Camera/Battery question

AirSlab

May 22, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm considering getting the 930 as my first ever WP. Concerning the camera, I read in a review that the 930 essentially stores 5MP photos as opposed to full 20MP photos, or something of that sort. I've never owned a phone that uses this concept, so if anyone can explain to me how exactly it works I'd be really happy. Is it essentially a 5MP photo that you can zoom into really far or is there a way to just make it take full-resolution photos?

Also, I thought that since power is meant to go further in WP than Android that the 2420mAh battery would go far, but I've read in the "Battery life first impressions" thread that tons of people are very unhappy with the battery? Also, there are many reports of the phone becoming really hot?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts:)

Slab

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys. I'm considering getting the 930 as my first ever WP. Concerning the camera, I read in a review that the 930 essentially stores 5MP photos as opposed to full 20MP photos, or something of that sort. I've never owned a phone that uses this concept, so if anyone can explain to me how exactly it works I'd be really happy. Is it essentially a 5MP photo that you can zoom into really far or is there a way to just make it take full-resolution photos?

Also, I thought that since power is meant to go further in WP than Android that the 2420mAh battery would go far, but I've read in the "Battery life first impressions" thread that tons of people are very unhappy with the battery? Also, there are many reports of the phone becoming really hot?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts:)

Slab

RE Camera, check out this thread i started. People explain it in there...

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/295001-newbie-question-16mp-images.html

As for battery, i and many others have noticed it gets better over time. I have noticed a huge difference in the week i have had it. I would say its just down to use.

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It can dual-capture 5 MP and 16/19 MP photos or single capture a 5 MP photo, depending on your settings in Nokia Camera. The 5 MP output is oversampled from the 16/19 MP output, and reframing of the 5 MP photo in Nokia Camera is the cropping of the 16/19 MP JPG. Oversampled meaning that the quality of the photo at 5 MP will look very similar to the 16/19 MP photo until you zoom in on the 5 MP output which would reveal the lower pixel count.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720