How do I remove the purple tint from the screen? I have read that you need to go into display settings and move the slider to green. However, I do not even have this option in my settings.
    07-24-2014 11:47 PM
    How do I remove the purple tint from the screen? I have read that you need to go into display settings and move the slider to green. However, I do not even have this option in my settings.
    Change color profile to advanced. Then an option is revealed to change the tint to Green.
    07-25-2014 12:04 AM
    Where do I do that? In display settings I don't have the option to go to advanced
    07-25-2014 02:02 AM
    Where do I do that? In display settings I don't have the option to go to advanced
    Settings > Display > Adjust colour profile. There is no advanced, just an Adjust button.
    07-25-2014 02:07 AM
    Weird.I don't have that. All I have is a picture on top and two sliders. One for colour temperature and one for colour saturation
    07-25-2014 02:25 AM
    Weird.I don't have that. All I have is a picture on top and two sliders. One for colour temperature and one for colour saturation
    Post a screenshot
    07-25-2014 03:50 AM
    No Tint?
    07-25-2014 03:51 AM
    You need to update your phone, there was a small update last week
    07-25-2014 04:10 AM
    The update was only for CV models, give it a try if you have an unlocked phone.
    07-25-2014 05:32 AM
    Holy moly!! From the Nokia support forum:
    Lumia 930, a few bugs/issues/defects - Nokia Support Discussions

I just want to let you all know this simple workaround for the purple tint issue on Lumia 930:

"We have been made aware of an issue where the displays on a limited number of Lumia 930 units are exhibiting purple discolourations. We are currently working on a software update that will deliver improvements.

In the meantime, affected customers can address the situation by performing the following steps:

Go to Settings > Brightness and set brightness setting to “Automatic” and “Medium”
    Find a dark area and turn the display off and then on by pressing the Power button twice
    Go to Settings > Display and then click on “Brightness Profile”
    Increase the brightness by moving the slider to the right, which will remove the purple tint from the grey bar on the bottom of the UI."

WORKS!!
    nicknack86 likes this.
    07-28-2014 05:50 AM
    It does indeed! Wonder what the impact on battery life will be by increasing the brightness?
    07-28-2014 07:32 AM
    It does indeed! Wonder what the impact on battery life will be by increasing the brightness?
    it does work, but battery life is down by about 40% for me here :-(
    07-29-2014 09:34 AM
    Well, I've moved the brightness slider a bit to the left and I still have no purple tint. Currently it's about halfway between the centre position (I assume default) and max.
    07-29-2014 12:41 PM
    Holy moly!! From the Nokia support forum:
    Lumia 930, a few bugs/issues/defects - Nokia Support Discussions

I just want to let you all know this simple workaround for the purple tint issue on Lumia 930:

"We have been made aware of an issue where the displays on a limited number of Lumia 930 units are exhibiting purple discolourations. We are currently working on a software update that will deliver improvements.

In the meantime, affected customers can address the situation by performing the following steps:

Go to Settings > Brightness and set brightness setting to “Automatic” and “Medium”
    Find a dark area and turn the display off and then on by pressing the Power button twice
    Go to Settings > Display and then click on “Brightness Profile”
    Increase the brightness by moving the slider to the right, which will remove the purple tint from the grey bar on the bottom of the UI."

WORKS!!
    Thanks SO much!!
    07-30-2014 08:26 AM
    Hello, please forgive me for bringing this thread back to life :), but the Tint option is only available for some Country Variants?

I have the Lumia 1020 (Australian) and Lumia (930) (GB) but not seeing the Tint slider.

Would definitely appreciate any help. Thanks a mil.
    08-23-2014 09:57 PM
    I just installed Preview for developers version 8.10.14157.200. It's hard to be sure but it seems something happended with this purple tint issue now. It didn't really bother me that much, but I can't see it anymore. I didn't change any settings. Anyone else experiencing this?
    08-24-2014 04:55 PM
    I removed the display app in settings by setting the date to year 2300 and my display is perfect
    08-24-2014 05:38 PM
    It's crazy people all have the purple tint issue in grey parts and black screens and my problem is only when I'm viewing a white screen. I have a purple tint that vanishes if I incline my phone slightly forward. I have tried the color profile slider to "green" and it didn't change anything and the purple tint is still apparent. I don't get it......
    08-24-2014 05:46 PM
    Just remove the display app till there's a fix like I have. The display is perfect now
    08-25-2014 02:50 PM
    I removed the display app in settings by setting the date to year 2300 and my display is perfect
    Are you sure that this doesn't affect the phones firmware/software for future updates?
    08-27-2014 12:38 PM
    I don't have purple tint problem but I just realized that on my screen I for that on the top is darker than the bottom part. Is this a software problem? Anyway to fix?
    08-27-2014 05:32 PM
    I think it's shameful of Microsoft/Nokia to do it like this. There is obviously a hardware manufacturing flaw in the screens, and i know my piece of amoled because i was a 4 year long samsung fanboy with over 6 phones with amoled panels in them, YES the 1st galaxy S1 and S2 suffered from the same problem, on grey backgrounds and whites the purple was noticable so called in for replacements. Samsung acknowledge this. So what does Microsoft/Nokia do they give us patches of software to fix a hardware problem, nice try MS/Nokia but by tweaking the color pallet on diffrent brightness setting gets you color profile screwed up.

Just when i finally jumped ship from android (note 3) on a beautiful lumia 930 i get support like this.
    Gonna send my 930 back this week for a replacement but i'm affraid im gonna get something similliar back or maybe even worse.
    08-29-2014 01:59 AM