11-30-2014 04:56 PM
53 123
tools
    I thought LTE would work on the 1520.3 or the 930 on att or T-Mobile?
    ​Yes on 1520.3, no on 930
    10-03-2014 10:12 AM
    I am in the middle of an upgrade decision process at the moment as well. I'm currently on a L820 on AT&T. The 930 looks exactly like what I want EXCEPT for:
    1) Ive read about overheating issues. Have they been resolved?
    2) To get a 930 it seems I have to buy it from one of the importer type retailers, which all seem to come with *no* warranty (see #1, above :-))
    3) LTE doesnt/wont work in the US - I dont think a huge deal for me, but...

I've also looked at the 1520 (I really want "Hey Cortana" coming in Denim), but 6" is just way too big to hold up to my ear IMO.

Thoughts?
    10-03-2014 10:26 AM
    I am in the middle of an upgrade decision process at the moment as well. I'm currently on a L820 on AT&T. The 930 looks exactly like what I want EXCEPT for:
    2) To get a 930 it seems I have to buy it from one of the importer type retailers, which all seem to come with *no* warranty (see #1, above :-))

I've also looked at the 1520 (I really want "Hey Cortana" coming in Denim), but 6" is just way too big to hold up to my ear IMO.

Thoughts?
    Hey Cortana is also coming to the 930.

What I need to know is how we will update the 930 to Denim if we're on AT&T USA ... Surely it's the carriers that roll out updates, would they roll out updates for a phone that they don't even support technically?

I'm wondering if we'd be stuck with the OS that the 930 ships with.
    10-03-2014 11:54 AM
    It's based on where the device is from, not the carrier particularly.

:)
    Fred

Hey Cortana is also coming to the 930.

What I need to know is how we will update the 930 to Denim if we're on AT&T USA ... Surely it's the carriers that roll out updates, would they roll out updates for a phone that they don't even support technically?

I'm wondering if we'd be stuck with the OS that the 930 ships with.
    10-04-2014 02:42 PM
    Just wondering if internet sharing worked out of the box. I can't seem to get my 930 to work on AT&T.
    10-08-2014 04:07 PM
    Mine worked (internet sharing and MMS) just fine and I'm on AT&T

Fred

Just wondering if internet sharing worked out of the box. I can't seem to get my 930 to work on AT&T.
    10-08-2014 05:43 PM

>> No, I think it's due to how the 930 was designed. I recently purchased one that's update to date and it still gets hot. I called Nokia and they said that it's normal for phones to get warm but that if it gets too hot to let them know.

>> Hmm, I probably should have read that too before importing mine. I'm still going to call Microsoft to see if I can get one for my phone and if not through them then I plan on trying SquareTrade.

Thoughts?

>> I sold my 1520 because it was too big for me so if you think the 6" is a concern it probably will be. It's sort of like don't date someone expecting them to change because of you -- they are who they are. That said, the screen on the 6" is awesome and one thing I miss dearly.
    10-08-2014 06:51 PM
    It's been working pretty well for me besides the internet sharing. I'm a little disappointed with battery life but it's nothing awful or anything. My main issue is that WP and most of the apps are not fully optimized for 1080p. The only complaint I have about the 930 is that the buttons are flush with the body. Seems like Nokia's qc has been poor of late because I had a 1520 with issues as well.
    10-08-2014 09:33 PM
    I just got gifted a new Nokia 930 for AT&T network (I live in Seattle).

Swapped my SIM card from my 1520 to the 930 with no issues. Also recovered a backup from my 1520 > 930 without issues.

Performance is great - haven't tried videos or games yet however.

Phone gets unusually warm. Wife used it for a bit and even commented about how warm the phone was after a few mins of use (just surfing!). I fear how warm/hot it will get while playing games!

Love the physical buttons - they are not flush with the side of the phone (which I like) which allows you to easily find the buttons when not looking. The 1520 had flush buttons which I always had trouble finding when not looking.

I have 2 wireless charging docks from my time with the 920 - glad I can use them again since the 1520 was incompatible.

Speaker on the 930 sounds REALLY good. Not tinny and had some nice low-end.

Running on AT&T identified as "H+".

Was looking for Glance mode and read on here that it didn't have it. I miss this feature :(
    11-11-2014 12:07 PM
    Hi guys! I'm from China and I think I might know something useful for you. The Chinese version of Lumia 930 does NOT support LTE. But it has the same hardware as that of the Hong Kong version. In China, we flash it with the ROM for HK version, then it will support LTE(I'm on China Unicom network). Anyone tried the ROM of 929's or other versions that support the same(or included) LTE bands with your carrier. Hope that's helpful:)
    encorelui2 likes this.
    11-12-2014 10:46 AM
    I have been using the 930 with Tmobile for about a month now and I cant think of any network performance issues. A few general software problems (web browser (IE is bs), and music player)
    Last edited by encorelui2; 11-13-2014 at 08:58 PM.
    11-13-2014 07:25 PM
    Everything works fine for me - I've used a 1520.3 and the 930 -- I've got wifi everywhere so LTE isn't a huge loss. I also swap back and forth between an iPhone 6+ and the 930 now. The only downside is with ATT's stupid plan setup I cant tether on on both devices easily. If your plan is set up as an iphone plan tethering will only work from the iphone or if you set it up as a generic plan tethering will work on the 930 without problem. For those of you not getting tethering to work and you've previously used an iphone - log into the ATT website and check your data plan. If it says iphone next to the data plan tethering wont work until you switch it.
    11-14-2014 05:31 AM
    Just got my 930 today from a dealer in Amazon. Using on T-Mobile USA. Loving it so far. No overheating issues. Not LTE but between H and the processors&RAM, everything seems very zippy to me. Hard to tell any difference.
    11-15-2014 08:12 PM
    Bought the 930 because the USB port in my 1020 went bad and I didn't want to spend hours uploading raw pics.
    11-15-2014 08:13 PM
    Thank you everyone for your feedback! I am a long time 920 user who is fed up on not being able to upgrade. I'm not interested in the "sidegrade" to the 830 so it is nice to know that the 930 works well on ATT (minus LTE).

Just one other question:

Should I buy through Amazon, Ebay, or Expansys. Having to carrier warranty supports scares me when I'm about to drop $500 on a phone.
    11-16-2014 11:30 AM
    I am torn between getting the 1320.3 and the 930.
    11-17-2014 10:55 PM
    Just one other question:

Should I buy through Amazon, Ebay, or Expansys. Having to carrier warranty supports scares me when I'm about to drop $500 on a phone.
    I would say Amazon and look for FGS Traders. I ordered an Orange from them then weird stuff was happening with the confirmations and tracking. When I complained, a manager of theirs, Tom, found out that they screwed up - they ran out of Orange same time I ordered it.
    Long and the short was they offered me full immediate refund or overnight delivery of any other color. I chose Green - didn't know if I'd care for it, but I LOVE it - photos can't do justice to this color what it looks like in real life. So Tom not only sent it, but paid for Saturday AM FedEx to my house! Phone arrived in perfect condition.
    You probably won't have any problem, but if you do, I can vouch that this seller won't leave you out in the cold like others would! They took really good personal care of me. Hope that helps.
    11-18-2014 09:35 PM
    This may not be too helpful because I am from Calgary Alberta Canada. The Lumia 930 did not come here, but the 830 did. LTE on the carrier I use (Rogers) uses the 700 and 2600 Mhz bands, the 930 only supports the 2600 Mhz band. I also see 4G on my phone (HK variant), never LTE. It flips between 4G, H+ and 3G quite often. The best I ever achieved was 45 mbps down/25 mbps down.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nok...ry-no-lte.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Mr. V
    11-19-2014 09:37 AM
    While an L930 purchased off Amazon or any retalier in the US won't be covered by Nokia USA, does the phone still have a warranty in the country of orignal purchase? For example, lets say the country of origin is Hong Kong and if I had an issue with the phone a few months down the road would they honor the warranty if I were to send it to them even though I am in the US....minus having to pay shipping to/from I suppose.
    11-20-2014 06:17 PM
    I am torn between getting the 1320.3 and the 930.
    May help..

Nokia Lumia 1320 vs. Nokia Lumia 930 - GSMArena.com
    11-21-2014 11:01 AM
    I found out that the iPhone has worldwide warranty coverage. I saw someone from India come in at the local mall Apple store and had a broken iPhone 6! He got it exchanged out; so I am pretty much impress. You cannot ask for any better customer service then that - in a foreign country - the U.S.A! LOL!
    11-21-2014 11:34 AM
    I found out that the iPhone has worldwide warranty coverage. I saw someone from India come in at the local mall Apple store and had a broken iPhone 6! He got it exchanged out; so I am pretty much impress. You cannot ask for any better customer service then that - in a foreign country - the U.S.A! LOL!
    Yeah, and you know what? If you have an iPhone you will get lots of use out of that coverage! I've owned nothing but Nokia phones for the last 4 years and have no idea what their warranty covers - because I've never had to use it.
    11-25-2014 05:51 PM
    I think people should buy Icon instead of 930 considering 930's LTE bands support.
    11-30-2014 04:27 AM
    I think people should buy Icon instead of 930 considering 930's LTE bands support.
    Icon lack of cyan firmware and windows phone 8.1. There is no telling when will icon get it.

Maybe when all Lumia devices already run Windows 10 haha
    11-30-2014 05:20 AM
    Also, if the Icon is like all other Verizon phones that I've tried, you will not get internet sharing and MMS working on any other network, even though the GSM is unlocked.

Fred
    11-30-2014 12:01 PM
53 123