Purple Hue, related to the glass?

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I know many of us are noticing the purple hue.

I have noticed its more prominent when using the front camera over the rear camera.

I have read somewhere that its relating to the glass, which in theory would make sense as the front camera is under the same glass as the screen, thus enhancing the purple hue more.

I tried the "fix" however using the front cam still produced a purple hue. I'm gonna do some tests to look into this further.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I just bought a 930 and there is a purple hue on the front facing camera but not the back. I don't care anyway.

Either the iPhone 4S or 5 had the same problem. Apple said it was because of the sapphire lens or some crap.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I just bought a 930 and there is a purple hue on the front facing camera but not the back. I don't care anyway.

Either the iPhone 4S or 5 had the same problem. Apple said it was because of the sapphire lens or some crap.

Never had it on my 4,5, or 5s. Just very noticeable on from as the purples are deeper.

My 5mth old son likes the front camera as he can see himself and reacts to it lol, he also enjoys a go on fruit ninja!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I do recall this being an issue with some iPhone too at some point, I've also heard about it on Android phones as well as Lumias. I've read an explanation to it too and it's basically "completely natural behavior due to the way light interacts", but that it can be remedied with software.

I think this is the article I recall reading a few years ago. It's about iPhone 5, but as said, it's not limited to iPhones, but is "normal" to smartphones, even if it can be helped with software:

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/7/3468538/apple-explains-purple-flare-iphone-5-camera

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
I understand that there can be purple lens flare. What i see in not related to this. You have purple on screen in some scenarios such as waking from standby etc. This gets worse when using the front camera mainly as it doubles up the purple.
Purple hue on screen, then purple hue via camera as its behind the same glass, thus the purple is much stronger.

Its even worse in low light I have noticed.

I hope they can fix via an update.

scgf

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
If it is to do with the glass then it should be simple for MS to factor in some adjustments to the display algorithm to neutralise the effect.

travis_valkyrie

Jan 3, 2012
Visit site
Are you sure? Cause the purple hint is more apparent when using the front camera which would point towards the glass.

Yup, it's the same bug. Will be fixed with update just like it did on the Lumia 900.

Nokia reportedly has identified the purple-hue screen issue for Lumia 900, will fix with future update | Windows Phone Central

It's not the glass, it's something to do with the AMOLED calibration with the brightness input. The purple haze on cameras are normal, they're just light reflections made by the convex lenses. But yeah if glass was the issue then refer to guy above me.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
The purple tint on the front camera is in pretty much any light. Not sure I suit the purple tint in my hair.

Also I'm noticing whites which are reflected in my glasses are turned purple.

Otsego Amigo

Jun 20, 2013
Visit site
I've noticed this on the 930 too. I have always used the cobalt theme on my 920 and on the 930 it shows purple so I assume its a screen calibration issue.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos