Purple Hue, related to the glass?

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Even if the glass was responsible, it's mainly a problem with poor software calibration and the proof is that you can almost solve the issue by adjusting the colour profile (it will still happen when you set your phone's brightness to "low").

This needs a software update. ASAP.

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Even if the glass was responsible, it's mainly a problem with poor software calibration and the proof is that you can almost solve the issue by adjusting the colour profile (it will still happen when you set your phone's brightness to "low").

This needs a software update. ASAP.

I did the green tint thing, and I still get a purple tint to whites surely this is not lens flare. My iPhone 5s didn't do it, but I can see a slight purple tint if there is daylight on the front cam. Not as much as the 930 mind, but its there.

D0gsballs

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
This must be a display settings problem. Although I kept mine on default and couldn't see any issue, I have knocked it down a little more towards the green side just to make it a bit more white.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
can EVERYONE facing this issue please tweet @NokiaHelps regarding the purple hue as they don't seem to be taking me seriously. It could be of great help to us all.

Let me know how you all get on.

Thanks

thatuxguy

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
can EVERYONE facing this issue please tweet @NokiaHelps regarding the purple hue as they don't seem to be taking me seriously. It could be of great help to us all.

Let me know how you all get on.

Thanks

Already done, and they just shrugg it off, and say change the colour profile. - the green tint "fix". I am really get the feeling the MSFT/nokia support guys are all a bit fed up with potentially loosing their jobs.

afgzee

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
Already done, and they just shrugg it off, and say change the colour profile. - the green tint "fix". I am really get the feeling the MSFT/nokia support guys are all a bit fed up with potentially loosing their jobs.

Dont give in to their lazy crap
keep pushing them. I now have it escalated.

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I did the green tint thing, and I still get a purple tint to whites surely this is not lens flare. My iPhone 5s didn't do it, but I can see a slight purple tint if there is daylight on the front cam. Not as much as the 930 mind, but its there.

It's just Gorilla Glass 3, the same glass as most other smart phones.

DJCBS

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site

Note I said "almost". The green-trick helps but doesn't solve it. Which is why I said it needs a software update. It's got nothing to do with the screen in itself (tons of other phones use Gorila Glass 3)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720