Recommended -Car Dashboard Mount for 930

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the Brodit mount depress the on/off button either then? Apparently the official Nokia wireless mount does.

Bernhard Koenig

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
Doesn't the Brodit mount depress the on/off button either then? Apparently the official Nokia wireless mount does.

I'll likely go for the Nokia CR-201 as it has wireless charging builtin, too. The CR-200 had an issue with the 1520 for pressing the camera button, but I read this does not happen with the CR-201 anymore. For the 930, I'll have to see ... but I'm hopeful it will work ...

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
already order the "active" Brodit car mount for the Lumia Icon long before I received the Lumia 930... :D
fits perfectly, will be charged quite fast and is connected via BT.
No problems with the power button, it's not "inside" the mount, so no accidentally push.

I only can recommend it!

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Why do people do this? A guy recommends a product and others immediately make alternative suggestions, completely ignoring the original post? Maybe 'I have a better suggestion because . . .' or even 'I don't agree . . '. I think it's a bloke thing, lol.

Why do you guys think the Brodit is better than the OSO mount? Looks a lot more expensive by the time you buy the mount and the passive cradle.

Tafsern

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I'll likely go for the Nokia CR-201 as it has wireless charging builtin, too. The CR-200 had an issue with the 1520 for pressing the camera button, but I read this does not happen with the CR-201 anymore. For the 930, I'll have to see ... but I'm hopeful it will work ...

It works. I use the CR-201 with 930 and it's great :)

xivius

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
already order the "active" Brodit car mount for the Lumia Icon long before I received the Lumia 930... :D
No problems with the power button, it's not "inside" the mount, so no accidentally push.

I only can recommend it!

Where did you buy this ? I cant find a shop on internet with stock on this ...

timppa_k

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
ezajy4e9.png

This is my solution when I already have a phone mount CR-200 ;) Let me see how it works. The picture is from L930.

Sent from my SVS1312C5E using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
Why do people do this? A guy recommends a product and others immediately make alternative suggestions, completely ignoring the original post? Maybe 'I have a better suggestion because . . .' or even 'I don't agree . . '. I think it's a bloke thing, lol.

Why do you guys think the Brodit is better than the OSO mount? Looks a lot more expensive by the time you buy the mount and the passive cradle.
Sorry, this thread has the title "Recommended -Car Dashboard Mount for 930"... didn't know that it's only about the OSO mount...
Just wanted to share that there is an active Brodit mount available for the Lumia 930 / Icon, and just wanted to share my experiences with it...

to your question "...better than OSO...?": I personally like the Brodit philosophy: a pro clip for the car, a holder for the smartphone - combine to your needs... already had it for my iPhone 5, so I only had to exchange the holder... :)

dwj130

May 21, 2014
Visit site

I only can recommend it!

I was thinking of that one as been using Brodit since windows mobile 6.5 days! And taking it in & out of holder doesn't press the camera key?

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking of that one as been using Brodit since windows mobile 6.5 days! And taking it in & out of holder doesn't press the camera key?
After using it for nearly a week... no, no accidental camera button press so far...
there is a cavity in the mount (on both side of the holder where you slide in the phone), so it's nearly impossible to accidentally press one of the buttons...
try to make a close-up photo of the holder this evening and post it...

Chris Keeble

Jul 20, 2014
Visit site
I have just taken delivery of the Lumia 930 and already have the CR-201. They work together like a dream. Due to my job, I would now really like to purchase a decent hybrid case such as the Incipio Dual Pro or Otterbox defender.

I have read on various threads that the 930 can still charge wirelessly with these cases on (I accept its not generally recommended).

My question however is this, does the Lumia 930 / Icon still actually fit into the CR-201 with one of these cases on? Does anyone have any experience on this?

IanMoyes

Jul 15, 2014
Visit site
I read with the CR-200 lots of complaints that when you were using the Here app that the wireless charging wasn't powerful enough to even maintain the current charge level of the phone!

Would anyone who's got the CR-201 be able to confirm if Nokia have managed to improve on this or if the problem is still there? As a chap who was hoping to do some long distance journeys with a 930 and a good dock, the comments I have read worry me a bit!

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
It grips the sides of the phone but the jaws grip the edges rather than the flat sides therefore the buttons are not depressed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786