Have you updated 930 to 8.1 update 1?

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
Have the update on my UK 930, seems great but has not helped with the heat in the lower right which still heats up way to much for light use.....

I'll give it a week or so and may have to return it to the Nokia centre to be looked at.

Other than that, I love the phone! Came from many iPhones and really enjoy using it.

Sent from my iPhone using WPCentral Forums

I thought my heat issue was limited to one day, however my 930 now heats up if I have any app open for more than 10 minutes.
I've even done a hard reset and currently have it booked in to go to my nearest Nokia Care Centre - Nokia UK have advised me to expect a replacement.

Does anyone know what's causing the issue?

anon(5725119)

Feb 23, 2013
Visit site
Okay I'm definitely noticing some significant start screen lag that wasn't there before but I really don't want to hard reset :/
Other people have experienced it too, but not on newer, higher spec devices

Roland Stoll

May 2, 2014
Visit site
I've updated yesterday, the update was easy and smooth, everything works, have no problems so far, but honestly not yet enough time for a deeper investigation...

I like the new folders, the better handling with messages... there are also some minor changes (e.g. some extra animations in the phone app)...

bedrock#WN

Jun 29, 2012
Visit site
I've updated. I'm in the UK and although not particularly interested in Cortana, really wanted quiet hours (which depends on/is part of Cortana). Everything appears to be fine so far.

Darren warddavies

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
I've updated. I'm in the UK and although not particularly interested in Cortana, really wanted quiet hours (which depends on/is part of Cortana). Everything appears to be fine so far.

is this like a 'do not disturb' setting?

Ive come from Apple and would like an option like this where from a set time email and other notifications are muted etc so they dont wake me up.

ianeb

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
There doesn't seem to be any official or definitive answer regarding the heat....

I've just switched my phone on and literally 3 minutes later the whole right side of the phone was really hot?!

Really annoying as I like the phone but this is ridiculous, may chuck it in my local repair centre

Last edited:

Willyman

Dec 11, 2012
Visit site
I found one bug. Cannot record video anymore in Nokia Camera app. It does work in Microsoft Camera app. Tried re-installing the app, but tht didn't solve the issue.

Pete The Penguin

Nov 1, 2013
Visit site
There doesn't seem to be any official or definitive answer regarding the heat....

I've just switched my phone on and literally 3 minutes later the whole right side of the phone was really hot?!

Really annoying as I like the phone but this is ridiculous, may chuck it in my local repair centre

My local Nokia Care center are saying the heat isn't an issue yet Nokia UK have said as it's intermittent, they'll exchange it.

Now I'm stuck between a rock and a hard place.

IEhrgeizI

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I had to click the camera button multiple times to get the video recording to work today. Never had that problem before. Not a big issue though.

shinygerbil

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I have a small issue since upgrading to 8.1 Update 1 - my touch buttons (Back, Start, Search) never, ever light up anymore. Not even in pitch darkness. It's pretty minor as I can still find them - but occasionally a little disorientating.

Has anyone else noticed this? It was definitely fine before the update.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I have a small issue since upgrading to 8.1 Update 1 - my touch buttons (Back, Start, Search) never, ever light up anymore. Not even in pitch darkness. It's pretty minor as I can still find them - but occasionally a little disorientating.

Has anyone else noticed this? It was definitely fine before the update.

Hahahahaha mine is EXACT OPPOSITE! I Want them unlit in pitch dark but they don't! They're full time on

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05