The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
07-24-2015 11:36 AM
411 ... 1213141516 ...
tools
    Well it did fix it on my device. Probably fixed on most of phones. But there are always the ones that have faults and are still overheating.
    thanks for your reply,totally i think i should grab one,nice phone
    01-27-2015 03:21 AM
    thanks for your reply,totally i think i should grab one,nice phone

Yeah. I love my phone. Awesome device, awesome experience.
    mohsen_tavakolinia likes this.
    01-27-2015 03:22 AM
    Yes very "Cool" update endeed...
    01-27-2015 05:40 AM
    Is this overheating problem because of the processor? I have an 830 and it has less overheating problem than my 930.
    01-27-2015 10:55 AM
    What do you exactly think when you say overheating? My L930 on Denim is still little hot when I'm on web for instance.
    01-28-2015 12:59 PM
    Is this overheating problem because of the processor? I have an 830 and it has less overheating problem than my 930.
    Yes absolutely. The processor is more beefy on the 930 and also consumes more power. With the Qualcomm platform as the one in 930 you have to seriously consider the thermal design.

Some of you haven't escaped the news about Snapdragon 810 which contains Cortex A57 cores. In my opinion, these cores gets so hot they aren't suitable for phones in its current iteration.
    01-28-2015 01:17 PM
    Some of you say the phone gets extremely hot, like impossible to hold... My L930 never heated that much, and now after Denim, it runs even cooler. Browsing the web, music, calling or skype just gets it worm, which is fine by me. Only playing games for 20+ minutes gets it really hot. Doesn't bother me much. It can get a lot worse with other phone brands. My friend's iphone 4 actually shut down due to overheating on the sun, and wasn't able to turn back on for 2 hours. Some kind of a failsafe system. Me and my GF's HTC One M7 were on the sun for the same time and had 0 problems.
    Point is.... We don't need to complain so much cuz just like the "realwarder" said a few posts back, others have problems too, and it's even worse actually.

Just my 2 cents...
    01-28-2015 03:52 PM
    I'm thinking about making the switch from Android to Windows Phone and I think that the Lumia 930 could be the perfect phone for me. I am afraid though that if I buy the phone I will get a phone that will have overheating issues (it sounds like there are more 930's with, than without the issue). I contacted Microsoft and they said that there isn't an overheating issue with the Lumia 930 and that it will only heat up when you use the phone very intensively. On this forum and other internetsites, people say it even overheats with light use (does Microsoft even know about the issue?). I read very mixed experiences regarding the overheating issue. What I would like to know if the issue is solved for most people after the latest update (I read that 2 people on this topic say it solved it for their phones). How is Microsoft customers service when you have the overheating issue (will they fix it or give you a replacement?)? Thanks a lot!
    01-29-2015 12:13 PM
    I'm thinking about making the switch from Android to Windows Phone and I think that the Lumia 930 could be the perfect phone for me. I am afraid though that if I buy the phone I will get a phone that will have overheating issues
    That would be the best decision you ever made :) The heating problem isn't even a problem, some people just complain too much. It gets worm, so what. Everything still works... I don't know about other bugs but my was perfect even from before Denim. No screen hue, weird colors, flickering, rotation bug, nothing... Works like a charm, even when u abuse it really hard and i have a feeling the crap that builds in the phone cache and registers doesn't slow it down like it happens with android phones. All of them...

Plus the price of L930 is really good, compared to "superior" s5, ip6, nexus, etc...
    Ssrki and mohsen_tavakolinia like this.
    01-29-2015 04:35 PM
    ​People that complains about the 930 overheating they never had an 925. My 930 it's cold when compare with my 925 after some time playing some games or doing other stuff.

About the 4k overheating...is a phone...it have hardware limits, seriously I don't get all the fuzz about the 4K, is cool that you can get photos from the 4K video but do people really need 4K video? does everybody that complains about it have a tv or any device to really enjoy the 4K?

So before you complain so much...It's a phone not some high tech camera.
    realwarder likes this.
    01-31-2015 06:58 AM
    I'm quite sure that the majority of Lumia 930 owners doesn't have any issues. Those few who do are the most vocal. They spam that just about everywhere. I actually tried to make my 930 hot but it didn't get even close to bee too hot to use normally.

Lumia 930 has aluminium frame which acts as a heatsink. It's supposed to get bit warm, it dissipates heat from inside the phone. Of course it feels a bit warm sometimes but it's not a problem. Same thing happens with all plastic phones, they get warm too but the warmth can not dissipate through plastic bodies so it doesn't feel that warm to touch. So that aluminium frame actually decreases temperatures inside the phone thus making it able to run more efficiently under a heavy load. If you wrap your Lumia 930 in silicone or some other insulative material it will heat a lot more inside but it feels a lot less warm outside.
    Axeelant likes this.
    01-31-2015 07:28 AM
    I have had quite a few phones, (Smartphone History:
    BB Pearl>BB 8800>BB 8300>Omnia>iPhone>BB Bold 9000>iPhone 3G>BB Storm>HTC Magic>Xperia X1>BB Storm2 9520>BB 9700>HTC Desire>iPhone 4 16GB>Dell Streak>BB 9800> Galaxy S2 >BB 9900> Milestone 2> Galaxy Note> Galaxy Note II > Xperia Z2 > Nokia Lumia 930 > White LG G3 (3/32))

And I can assure you, my device got hot after very little use. I can't tell you mine wasn't defective.... But all I can say is that the phone I got ended up heating up... After 2-3 minutes of use!

Is it part of the design? Maybe. I don't know... But it was uncomfortable for me to use and have it get warm after literally sending 3-5 messages over whatsapp. 😯😕
    01-31-2015 04:07 PM
    I tried playing few games. I played Sonic Dash for full 10 minutes to get my L930 to even feel warm to touch. So there has to be something wrong with overheating ones, maybe software, maybe hardware.
    01-31-2015 05:57 PM
    When i first bought the 930 it got very hot the first time i turned it on . After the phone updated and a lot of the apps updated i had no more overheating issues .
    mohsen_tavakolinia likes this.
    01-31-2015 06:09 PM
    Thanks a lot for the replies! Good to know that most people don't have the overheating issue. Getting hot the first time you use it is something I can understand. The phone has to work hard with updating, changing settings and so on. It sounds like when the phone does have an overheating issue, it is a problem with that particular phone itself, which can be fixed or replaced. I think I will buy one for myself. Thanks again!
    02-01-2015 01:48 AM
    It will probably get hot, the 930 is the most flawed in build aspect. It gets very hot in watching 1080p videos and IE. Just launch Tubecast or mytube and you will see. It shouldn't be this way, if you get an S5 or iPhone 6, those phones will stay cool.
    Also if you are using it while it's charging it will definitely get extremely hot in youtube full hd videos. Whoever says different, I dare him to post a clip on youtube with thermometer attached to the low right corner, while the phone is charging and set to play from youtube a video on 1080p. You will see the degrees going up and up and up...until it burns your hand.

I had so many phones to play with and even though this one has high specs it's the worst in build quality. Screen has ghosting issues, purple tint for some people, abnormal white/greys zone for others, overheating low right corner, battery discharging extremely fast....and don't tell me these are isolated issues. There are a ton of threads here about these issues.
    zkyevolved likes this.
    02-01-2015 05:47 AM
    It never gets warm for me when on YouTube. Although I use MetroTube usually, or sometime MyTube.
    02-01-2015 08:25 AM
    It will probably get hot, the 930 is the most flawed in build aspect. It gets very hot in watching 1080p videos and IE. Just launch Tubecast or mytube and you will see. It shouldn't be this way, if you get an S5 or iPhone 6, those phones will stay cool.
    Also if you are using it while it's charging it will definitely get extremely hot in youtube full hd videos. Whoever says different, I dare him to post a clip on youtube with thermometer attached to the low right corner, while the phone is charging and set to play from youtube a video on 1080p. You will see the degrees going up and up and up...until it burns your hand.

I had so many phones to play with and even though this one has high specs it's the worst in build quality. Screen has ghosting issues, purple tint for some people, abnormal white/greys zone for others, overheating low right corner, battery discharging extremely fast....and don't tell me these are isolated issues. There are a ton of threads here about these issues.
    It's pretty normal that the phone heats wile charging and you playing with it, especially if you are transmitting data (wifi or mobile data), there's a lot of power going thru the phone components and that generates heat. I don't understand why some people dont get it.

Even when you unplug it, if you are playing or watching videos or movies your phone is transmitting a lot of data and power thru the components and again that generates heat and it have to go some place... like your hands.
    Axeelant likes this.
    02-01-2015 11:18 AM
    That's total bull****! You know why? Cause I have an HTC 8X that doesn't fry my palm. Also S5 or iPhone 6 don't get that hot.
    Please, don't convince people it's ok while it isn't.
    Last edited by Florin_Anghel; 02-01-2015 at 12:46 PM.
    02-01-2015 12:34 PM
    That's total bull****! You know why? Cause I have an HTC 8X that doesn't fry my palm. Also S5 or iPhone 6 don't get that hot.
    Please, don't convince people it's ok while it isn't.
    And who said that the 930 fry anything? People complains but anyone did got hurt using it..or how accurate is to say my phone it's a hot potato? there are a lot worst phones than the 930 and if you google it you see a lot of people complaining that iphone 5s and 6 have heating and battery drain problems.
    02-01-2015 01:49 PM
    All phones have issuies and faulty devices. You're just constantly complaining cause you're probably mostly browsing L930 subforum and reading threads about it. You can also find articles about faulty Samsung or iPhones that actually fried things, melt itself. So if your device is really getting that hot, then it's faulty. You should use your warranty and replace it for a normally functioning unit.
    And what I mean by that is that, yes, the device gets warm. Not hot, warm. While on charger, or while it's used for exssessive tasks its normal for a phone to get warm. But it shouldnt get too hot for you to hold it in your hand. And to add, Denim mostly solved that for me. It only gets warm when charging. Other times it's normal.
    02-01-2015 05:34 PM
    I was LG G3 user, and thing used to get real hot and i mean super hot. But Lumia 930 is nothing compared to G3, it's bearable in any case.
    02-02-2015 08:10 AM
    I was LG G3 user, and thing used to get real hot and i mean super hot. But Lumia 930 is nothing compared to G3, it's bearable in any case.
    That's funny. My G3 has never been hot, ever.... With even hours of use. But I am no gamer. I only browse the web, use Whatsapp and LINE messengers. I browse tumblr from now and again... But never been hot, let alone warm. My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 gets warm while playing Hearthstone or charging. But I'd expect nothing less from a tablet.
    02-02-2015 09:48 AM
    That's funny. My G3 has never been hot, ever.... With even hours of use. But I am no gamer. I only browse the web, use Whatsapp and LINE messengers. I browse tumblr from now and again... But never been hot, let alone warm. My Samsung Galaxy Tab Pro 8.4 gets warm while playing Hearthstone or charging. But I'd expect nothing less from a tablet.
    That's it. Exactly what it's all about. It's not odd for people to have different experiences with the same phone.
    02-02-2015 10:21 AM
    GOt my Lumia 930 today. Wow it gets hot very quickly. Solution please.
    02-09-2015 04:01 AM
411 ... 1213141516 ...