07-28-2014 06:05 AM
83 ... 234
tools
    I'm not looking for the last word, but don't your excellent examples demonstrate that extra memory may bring real improvements in practice? :-)
    Yes, it's just that so far we were not discussing improvements in general that result from having more RAM (of which there are many), but only and specifically runtime performance improvements (of which there are few).
    07-24-2014 06:58 AM
    Interesting reading,

I am expecting delivery of 15 Lumia 930's this afternoon, so I should get a good idea of what problems could be considered common, and which are just "Monday Morning" handsets.
    07-24-2014 07:17 AM
    Interesting reading,

I am expecting delivery of 15 Lumia 930's this afternoon, so I should get a good idea of what problems could be considered common, and which are just "Monday Morning" handsets.
    That's just greedy!! 😄
    hasasimo and Br1anK like this.
    07-24-2014 09:13 AM
    I've had my 930 almost 1 week and so far, I don't have single complaint with the handset. It's by far, the best smartphone I've ever had, I'm so happy with it. A revelation over my 8X. Still awaiting my Nokia bundle which will just be the icing on the cake.

If I had a small niggling complaint, it's the round charging plate that comes included in the box. Because of it's relatively small diameter, it's sometimes hit and miss when you set the phone down to charge. There's a tiny indicator but that's tricky to spot beneath the 5" phone. Although the screen does initially light up (along with the charging icon), the screen then disappears, naturally. If you subsequently nudge the phone off the charging sweet-spot, you won't notice that it's no longer charging anymore which can be annoying if you faithfully put it on charge before going to sleep and find in the morning that it's dead or still not charged much further. But even that will be moot as soon as my free bundle arrives.
    07-24-2014 10:47 AM
    Before I gave up on the small wireless charger I was putting my phone horizontally to see the indicator :)
    With DT-900 - no issues at all.
    07-24-2014 11:03 AM
    Yeah, that's exactly what I do now, to be certain. The design looks like an after-thought, despite it being good charger. Haha, just spotted another niggling flaw, unlike my 8X, there's no charging indicator on the phone, that would have been useful.
    07-24-2014 11:20 AM
    Yeah, that's exactly what I do now, to be certain. The design looks like an after-thought, despite it being good charger. Haha, just spotted another niggling flaw, unlike my 8X, there's no charging indicator on the phone, that would have been useful.
    Just a question, wouldn't you know that there phone is on charge by the fact that you put it on a charger?
    07-25-2014 09:23 AM
    Just a question, wouldn't you know that there phone is on charge by the fact that you put it on a charger?
    If you look on the included charger, there is little light that comes on at the front of the wireless plate along the edge when it's charging the phone. If you have that pointing you, it should be easy to see (in a dark-ish room) if it's charging or not.
    07-28-2014 06:05 AM
83 ... 234