My 930 due in later today

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Not happy, had the phone 1 day and it has got pretty hot in one corner and now the rear of the phone is coming away from the mid frame. It's clicking when pushing down on it

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Not happy, had the phone 1 day and it has got pretty hot in one corner and now the rear of the phone is coming away from the mid frame. It's clicking when pushing down on it

Oh !! Sorry to hear that. Just replace it with a new one. !

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Hi everyone, it was me who started this thread. Long story short: Had the phone for 10 days now & so far so good. Battery life is a bit disappointing & no better than my 1020 which has 40% less capacity. The only app I allowed it to run in the background is WhatsApp, brightness set to Medium & still battery life is not all that impressive. I have no colour tinting issue which some if you people have experienced. Heat does build up when charging but nothing too hot to handle. I have said before even my Xperia Z2 does get hot too. 930 has good foam factor & is very nice to handle. Camera is good as always has been with any Pureview tech. Cheers mate & have a nice week end!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Battery life hasn't really been disappointing for me. Seems better than on my 920 at least. Even if the battery is a fair share bigger, I don't think it's realistic to expect it to actually last all that much longer with it's bigger full HD screen and a quadcore under the hood. The bigger capacity is mostly just offsetting the increased power requirements.

I'm on my second week too with the phone, don't really have much else but good things to say about it. Although part of me would've still liked to give that Xperia Z2 a go... it would've been smarter to just buy that first, then sell it if necessary and buy a 930. Now with a 930 it's sort of a "safe option", but it could've been fun to experiment, even with the door open to always come back home :D

masshuu

Apr 16, 2014
Visit site
Well I have finally pulled the trigger & ordered a 930. Despite all the short comings as reported I still went for it. As I don't see any real flagship Window phones coming anytime soon & I have not much choice. Mclaren has been cancelled according to reliable sources & MS wants to concentrate on lower end phones & use cheap low spec Window phones to replace the Asha, S40 & X series. Upgraded version of 1520, the forthcoming 1525 might coming soon but is still a 6" phablet so that is out for me. I had a 630 for about 3 weeks & a low spec phone is a low spec phone. Period. Battery life not exactly outstanding, camera so so & the screen display is not up to mark. I did not have much high hopes anyway as I knew what I was getting. Had a 1520 end of last year & the only gripe I had was portability. It was way too big for me as a daily use. Still keeping my 1020 as this could very well be the last Nokia brand phone with 41mp cam. I shall share with you guys my experience once I have my 930 running & see if I have the same problems you guys are experiencing. By the way talking about heating problem. I have a Xperia Z2 as well & it heats up too. Cheers mate!

So I am contemplating getting a 930. I can get it really cheap as a contract upgrade.

So I have considered this as my 1020 is very slow. Does the 930 work as a reliable 1020 replacement? I wouldn't get a larger phone as I feel the 1020 is as large as I am comfortable with.
Otherwise I could get an iphone or something and sell it on ebay for the cash and keep the 1020.

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
If you were to ask me which phone I would choose between the 1020 & 930. I would go for the 1020. After having used the 930 & I still have my 1020. The 1020 is not all that slow & battery life is no worse than the 930 despite having a 40% smaller capacity. 930 does get hot but not to the extend of unbearable. The 930 has better screen clarity because of higher ppi. Tell you what if you can bear with the weight of the 1520 & that would be the phone to get. I have used it before but I just couldn't bear with the weight. As someone has rightly pointed in one the topics about the size under 1520 section: Is the weight. Is not so much of the size as is quite a slim phone. The 8.1 in my opinion the best feature is the word-flow keyboard. It is far better than any Android keyboard including 3rd party's keyboards. Cheers mate!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers