im thinking about buying lumia 930, but im not impressed with the battery life. im wondering if its possible to buy a better battery (3rd party batteries) and then pay some expert to change it for me.
    07-16-2014 06:36 AM
    im thinking about buying lumia 930, but im not impressed with the battery life. im wondering if its possible to buy a better battery (3rd party batteries) and then pay some expert to change it for me.
    There are tear-downs to show how its done, but i don't think its wise. A better option might be to have one of those portable chargers. - The Best USB Battery Pack For Traveling With Phones, Tablets
    07-16-2014 06:40 AM
    While probably possible, it will void your warranty.
    07-16-2014 06:52 AM
    well, it kinda sucks that s5 batery lasts 3 days and lumias only about 1
    07-16-2014 07:00 AM
    The S5 doesnt have any special kind of battery life. It sits pretty much there with all other flagship phones. In some things it seems to fair a bit better than others, but the battery tests I checked usually had it somewhere halfway wih the list, in some tests even a Lumia 1020 faired better and I keep hearing that has a bad battery life :D Your 3 days to 1 day is very anecdotal, I can make my 920 last 3 days if I want to, but that means a very specific kind of usage. With normal usage it easily lasts me day (as shold 930) just like a Galaxy S5 would.

Well, it does have a bigger battery, so definitey that leads to somewhat better battery life than the 930, but it doesn't give it extra 2 days of similar usage.

It's also about tradeoffs. I havnt used an S5 for much, but if the old Galaxy S-series phones are anything to go by, I rather trade some battery life for a product that doesn't feel and look like a toy, but that's just me.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-16-2014 07:12 AM
    You know you can visit any forum about any smartphone and find people moaning about battery life. I've had various iPhones, a Lumia 920, a Nexus 5 and they have all had similar battery life for me. Each phone starts out from new with terrible battery life, you can almost see the battery discharging before your eyes. I've had my 930 just over a week now and the battery life is much improved.

The real problem is with current battery technology. It sucks. When someone comes up with new technology it will be a massive breakthrough and will have all sorts of implications. Electric cars in particular will become mainstream. It's coming!
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-16-2014 07:22 AM
    You know you can visit any forum about any smartphone and find people moaning about battery life. I've had various iPhones, a Lumia 920, a Nexus 5 and they have all had similar battery life for me. Each phone starts out from new with terrible battery life, you can almost see the battery discharging before your eyes. I've had my 930 just over a week now and the battery life is much improved.

The real problem is with current battery technology. It sucks. When someone comes up with new technology it will be a massive breakthrough and will have all sorts of implications. Electric cars in particular will become mainstream. It's coming!
    Agreed, my 930 battery has improved too. I suppose when you first get it you abuse it rotten! As the novelty wears off the battery life increases lol

My issue is this bloody forum hahaha sucks most of my battery :)
    07-16-2014 07:48 AM