Skype & Viber - please help!!

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong?

When setting up both Skype & Viber I selected the options that I should receive push notifications, or to that effect; I thought that this would mean that both apps would, in effect, be running in the background all the time so that, even if they weren't open on my screen, anyone could call or message me and I would receive their call/message there and then. This is certainly how it works on my wife's Android phone.

But it's not happening. Am I doing something wrong or are these two apps just rubbish on Windows Phone cf Android & iOS?

Syed Rehman1

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
Works fine on my Lumia 620..
No prob like you mentioned..
Check whether it is enable to run in background in battery saver ( if you're on wp 8.1 ) or in settings application background task

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Works fine on my Lumia 620..
No prob like you mentioned..
Check whether it is enable to run in background in battery saver ( if you're on wp 8.1 ) or in settings application background task

You are a genius! Thanks! It took me a while to work out that I had to go to "usage" in the "battery saver" and then select the app in question (I have just graduated from WP7.8). All is now working.

Thanks again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon