Hi,

I am new to this group.

Last night microsoft downloaded windows 8.1 to my nokia lumia 930 automatically.

Now many apps need to be reloaded too.

I have tried to download the updates but am asked for a microsoft password using an email address that I do not know, namely: -------@live.com. I have never registered at microsoft at that email address.

When I enter and try to download the app updates, the message "needs attention" appears under each app. Then there is a note that for those who think an error message is available, namely; 80860006.

Thus, how do I download the updates?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Somboun
    07-19-2014 04:27 AM
    Hi

What I did is log-in to windowsphone.com and go to my account settings.

From there I clicked on the update button next to personal info (didn't change anything) and then clicked UPDATE

After that I turned my phone off and on again so that it would prompt me for my microsoft account password when attempting to update my apps retyped my password and BAM! My apps started loading again.

Good Luck
    xandros9 likes this.
    07-21-2014 03:50 AM
    Hello James. I have the same problem as Somboun. Phone Nokia Lumia 620. Windows 8.1 and then Nokia Cyan downloaded last night. Unable to update my apps, as requested, as the password prompt screen won't accept my password. As for Somboun the email address provided on the screen is not my current Microsoft account address. Before I came to this site I tried to update my email address on the Microsoft Account site. As you will know, I can change my password, but not address I used when I set up the account. After reading your advice I went to the WindowsPhone site and looked in my sign-on details, but can't spot the update open. Are you able to point it out?

Hi

What I did is log-in to windowsphone.com and go to my account settings.

From there I clicked on the update button next to personal info (didn't change anything) and then clicked UPDATE

After that I turned my phone off and on again so that it would prompt me for my microsoft account password when attempting to update my apps retyped my password and BAM! My apps started loading again.

Good Luck
    08-02-2014 05:26 AM
    I've encountered the exact same problem. Nokia 625 - Windows 8.1 and Nokia OS Cyan installed, which has somehow required updating of all installed apps. Microsoft Account won't take my password as the email address presented is not the address used for the MS Account. I've had a look at Windows Phone site, as James has kindly suggested but I'm unable to find the Update option James has in his settings.
    08-02-2014 06:00 AM
    I've encountered the exact same problem. Nokia 625 - Windows 8.1 and Nokia OS Cyan installed, which has somehow required updating of all installed apps. Microsoft Account won't take my password as the email address presented is not the address used for the MS Account. I've had a look at Windows Phone site, as James has kindly suggested but I'm unable to find the Update option James has in his settings.
    It's in the section from the dropdown menu that says, 'Purchase History'
    08-02-2014 06:15 AM