My 930 due in later today

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Well I have finally pulled the trigger & ordered a 930. Despite all the short comings as reported I still went for it. As I don't see any real flagship Window phones coming anytime soon & I have not much choice. Mclaren has been cancelled according to reliable sources & MS wants to concentrate on lower end phones & use cheap low spec Window phones to replace the Asha, S40 & X series. Upgraded version of 1520, the forthcoming 1525 might coming soon but is still a 6" phablet so that is out for me. I had a 630 for about 3 weeks & a low spec phone is a low spec phone. Period. Battery life not exactly outstanding, camera so so & the screen display is not up to mark. I did not have much high hopes anyway as I knew what I was getting. Had a 1520 end of last year & the only gripe I had was portability. It was way too big for me as a daily use. Still keeping my 1020 as this could very well be the last Nokia brand phone with 41mp cam. I shall share with you guys my experience once I have my 930 running & see if I have the same problems you guys are experiencing. By the way talking about heating problem. I have a Xperia Z2 as well & it heats up too. Cheers mate!

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Funny enuf only some users are experiencing heating problem, purple tint colour display & poor batt life. Apparently as for purple tint display problem. Microsoft Care has issued an official quick fix for it. Go to: Setting - click on display - adjust colour profile by moving the tint to the Green. This will get rid of the purple tint & bring back the Black grey colour. Hope this helps. Cheers mate!

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I ordered one last night too, in green. Will probably be wednesday before it's here though. Was hoping to get it tuesday, but they didnt get around to shipping it today :( Damn summer sales :D

It's likely gonna be one of the last or the last Nokia branded phones that are designed in my home town, so getting the 930 is quite important to me :D

Dennis LOH

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I have ordered mine in Black as it looks more biz like & I always like a Black phone. Is just me I guess. I have also got the Nokia CP-637 case. It looks good to me & matches a Black phone. Haha case came in before the phone as I ordered from different source.

dengwinters

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Funny enuf only some users are experiencing heating problem, purple tint colour display & poor batt life. Apparently as for purple tint display problem. Microsoft Care has issued an official quick fix for it. Go to: Setting - click on display - adjust colour profile by moving the tint to the Green. This will get rid of the purple tint & bring back the Black grey colour. Hope this helps. Cheers mate!

Yes, the purple tint is real and almost fixable (doesn't work for really low light levels).
Yes it heats.
And yes its battery could be better (larger capacity).

Still a terrific phone though :)

I have ordered mine in Black as it looks more biz like & I always like a Black phone. Is just me I guess. I have also got the Nokia CP-637 case. It looks good to me & matches a Black phone. Haha case came in before the phone as I ordered from different source.

I've got a white one (wanted to have silver frame) with black CP-637, looks great :)

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I have a green one coming tomorrow, I just hope all this talk about over heating etc doesn't effect my 930

I've tried like 4-5 different demo units and none of them got too hot for my taste. Obviously I'm sure it gets hot if I play a graphic intensive game (I never play games on a phone though) but that's totally understandable. But in any normal'ish scenario for me they got warm enough to be felt, but not hot, no different from my 920 really. Obviously though I'm sure they've picked units for demoing that arn't defected though :p

I've had really good luck with my last 2 phones, I'm hoping it to be a hat trick with 930 too :)

I had hard time deciding between black or green. I had the same problem with my 920. I wanted red, but ended up getting black cos I didnt like the glossy finish on the colored options. I figured now that I dont have to make compromises cos of different colors having different finishes, I'll get a colorful phone this time around :D I'm sure I'll miss having a cool subtle black phone at some point, but I'm sure I'll like having some color in my life too :D

I think the phone is too pretty to be hidden in a case, but I never uses cases myself cos I always buy phones that I like aesthetically. I understand others using cases though, I just can't justify it... at least not until I manage to break that brand new 500€ smartphone the first time :D

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I hope your right mate, I currently have an iPhone and fancy something different, I've always tried some other phone but end up back with my iPhone.

Had a 920 but the battery life was terrible. What with windows phone 8.1 I'm hoping this will be the one to tear me away from the iPhone. If not then it will be the iPhone 6 lol.

One thing is for sure though the green 930 is a dam good looking device

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
I've tried like 4-5 different demo units and none of them got too hot for my taste. Obviously I'm sure it gets hot if I play a graphic intensive game (I never play games on a phone though) but that's totally understandable. But in any normal'ish scenario for me they got warm enough to be felt, but not hot, no different from my 920 really. Obviously though I'm sure they've picked units for demoing that arn't defected though :p

I've had really good luck with my last 2 phones, I'm hoping it to be a hat trick with 930 too :)

I had hard time deciding between black or green. I had the same problem with my 920. I wanted red, but ended up getting black cos I didnt like the glossy finish on the colored options. I figured now that I dont have to make compromises cos of different colors having different finishes, I'll get a colorful phone this time around :D I'm sure I'll miss having a cool subtle black phone at some point, but I'm sure I'll like having some color in my life too :D

I think the phone is too pretty to be hidden in a case, but I never uses cases myself cos I always buy phones that I like aesthetically. I understand others using cases though, I just can't justify it... at least not until I manage to break that brand new 500? smartphone the first time :D

I do like the finish on these lumias, Matt is much better that the gloss. Black and white are boring colours to me and I couldn't have orange as it would clash with my work clothes hahahaha (work on the railway)

So green it was, the green looks great against the silver band around the edge

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
It's on it's way!!!

ehe6enyg.jpg

chattoe

Mar 25, 2013
Visit site
Finally, it's been delivered after a few days! Problem is I'm at work and going to the gym after work so won't get to play around with it until this evening :(

Harneet Singh4

Apr 20, 2014
Visit site
Finally, it's been delivered after a few days! Problem is I'm at work and going to the gym after work so won't get to play around with it until this evening :(

Many congratulations!! :) Atleast you got it. We here in INDIA don't even knw when it is going to be released..

Posted via the WPC App for Android!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerupgo