Music apps only play 2 songs then stop...

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Modern Music? Is it a good player?

PS: I realized that both MixRadio and Xbox Music have this problem.
I'll try this moderm...

I just corrected the spelling. Modern Music is the app and yes I like it a lot. It has proper album artwork displayed on the live tile, hasn't given me a single odd behavior issue with its primary function: PLAYING MUSIC. It's a nice, simple, quick and easy to use app.

seldzar

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Strange. I've switched over and not had a single issue that I had with xbox Music. Have you rebooted the phone since installing the new music app?

Bucu z Kielc

Aug 26, 2014
Visit site
No, i didn't. I'll try to reboot and i'll give u a feedback.

Update: Unfortunately, the problem is still present. After reboot i launched the Modern Music - after 10-12 songs it stops play :/

Last edited:

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Nope. It's been over a month now. I've emailed the guys at WPC on the tips email twice and never heard back or seen anything in their news about this. :/ This is a much bigger deal that missing artwork.

The only workaround I have found is to have your phone plugged into a charger. If you aren't listening at home or in your car that is useless. Plus bad for your battery.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
I still have the problem too. Using Xbox music it is just like before. It stops playing unless it is charging. It's been like this for over 5 weeks now. I have hard reset and had the official 8.1 release, and both developer previews since. The problem has persisted through all. :/

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
and you both have updated to 8.1.1?
Because I happily sat there for 20+ songs. (not on charge or anything else like that.)

Yes. I am on 8.1.1 or whatever the latest update that came out the other day is. Once in awhile it will work. VERY seldom. It has stopped playing on me 4 times since the latest update. I tried a bunch of times to test it after seeing your post.

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Anyone have any luck with today's update? I am just downloading it.

Answered my own question. NO!
It did play for a couple hours both times. Maybe that was luck. But it still stopped working with the same symptoms. NOT FIXED.

Ridiculous. I tried the diagnostic app and it had an error twice. It lost all the info. Including what I wrote about the problem.

Last edited:

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Another update to the Music app and still not working for me. Songs stopped playing after 3 songs today. Isn't anyone else having this issue anymore?

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Mines been working perfectly since my post up there ^^^ a couple of weeks ago.
My music app version is: 2.6.322.0
OS Version: 8.10.14157.200
Firmware 02061.00066.14353.31003

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
My OS version is: 8.10.14176.243 (developer preview with new folders)

My Firmware: 02061.00074.14273.33019 (should be plain old Cyan. I have a 1520, does that change the number?)

Music app: 2.6.322.0 (same)

Racing Snake

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to suggest mate :(
It could well be the DP.... not entirely sure if you want to go to the lengths of 'standardising' your phone to see if that fixes it, then re-adding the DP to see if it stops again?

latempete

Jan 20, 2012
Visit site
Not sure what to suggest mate :(
It could well be the DP.... not entirely sure if you want to go to the lengths of 'standardising' your phone to see if that fixes it, then re-adding the DP to see if it stops again?

No. I'm not going that far. I might delete my music from my SD card and reload it to see if that helps. Then let all the Xbox music redownload too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb