Had 920 and loved it ? Don't wait for 935 or 1030, get 930 NOW!

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
If L930 had glance screen, it'd be an option for me. However, since it doesn't, I'll wait until it gets it, or wait for some other close enough device.

Really? While I do love glance since my N8/N9 days, double tap is really just as effective.

bh626

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
If L930 had glance screen, it'd be an option for me. However, since it doesn't, I'll wait until it gets it, or wait for some other close enough device.

You might be waiting a while for a 930 with glance since the screen tech apparently does not have memory and cannot support glance.

maverick786us

Sep 17, 2012
Visit site
I am so much used to double tap, that even when I use my iPad or use someone else smartphone I double tap it, and then realize, what device I am using :winktongue:

AJE1

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Am I doing something wrong? I turned on my 930, signed, where are all my app and email accounts from my 920? :D

You still have to sign in and set up your email accounts and I certainly had to reload all my apps - but was not charged for them as they were previously purchased.

alextrela

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
I'd rather wait for the next Pure MS flagship with WP9 on board and hope MS resolve the heat issue in the future model.
My first WP device 920 1.5 year ego had the heat issue and my second 930 I return it back and got refund because of the same issue.

Plus I want glance that 930 don't support at all.
Hope see alternative led notification if again not having glance and larger battery capacity.
2420 is very little since android flagship like G2 or Z2 have minimum 3000.

Kimberly Dougherty

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Glance is the ability to hover (no touch) on the device and see time and messages (which I love). Double tap is what wakes the phone up so you don't have to click a button. Does the 930 not support either of these options or just glance?

Kimberly Dougherty

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Another thing... Is anyone using the 930 in the US on ATT? I heard that the 930 doesn't support the GSM band that ATT uses for their 4G LTE. Which means you won't get the fastest data speeds. I would like confirmation on this.

alextrela

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Glance is the ability to hover (no touch) on the device and see time and messages (which I love). Double tap is what wakes the phone up so you don't have to click a button. Does the 930 not support either of these options or just glance?
Just glance not supported on 930.
Double tap working fine.

The second question I don't know because I'm living in Europe.

shreeshpsndey

May 28, 2014
Visit site
Why not wait for Lumia One, with flexible screen youm displays, and which has graphene battery as thin as sheet of paper, nokia was working on graphene and it can last for week, if MS can pull such phone, that would be ideally innovation in stagnant phone markets. There is no innovation now, next thing has to be more flexible, change to any size and graphene battery and charge the phone with solar energy.That would actually be the One from MS. Aaah these fantasies

Draganta

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Why not to wait for 935?
Because it will never exist. 925 came out as a new design (plastic + aluminium) which 930 already has too and therefore there is no point of making 935 just to have a slimmer version but with the same internals ( it was also slimmer because 925 didn't have wireless charging built-in and this time around it would be pointless to release the phone without it when Microsoft is pushing even more for this tech.) Also slimness made the phone less durable comparing to 920.!

That there will never be a 935 doesn't make any sense. Just because the 925 was a slimmer 920 doesn't mean the 935 will follow the same philosophy. That is a fallacy. Things from the past are in no way a guarantee for the future.

Why should I get the 930 anyway? I like Glance ALOT. It is very crucial for me, so the 930 is a bad choice. Some people are no sheep, they have their own opinions, needs and taste you know...

Thanks for your input, I appreciate it, but I will do with my 1320 until the 935 comes (with glance I hope!)

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Who knows. A 935 with an 801 SoC and Xenon flash? :D

I wouldn't rule out a 935 based on bezel shape though, like mentioned above.

Haiden Bailey1

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
How can you call it bulky. It is by far one of the slimmest phones on the market and is by far slimmer than any WP. You need to get a life. Stop moaning about battery life. They ain't gonna improve, it's technology's limit. The battery life of the nokia lumia 930 is above expectations and is good enough by far.

MigtheMan

May 29, 2014
Visit site
I got a 2nd hand 920 as a replacement phone because my iPhone 4s broke. I loved it. That is until I got a pebble and realized it couldnt work with WP8. So I used a Xiaomi 1s for 3 months. I got so annoyed but android that I jumped at the chance to get a 930 when my contract was up. Love the 930. Amazing pictures, fast processor (as long as the processor is faster than my 920, I'm happy.), screen looks amazing. Love this phone!

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Pretty much the same here. I had a Lumia 925, changed for Lumia 930 and it's another level. A lot faster, camera is like 5x better, screen is MUUCH better too.

I think it really worth the upgrade, 920/25 are great smartphones, but 930 is so much better...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss