Virtual keyboard is slow

sibirsk

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Hello everyone

Do you find your Lumia 930 keyboard a bit slow?
I do. I feel there's a little lag between me pressing the key onscreen, and the key registering and highlighting.
Typing full speed makes it miss some letters or portions of words, or perhaps it registers a swipe instead of two presses... but sure as hell, I pressed and released twice and separately, not swiped.
Finally, word prediction comes up late, leaving errors uncorrected unless I pause at the end of the word. I also remember seeing some WP 8.1 preview videos where you could see the word being formed while swiping, but this doesn't happen on my 930 (maybe same reason as previous item).

Finally a question for previous-gen Lumia users:
I had an old HTC Radar (wp 7.5) and keyboard & UI felt faster and absolutely lag-free. I can't say the same about my 930.
Question is, has Windows Phone in the meantime become a lag- and stutter-hell like Android, or is this in your opinion limited to the current Lumia 930 firmware?

Thank you

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Keyboard is working fine her on my windows phone 8.1 device. Try a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself.(ignore the sliding screen to power off the phone , this wont erase any of your personal data ).

sibirsk

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Keyboard is working fine her on my windows phone 8.1 device. Try a soft reset by holding volume down + lock button at the same time until your phone vibrates and reboot itself.(ignore the sliding screen to power off the phone , this wont erase any of your personal data ).

My keyboard has been like this from the first day, doubt rebooting would do something about it.
I admit what I perceive is a very fine difference between speedy and laggy, but nevertheless I perceive it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre