Hi all,
    Wondering if anyone else is having the same issue? When I text my missus (to her iPhone) she is receiving some msgs multiple times, other times the msg send's but says it "cant send"?!?

Also occasionally when she sends me a msg I get a msg multiple times!

It sounds like a network issue as we are on the same network (EE UK) but I thought id check.

Cheers.
    07-16-2014 02:58 PM
    Did you ever have an iPhone? If so, did you disable iMessage before switching to Windows Phone? Has she removed you from her iMessage contacts and switched you to SMS/MMS?

http://www.imore.com/text-issues-swi...roid-heres-fix

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    07-16-2014 03:58 PM
    I've seen this issue when there is a weak signal. Is this problem occurring when texting from one location but not another?
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-16-2014 04:03 PM
    Did you ever have an iPhone? If so, did you disable iMessage before switching to Windows Phone? Has she removed you from her iMessage contacts and switched you to SMS/MMS?

http://www.imore.com/text-issues-swi...roid-heres-fix

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 using Tapatalk
    Yeah i deactivated a good week before moving to WP. And made sure it was not longer hijacked by speaking to Apple support.

I tested this in may too as iIknew about the issues. Apparently apple has resolved the issues now as it releases much quicker.
    07-16-2014 05:08 PM
    I've seen this issue when there is a weak signal. Is this problem occurring when texting from one location but not another?
    It seems to occur anywhere. Ealier when I posted this thread I was on sofa, my other half was sitting with the kids getting them to sleep lol

But it also happens while I was at work. Its not every text though.

Also the failed msgs seem to have gone through. Multiple times. Maybe ill mention it to MS via their support portal.
    07-16-2014 05:11 PM
    also moved from iPhone/iOS to Lumia 930/WP, but don't have the issue with multiple msgs...

I switched off iMessage when i got the Lumia 930, even removed the iPhone from my Apple account.
    When my better half sent me the first msg to my WP, this msg was "successfully" sent as an iMessage... this one is still somewhere in the cloud and will for sure return in a thousand of years as a high-tech new lifeform... ;-) the second msg (I think she tried it some days later) couldn't be sent as an iMessage any more, so iOS offered her to sent it as a msg - worked, and for now on iOS doesn't ask anymore, just sends it as a msg... so Apple seemed to fix the bug where people couldn't "move away from iMessage", but it still take some time and maybe some manual handling...
    07-18-2014 01:22 AM
    also moved from iPhone/iOS to Lumia 930/WP, but don't have the issue with multiple msgs...

I switched off iMessage when i got the Lumia 930, even removed the iPhone from my Apple account.
    When my better half sent me the first msg to my WP, this msg was "successfully" sent as an iMessage... this one is still somewhere in the cloud and will for sure return in a thousand of years as a high-tech new lifeform... ;-) the second msg (I think she tried it some days later) couldn't be sent as an iMessage any more, so iOS offered her to sent it as a msg - worked, and for now on iOS doesn't ask anymore, just sends it as a msg... so Apple seemed to fix the bug where people couldn't "move away from iMessage", but it still take some time and maybe some manual handling...
    Yeah i don't think the issue is with Apple and their hijacking of numbers. Maybe 6 months ago, not so much now. We just used whatsapp for 24 hours, until the msgs went green constantly.

So I am thinking its more of a carrier issue.
    07-18-2014 03:18 AM