Hi,

does anyone have a recommendation for a (semi-)professional "bike mount case" for the Lumia 930 / Icon?

For my iPhone 5 I had at last the M550 by ten-97 (wwwten-97com-), before I had the Biologic bike mount (Bike Mount Plus™ for iPhone 5/5s | BioLogic Bicycle Accessories and Bike Gear) - both I can absolutely recommend for bikers with an iPhone 5!

Here the must-have features:
    * touch-sensitive membrane with full access to touchscreen
    * water-proof
    * hard-shell case protects against scratches and knocks and shocks
    * access buttons (at least the power button)
    * sealed ports e.g. for charge cable
    * easy lock mounting

I already searched a lot through google and amazon, but only found some bag with soft-plastic membrane - not usable at all...
    looking forward to any feedback...

Cheers,
    Roland
    07-24-2014 06:52 AM
    I too started looking for something like this. This would be awesome to have, especially with how well the Icon/930 can record and it's 4 mics make this the perfect action cam. :D
    08-11-2014 08:29 AM
    I've also found this mount that is apparently specifically meant to be used with the Otterbox defender for Lumia Icon/930: Using Defender Case
    The first two are bike mounts.
    08-11-2014 03:09 PM
    And here is another (universal) option, also for use with Otterbox defender: "Velocity Clip", though this one can only hold your phone in landscape orientation it seems.

08-11-2014 03:32 PM
    I've also found this mount that is apparently specifically meant to be used with the Otterbox defender for Lumia Icon/930: Using Defender Case
    The first two are bike mounts.
    Yeah, I already discovered the Otterbox Defender for Lumia Icon, great case, but unfortunately not waterproof, which is a no-go for me...

Great to see that this thread comes to live... :-)
    08-12-2014 04:45 AM
    Apparently the mounts work with or without the case, so at a guess, could you change the case?

I found this link which might help you guys out. 8 Best Nokia Lumia Icon (and Lumia 930) Cases | Digital Trends

I will probably buy that slipgrip bike mount and give it a good test. I've just bought a really nice beginner's bike and want to go dirt jumping soon so this will be awesome. I'll upload my vids onto youtube. :D
    08-12-2014 05:51 AM
    I definitely need a waterproof case as I need a mount/case for mountain biking, often for multi-days tours.
    In Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Italy you never know how the weather will be the next couple of hours / days... ;-)

Currently I use a modified Wicked Chilli Rain Bike Mount for Samsung Galaxy S4... had to flex and cut some parts inside, but altogether it works as long as there isn't a special bike mount for the Lumia 930/Icon... :-)
    08-12-2014 06:12 AM