Nokia Lumia 930 LTE Band Required for Canada

paliotti

Feb 19, 2013
Visit site
If I want the Nokia Lumia 930, which model should I get (it it exists) so that I can use LTE in Canada?

Canada gets no love... mostly because our carriers suck!

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
There's only one 930 model, the international one. You should be able to get LTE on Rogers or Bell (band 7 2600MHz).

I can't confirm this first hand (yet), my 930 is arriving tomorrow :)

And yes, Canada gets no love, *sigh*.

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Yes i have been using it for over a week and everything has been great. I haven't had any of the issues others have reported. I'm on Rogers and getting 4G signal. If you're still on the fence about getting it I definitely say don't wait any longer, it's a fantastic phone.

Sent from my RM-1045_1044 using Tapatalk

bh626

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Yes i have been using it for over a week and everything has been great. I haven't had any of the issues others have reported. I'm on Rogers and getting 4G signal. If you're still on the fence about getting it I definitely say don't wait any longer, it's a fantastic phone.

Sent from my RM-1045_1044 using Tapatalk

What type of download speeds do you get on speedtest?
At the end of a medium use day, how much battery is left?
How hot does it really get? My HTC 8X gets very hot when running Here Drive - how would it compare?
What phone are you upgrading from?

Thanks for the help.

blue1k

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I was getting 45MBs with my 1520 using same 2600 band on Rogers. But I wouldn't use it much. The radio keeps searching for an LTE signal and 2600 has terrible penetration. I use it when I am in Vancouver or Metrotown

anon(5325154)

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Getting 53Mbps downloads.

It's harder to say about the battery since everyone's usage is different. My usage is typically light. When I get home from work I'll have about 30-50% charge left I would say.

As for heat, again that's subjective. I haven't tested Here Drive yet but I'll update if I get the chance. I find the phone heats up the most when I'm doing something on it at the same time the auto-update kicks in and start downloading and installing stuff. I've since turned auto-update off.

I'm coming from a Samsung Focus (yeah, I'm old school WP fan)

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
I switched to Rogers yesterday and after getting all setup and my number ported in I didn't see any LTE, just the standard H+ or 3G. While troubleshooting I went into my sim settings and instead of having it automatically select the network, i had it search for available networks. Once i did that i was able to select Rogers and boom, LTE!.

i've switched it back to Automatic and rebooted and i'm still on rogers showing as LTE.

My phone is an Orange 930 CV Malaysia (000-MY RM-1045_1024) on Rogers Wireless in Ottawa

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
What's everyone's thoughts on upgrading to this, or waiting on the W8? I like the SD card option for storing music, but I like the preview camera...

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
What's everyone's thoughts on upgrading to this, or waiting on the W8? I like the SD card option for storing music, but I like the preview camera...
Go for it if you want, you just have to be able to live without SD card support (32gb onboard is fairly generous though) or possible lack of LTE (Im on Telus, so I don't get LTE, but 3G/3G+ works perfectly fine)
The phone is actually quite a looker and solid feeling, the camera quality from what ive used looks good (auto mode, can be further enhanced manually changing settings)

Bob Henry

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
Go for it if you want, you just have to be able to live without SD card support (32gb onboard is fairly generous though) or possible lack of LTE (Im on Telus, so I don't get LTE, but 3G/3G+ works perfectly fine)
The phone is actually quite a looker and solid feeling, the camera quality from what ive used looks good (auto mode, can be further enhanced manually changing settings)

Thanks for confirming that lte doesn't work. I'm on bell in Calgary they use TELUS towers. I'm leaning toward the W8. Hopefully the reviews are favorable.

ziplocks

May 24, 2014
Visit site
For me on the east coast, Virgin and Eastlink have the best deals for me. Does anyone know if the 930 would work on the Virgin network? Or Eastlink?

Where did you guys buy yours online?

Also, the guy from Expansys seemed to say that there is a Latin American version coming out later this year with the Proper Bands for Canada.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a new latin america one, I think I already have it. RM-1045_1092

The box says RM-1045 / Nokia 930 CV LTAU1 Does LTAU refer to Latin America? There's all this reference to Mexico on the box and it started up in Spanish.

I got it from Omega Cell, 675cad+tax shipped, good price!

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I don't think there is a new latin america one, I think I already have it. RM-1045_1092

The box says RM-1045 / Nokia 930 CV LTAU1 Does LTAU refer to Latin America? There's all this reference to Mexico on the box and it started up in Spanish.

I got it from Omega Cell, 675cad+tax shipped, good price!

Very interesting. I tried to Google that specific model and only this forum thread pops up. I wonder if that model would work on AT&T/T-Mobile in the U.S. like the Latin American Lumia 1520 does.

​Would you mind taking a picture of the LTE bands listed on the box?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
Hi no problem, not sure if my PM got sent cause I don't see a record of it, but it's marked as replied so, let me know please :)

LTE 1, 3, 7, 8, 20
WCDMA 1, 2, 5, 8

Lumia930-RM1045_1092.JPG

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Thank you! Sorry for the trouble. And I did get your PM. Interestingly, this does not come with compatible U.S. LTE bands despite it being marked as a Latin American variant just like my 1520. Bummer :(

David Jean STMP

Jan 23, 2013
Visit site
Bonjour,

Those on Rogers, could you confirm that internet sharing (access point) works? And also are you able to send and receive photos within sms messages? I've heard that Rogers have use to block those functions on unlocked phone...

Thanks

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss