Have you been happy with the switch? Would you recommend it? I'm fully aware of the spec differences between the two, so there's no need to point those out.

I like my 1520, especially getting LTE on T-Mobile, but the 930's aesthetics appeal to me. Of course, I'd have to do without glance, LTE (I'm in North America), and the stellar battery life. All in all it's probably not worth it, but I'd be interested to see if those that went from a 1520 to a 930 think it's much of a downgrade, if at all. I'm talking battery life, speaker phone loudness and quality, etc., all the things that make the 1520 so great. The only benefits I'm seeing to a 930 switch are the more reasonable size, the aesthetics (though the 1520 is nice too) and no more dealing with the famed 1520 swipe/tap bug.
    07-21-2014 01:28 AM
    Other than the size I don't know how 930 is not a downgrade from 1520. For me 1520 size is an advantage though.
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-21-2014 01:36 AM
    Wouldn't make sense to downgrade. 1520 is the best hardware in which WP8.1 rocks. Hands down.
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-21-2014 05:07 AM
    Have you been happy with the switch? Would you recommend it? I'm fully aware of the spec differences between the two, so there's no need to point those out.

I like my 1520, especially getting LTE on T-Mobile, but the 930's aesthetics appeal to me. Of course, I'd have to do without glance, LTE (I'm in North America), and the stellar battery life. All in all it's probably not worth it, but I'd be interested to see if those that went from a 1520 to a 930 think it's much of a downgrade, if at all. I'm talking battery life, speaker phone loudness and quality, etc., all the things that make the 1520 so great. The only benefits I'm seeing to a 930 switch are the more reasonable size, the aesthetics (though the 1520 is nice too) and no more dealing with the famed 1520 swipe/tap bug.
    For me, the swipe/tap bug was the only reason to switch. The 930 doesn't have it - that's great. Other than that, unfortunately, the 930 isn't a great phone. The screen's cheap, battery life is mediocre and it's chock full of hardware issues.
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-22-2014 02:52 PM
    I also made the switch. Main reason to me was the size and the swipe/bug as well. I liked the idea of having 1080 screen on a 5". The design also is nice . But here what I missed:
    1- battery life, although it's not a big deal to me as my work is always indoors
    2- speakers, no way to compare the 1520 is louder than any smartphone I've ever used
    3- the 1520 is a real unibody , unlike the 930. For me when I hold the 930 I can feel the different texture between the metal frame and the plastic back cover , not a big deal as the 930 doesn't make creaks or whatever though

I don't miss the SD card as I don't download many games or photos, the cameras are the same
    Overall I loved the 930 for its size while was never comfortable with 1520 which I used as a pure tablet lately :)
    KoukiFC3S and hasasimo like this.
    07-23-2014 09:04 AM
    I have owned 1520 nearly 8 months now and fiddled 930 in my hands today. It felt so tiny that i never could go back such a small screened phone It looks nice but its just like toy in your hands. How can people use iPhones or other phones with 4" screens?

My next phone is for sure equipped with 6" screen minimum when ever i switch next. Once you go big, you ever go back
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-23-2014 11:08 AM
    I made the switch mainly for the swipe/tap issue and was very happy to find it to not be an issue on the 930. I have noticed other things too however.

The slight purple hue when waking the phone is apparent but clears up very quickly and doesn't bother me.
    No Glance is a little annoying but I can live with it.
    Battery life is better than I expected.
    The phone is utterly fantastic to hold.
    Performance overall for me is much quicker. Not sure if that's to do with Cyan but I've gone through two 1520's and as much as I liked it I just had too many issues to keep it (speaker popping, laggy apps, display issues etc).

Personally I love the 930. Perfect size for me even if I do miss the 6inch screen just a little bit :)
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-23-2014 12:29 PM
    Yes I am happy with my switch. But it doesn't mean I am unsatisfied with my 1520, it because now I want a phone more than a phonablet.

In comparison, they win over respectively in:

930 - portability, sim card tray design, flat camera without hump
    1520 - display quality, battery life, speaker, extended SD memory, Glance-support

I still keep the 1520 as my secondary driver. With its brilliant battery life and giant screen, I mostly streaming video, playing game. With 930, mostly I text, phone call, browsing.

Side note: The swipe/tap issue has been 90% solved in my 1520 after several updates.
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-23-2014 12:48 PM
    The 1520 is a great phone, I used it for 2 weeks. But after installing the preview for developers I noticed that battery life increased too much! Even after some hard resets. I had to charge it every 8 hours. I also owned a Samsung Ativ S but now I have the 930 since 1,5 weeks. And Im in love with it. The screen is much better, you dont see dirt of fingers so much like on the 1520. Camera is same quality like the 1520 and makes perfect pictures. The speakers are louder and better, the design is more classy, the 930 is faster, and in my case the battery of the 930 lasts longer! I need to charge it once in 2 days, and till now I have no issues that many other owners have like overheat and purple glue. This is the best device I ever had in my hands!!! The 930 is an amazing phone, 32Gb is enough for me. I have more then 150 music albums on my phone (in vbr quality) and got still 18GB left! Glance is nice but not a priority. The 930 has double tap to wake up. The only thing I dont like is the non-removable battery but thats also the case with the 1520. For me, the 930 with its beautiful clear 5 inch display which is big enough, is the best WP and Im sure I will not get a new phone for the next couple of years ;)
    hasasimo likes this.
    07-23-2014 05:10 PM
    So many mixed opinions! Are any of you using the 930 in North America? I ask because lack of LTE support is something I'd have to consider if I switch.
    07-23-2014 10:22 PM