Wireless charging

airslap

May 25, 2014
Visit site
Has anybody had any issues with wireless charging causing the top part on the back of the phone to creak when held? Was solid before but one night after wireless charging the back was very hot and the top would creak when pressed. This was using the wireless charging stand.

Last edited:

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
You're using the Nokia made charging stand right? I was going to buy one of the off brand ones cause it looked cool, but heard they have problems with getting hot.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
You're using the Nokia made charging stand right? I was going to buy one of the off brand ones cause it looked cool, but heard they have problems with getting hot.

I'm using two Nokia ones. (one from the ATT sale)
Ehh, just be careful, the generic chinese ones could have quality issues. (I find them to be hit and miss, the hits could be a terrific deal, but the misses...)
Choosing another like an LG or Google one should be just fine, but I'd be careful when picking up a generic one. If the risk of a dud, slightly greater potential of damage is well worth the discount? Sure. I wouldn't do it since those no names haven't treated me too well as of late, but hey, its ultimately up to you.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Them sounds like a stuck process that's making the phone work hard which causes heat and the charger kick into high mode (in qi there are various levels of charge rate that adapt by what the phone needs and communicates) the combination of these could cause it to heat up quite a bit. The creaking is odd though. If it had a bad battery it could be outgasing which causes the battery to swell with the heating up ot could push on the case. I would contact Nokia support.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs