Cannot sync sent mail

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
I have synced my email in yahoo , gmail etc using inbuilt app on lumia 930.However, the sent email has not been synced.
When I try to sync, it says no email.
However all email in inbox is synced.
I note thoug that outlook has synced the sent mail!

Please help.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
I have a second email account that I had never added to my phone... I added it to test this for you.

In your sync settings for each email address, you can specify how many days worth of inbound mail should be downloaded and saved to your phone. The retention (3, 7 days, month, anytime) setting will determine how much mail is stored in your inbox. Mail stored in folders is not automatically synced, although you can tell it to do so when you view the contents of the folder.

Sent items seem to be the exception ... sent items are retained for the same time as the inbox (3, 7, etc.), but will not retrieve/sync email that was sent prior to the account setup on the phone. I set up the 2nd account with, call me crazy, anytime as the sync setting. I now have hundreds of messages in that inbox on my phone. Subfolders are there, but empty except for a command to sync this folder. I sent several messages from my 2nd account to the primary MS ID account and all the sent email was added to the sent folder, but no sent item history prior to setup.

I know this isn't what you want to hear. But given that I've had some email addresses for years and years, a sync anytime command would certainly crash my phone... so it seems they decided to protect users from their own potential brain farts.

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
Strangely the outlook account has sent email sored till june.. have no idea why..

I'm pretty good at deciphering, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... your outlook account has sent items going back to June? When did you get the phone? And did you use the outlook account as the primary MS ID for setting it up?

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
Bought the phone last week.
yes used outlook as primary MS ID

Any idea on how to get older sent items?
I'm pretty good at deciphering, but I'm not sure I understand what you're saying... your outlook account has sent items going back to June? When did you get the phone? And did you use the outlook account as the primary MS ID for setting it up?

Nerdy Woman

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
yes, outlook has email in send item going upto june..nothing after that

Reading through Microsoft Community forums, the suggested remedy is to go to email sync settings and changing the retention to any time. If you already have it set at that, change to shorter duration, reboot, and then change to any time again.

I don't know if that will work. None of the posts addressed sent items specifically.

kelumnk

May 11, 2014
Visit site
thanks
Reading through Microsoft Community forums, the suggested remedy is to go to email sync settings and changing the retention to any time. If you already have it set at that, change to shorter duration, reboot, and then change to any time again.

I don't know if that will work. None of the posts addressed sent items specifically.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro