Any 930 users in the U.S.?

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
Just one other question:

Should I buy through Amazon, Ebay, or Expansys. Having to carrier warranty supports scares me when I'm about to drop $500 on a phone.

I would say Amazon and look for FGS Traders. I ordered an Orange from them then weird stuff was happening with the confirmations and tracking. When I complained, a manager of theirs, Tom, found out that they screwed up - they ran out of Orange same time I ordered it.
Long and the short was they offered me full immediate refund or overnight delivery of any other color. I chose Green - didn't know if I'd care for it, but I LOVE it - photos can't do justice to this color what it looks like in real life. So Tom not only sent it, but paid for Saturday AM FedEx to my house! Phone arrived in perfect condition.
You probably won't have any problem, but if you do, I can vouch that this seller won't leave you out in the cold like others would! They took really good personal care of me. Hope that helps.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
This may not be too helpful because I am from Calgary Alberta Canada. The Lumia 930 did not come here, but the 830 did. LTE on the carrier I use (Rogers) uses the 700 and 2600 Mhz bands, the 930 only supports the 2600 Mhz band. I also see 4G on my phone (HK variant), never LTE. It flips between 4G, H+ and 3G quite often. The best I ever achieved was 45 mbps down/25 mbps down.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/320684-nokia-lumia-930-calgary-no-lte.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Mr. V

Asleeper2

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
While an L930 purchased off Amazon or any retalier in the US won't be covered by Nokia USA, does the phone still have a warranty in the country of orignal purchase? For example, lets say the country of origin is Hong Kong and if I had an issue with the phone a few months down the road would they honor the warranty if I were to send it to them even though I am in the US....minus having to pay shipping to/from I suppose.

Harry Wild

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I found out that the iPhone has worldwide warranty coverage. I saw someone from India come in at the local mall Apple store and had a broken iPhone 6! He got it exchanged out; so I am pretty much impress. You cannot ask for any better customer service then that - in a foreign country - the U.S.A! LOL!

antiochian2010

May 11, 2013
Visit site
I found out that the iPhone has worldwide warranty coverage. I saw someone from India come in at the local mall Apple store and had a broken iPhone 6! He got it exchanged out; so I am pretty much impress. You cannot ask for any better customer service then that - in a foreign country - the U.S.A! LOL!

Yeah, and you know what? If you have an iPhone you will get lots of use out of that coverage! I've owned nothing but Nokia phones for the last 4 years and have no idea what their warranty covers - because I've never had to use it.

Fred Wilson2

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
Also, if the Icon is like all other Verizon phones that I've tried, you will not get internet sharing and MMS working on any other network, even though the GSM is unlocked.

Fred

Stuazt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
Icon lack of cyan firmware and windows phone 8.1. There is no telling when will icon get it.

Maybe when all Lumia devices already run Windows 10 haha
I heard a different story. http://www.ithome.com/html/windowsphone/114976.htm
Maybe you can't read Chinese but it says that 830, 930, 1520 and ICON will get Denim update earlier than others. I think you should keep calling Verizon if you didn't get Denim update at last. LOL:)

Stuazt

Aug 29, 2014
Visit site
This may not be too helpful because I am from Calgary Alberta Canada. The Lumia 930 did not come here, but the 830 did. LTE on the carrier I use (Rogers) uses the 700 and 2600 Mhz bands, the 930 only supports the 2600 Mhz band. I also see 4G on my phone (HK variant), never LTE. It flips between 4G, H+ and 3G quite often. The best I ever achieved was 45 mbps down/25 mbps down.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/nokia-lumia-930/320684-nokia-lumia-930-calgary-no-lte.html

Hope this helps a bit.

Mr. V

Unlike American carriers's 4G, if HK variant shows 4G, it means LTE. It's just different ways of showing LTE. In fact, if you install the app "Field Medic"(by Microsoft), you'll see the whole picture in the "Device Status". You can see how it works.

heickelrrx

May 12, 2014
Visit site
I heard a different story. http://www.ithome.com/html/windowsphone/114976.htm
Maybe you can't read Chinese but it says that 830, 930, 1520 and ICON will get Denim update earlier than others. I think you should keep calling Verizon if you didn't get Denim update at last. LOL:)

Actually the firmware update fo icon already here for cyan. The moment 930 preinstalled with cyan prove it. It just the Verizon that holding the update. 930 and ICON most likely have differences on the antenna only

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vascro