christmas lol

EDIT - Just seen thatuxguy's post. DAMMIT!!

Good news for us Amazon France people though ;) lol

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
They told me they couldn't even confirm its release date!

Majority of the Sales Rep are brainless, when the 920 was due to be launched. I went into the O2 Store at westfield and asked if they had any demo units as I was told on the phone that they would have some at westfield when pushed for more info on the location. I asked the guys at the counter and they didn't even respond, just shoved a leaflet in my face. Needless to say I just walked out, my cousin who was with me at the time - was literally laughing his *** off.

Then of course it transpires the 920 is an EE exclusive... which is why I ended up getting off Clove.co.uk.

In regards to the deal, i hope it doesn't become a joke of awaiting game just like the Lumia 2520 keyboard lol.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I'm also awaiting for O2 to update its website. But I'm on Refresh which means I can cancel my plan and get the device elsewhere rather easily and it won't be expensive for me :)

Same here- I thought that you couldn't cancel the plan unless you took out a new 24-month-plan with them? Because if Carphone Warehouse are giving a ?100 cashback and I can 'upgrade' through them, it's a no-brainer. Put the ?100 in my 'phone fund' for when I inevitably want to upgrade early!

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Same here- I thought that you couldn't cancel the plan unless you took out a new 24-month-plan with them? Because if Carphone Warehouse are giving a ?100 cashback and I can 'upgrade' through them, it's a no-brainer. Put the ?100 in my 'phone fund' for when I inevitably want to upgrade early!

The only issue for me with CPW is that my wife works for O2 and I get a good discount, but may not get the discount if I buy from a 3rd Party. For instance my iPhone Refresh plan is ?38pm, with discount its ?29pm... so a good saving. But ?100 cashback sounds good :p

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
I'm on O2 refresh too, gonna have to sump up nearly ?50 to upgrade but then I'm likely to drop some ? upfront to lower the monthly cost anyway. I'm hoping they have better data packages now than what they had nearly 2 years ago, been stuck with 1gb data and almost hitting my limit every month. Looking at 4g tarrifs for other phones they seem to jump from 1gb to 5gb a month.

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm on O2 refresh too, gonna have to sump up nearly ?50 to upgrade but then I'm likely to drop some ? upfront to lower the monthly cost anyway. I'm hoping they have better data packages now than what they had nearly 2 years ago, been stuck with 1gb data and almost hitting my limit every month. Looking at 4g tarrifs for other phones they seem to jump from 1gb to 5gb a month.

1GB is a bit tough, but free wifi at work helps me keep to the limit, but I know they do a 2Gb plan, so hopping that comes to the 930. Only a few days to wait now... :)

Trevor Jones

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
1GB is a bit tough, but free wifi at work helps me keep to the limit, but I know they do a 2Gb plan, so hopping that comes to the 930. Only a few days to wait now... :)
Tell me about it, when Cloud dropped O2 it made public Wi-Fi use remote, thankfully last year I signed up to BT Infinity so I can now log into the majority of the free public Wi-Fi spots when I'm out and about.
And O2's own wifi spots have been getting more widespread so that helps.
do you think 2GB would be enough with 4G? I don't think I'll use data more than I usually do, but it would be nice to have the odd tv catchup on the train and stuff.

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Tell me about it, when Cloud dropped O2 it made public Wi-Fi use remote, thankfully last year I signed up to BT Infinity so I can now log into the majority of the free public Wi-Fi spots when I'm out and about.
And O2's own wifi spots have been getting more widespread so that helps.
do you think 2GB would be enough with 4G? I don't think I'll use data more than I usually do, but it would be nice to have the odd tv catchup on the train and stuff.

Not sure I'd switch to a 4G plan, especially on O2! 4G is used for data only then drops to 3G for Calls/Text. Where I live and work 4G is practically non-existent and 3G is sketchy too!

DuncanF62

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I've been on a rolling monthly Simplicity tariff with O2 for a couple of years. Called retentions yesterday and haggled for a new contract with 4G for my 930. Walked away with unlim./unlim./3GB on 4G for GBP16 for 12 month contract.

vc-10

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I tweeted at Nokia UK and O2, and Nokia said that the bundle will be fine for people buying from O2 and Vodafone.
Also, bit fed up with O2- they've tweeted me twice saying to click a link when I've asked them when I can order, and the link has just been the 'coming soon' page.

PabsTheGeek

Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Lol, I've been tweeting O2 too asking the same thing ang getting the same reply as you. I'm going to an O2 store tomorrow morning, if they don't have it I'm thinking of going to EE

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The claim site is still not live! Great organisation by the PR company involved. It also looks like the voucher etc will come in the pack, not in the box as assumed.

O2 | Rewards, promotions & competition Terms and Conditions - Nokia Lumia 930 Free Accessories Pack Promotion terms and conditions

http://nokia.ly/930-offer-uk

Accessories kit available:
'Orange' contains Orange MD-12, White DC-50 +?20 Windows Store voucher
'Green' contains Green MD-12, White DC-50 + ?20 Windows Store voucher
'White' contains White MD-12, White DC-50 + ?20 Windows Store voucher
'Yellow' contains Yellow MD-12, White DC-50 + ?20 Windows Store voucher

Sebbak

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
The claim site is still not live! Great organisation by the PR company involved. It also looks like the voucher etc will come in the pack, not in the box as assumed.

O2 | Rewards, promotions & competition Terms and Conditions - Nokia Lumia 930 Free Accessories Pack Promotion terms and conditions

http://nokia.ly/930-offer-uk

Accessories kit available:
'Orange' contains Orange MD-12, White DC-50 +?20 Windows Store voucher
'Green' contains Green MD-12, White DC-50 + ?20 Windows Store voucher
'White' contains White MD-12, White DC-50 + ?20 Windows Store voucher
'Yellow' contains Yellow MD-12, White DC-50 + ?20 Windows Store voucher

It's odd that cpw seem to be delivering their wireless bundles and other places are using a claim site, no?

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12