As some of you know i moved to Windows Phone (Lumia 930) from iPhone 5s. I posted my experience on here in relation to the camera, which led to a good discussion.

Now its the SensorCore's turn. I will keep this relatively short, as there is really not much to write about.

So i have been using the 930 now for just over a week, each day i walk to work and with my iPhone i was using Runkeeper to keep track of things. Well i notice Runkeeper was taken away from Windows Phone, so i decided to give the Bing Health app a whirl. While its simplistic, it tracks what i wanted so i am happy.

Any way, as i try to conserve battery i don't keep the app open and this is where the M7 CPU and SensorCore come into play. As you maybe aware these track your movements, and store them its a simple idea that works well -- sometimes.

My issue with the M7 (iPhone) is that it did not pick up my walks 70% of the time, so i missed out of some tracking data. I am finding the 930 is picking up AND storing my walks for multiple days so if i forget to open the app the data is still there :D

I am finding the SensorCore to be much better than its iOS nemesis, and i am hoping that more apps take advantage of this including a welcome return from Runkeeper (i know there is a 3rd party app, i'm just not keen on it). If this is the direction MSFT is going with devices its quite positive, and i really hope the major app devs notice it again and start to consider WP now WP8.1 is bringing more to the table.
    07-17-2014 03:07 AM
    Since I'm in the market for a 930 as soon as it releases, I was looking for somebody to post their experiences with SensorCore apps. Thanks for that. Do continue posting your thoughts on it, and any shortcomings you observe.
    thatuxguy likes this.
    07-17-2014 03:56 AM
    Quick note... in StorageSense don't delete the temp data... i found it deletes some game saves *sigh* lol I am guessing the Sensor Core data is here too, until it is used by an app.
    07-17-2014 05:01 AM
    Can't tell something how it works / not works on iPhone 5s as I only had an iPhone 5, but the movement tracking on the Lumia 930 works perfectly! I only hope that SensorCore will in the future support external devices (e.g. HR belt on BT 4.0 LE (have a Polar H6)), so that apps can access and show the data from a central place... :-)
    07-18-2014 01:11 AM
    Can't tell something how it works / not works on iPhone 5s as I only had an iPhone 5, but the movement tracking on the Lumia 930 works perfectly! I only hope that SensorCore will in the future support external devices (e.g. HR belt on BT 4.0 LE (have a Polar H6)), so that apps can access and show the data from a central place... :-)
    Basically it seems the M7 kicks in after about 15 mins, the SensorCore kicks in and i have noticed picks up my walks straight away.
    07-18-2014 03:28 AM
    I can't really comment on the difference between the two, but thanks for posting this thread; I got my L930 yesterday and had completely forgotten about the Sensor Core stuff. I'm somewhat amazed to find that the Bing Health app already has steps tracked from yesterday and today, despite me not having opened it before now! Good stuff...

Now, if I could somehow get it to collaborate with my Fitbit (to work out when I've been walking with one and not the other) that would be magic!
    07-18-2014 03:43 AM
    I can't really comment on the difference between the two, but thanks for posting this thread; I got my L930 yesterday and had completely forgotten about the Sensor Core stuff. I'm somewhat amazed to find that the Bing Health app already has steps tracked from yesterday and today, despite me not having opened it before now! Good stuff...

Now, if I could somehow get it to collaborate with my Fitbit (to work out when I've been walking with one and not the other) that would be magic!
    Fitbit is incoming - Fitbit confirms Windows Phone 8.1 app in development | Windows Phone Central

Lets hope they make use of the SensorCore :D
    PabsTheGeek likes this.
    07-18-2014 04:03 AM
    Fitbit is incoming - Fitbit confirms Windows Phone 8.1 app in development | Windows Phone Central

Lets hope they make use of the SensorCore :D
    That is really rather unlikely as all Fitbit devices have step tracking among their most prominent features. Why would they promote the idea that you don't need their product to track your steps and other fitness data? Then again, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. :)
    07-18-2014 09:35 AM
    That is really rather unlikely as all Fitbit devices have step tracking among their most prominent features. Why would they promote the idea that you don't need their product to track your steps and other fitness data? Then again, I'd be delighted to be proven wrong. :)
    Because you can use the iPhones M7 processor in that way on the iphone version. So its safe to assume they would do the same with SensorCore.

If they don't use the hardware people are not likely to use the app.

http://9to5mac.com/2013/12/30/fitbit...track-feature/
    07-18-2014 10:26 AM