So a couple weeks back I ordered a DT-601 for my 930, when it arrived yesterday I was surprised they sent me the DC-50 instead (looks like a labelling error but hey, I ain't complaining)

But the question is since this is the only wireless charger I have, I'm wondering if there's any issue with leaving it plugged in and using it as my regular charging plate on a daily basis? I'm concerned about the battery in it, though I've read with battery tech these days it's ok to leave them plugged in. Just thought I double-check with the experts here.

Thanks.
    Last edited by skinnypig#WP; 08-08-2014 at 07:14 AM.
    08-07-2014 07:14 AM
    Anyone?
    08-09-2014 07:22 AM
    Was wondering the exact same thing. The only thing one might see as a problem is probably that is might not give as much charges when it serves both a phone as well as its own battery? I saw a video on youtube where a guy put it in his nokia 901? (don't remember) charger-stand and charged his phone on top of that, so it definitely works, but if it is recommended or not with the internal battery which might suffer i have no idea...

Have you tested it much? Is there much difference in charging-time when plugged in and when its not?
    08-09-2014 12:46 PM
    Nokia says it should be ok: Nokia Portable Wireless Charging Plate - Can I leave my DC-50 plugged in when its battery is full and I’m not charging anything with it? – Troubleshooting – Questions and Answers - Microsoft - USA

But I have a different quiestion, would it be possible to charge a lumia 520 with double micro usb cable? So that DC-50 would act as a normal powerbank too?
    10-04-2014 06:39 AM
    I have a Lumia 930 and before that a Lumia 820. I never tend to use the micros USB connector on them because I use wireless charging all the time. One of my wireless chargers is a DC-50 which stays plugged in all the time. I am sure over time it will start to loose some of its charging capability but I think that will be after quite some while (I'm hoping it will be 2 years or more).

On the 520 question, I have no idea whether it would work or not but thinking logically, if you can't charge any other device using the micro USB connector on the DC-50 them I am sure it will not work with the 520.

Regards

Infinidim
    Grodelj likes this.
    10-04-2014 06:49 AM
    So a couple weeks back I ordered a DT-601 for my 930, when it arrived yesterday I was surprised they sent me the DC-50 instead (looks like a labelling error but hey, I ain't complaining)

But the question is since this is the only wireless charger I have, I'm wondering if there's any issue with leaving it plugged in and using it as my regular charging plate on a daily basis? I'm concerned about the battery in it, though I've read with battery tech these days it's ok to leave them plugged in. Just thought I double-check with the experts here.

Thanks.
    Probably best to switch off when charged. In theory, it shouldn't charge when full but there's always a risk of fire with batteries.
    10-04-2014 08:49 AM
    I've been using mine as a regular (plugged in) wireless charger for a few months now with no issues. To be honest, when I first purchased the item, I envisioned getting 2-3 full phone charges out of a single charge. Obviously, you're lucky if it charges it half way once. So, I'm not concerned if it loses that ability, there just isn't any practical use for that anyway.
    10-04-2014 08:52 AM
    I've been using mine as a regular (plugged in) wireless charger for a few months now with no issues. To be honest, when I first purchased the item, I envisioned getting 2-3 full phone charges out of a single charge. Obviously, you're lucky if it charges it half way once. So, I'm not concerned if it loses that ability, there just isn't any practical use for that anyway.
    It's designed to "top off" rather than fully charge. I never let my 930 drop below 40%.
    10-04-2014 08:56 AM
    Yes I realize that ;-)

I'd rather they invest their time in making a two day battery than an $80 top off charger, but that's another discussion altogether.
    fbloise likes this.
    10-04-2014 09:54 AM
    Yes I realize that ;-)

I'd rather they invest their time in making a two day battery than an $80 top off charger, but that's another discussion altogether.
    I'd love a 2-day battery... Guess it's time to fire up my BlackBerry Bold 9700 ;)
    jmerrey likes this.
    10-04-2014 11:15 AM
    Problem with wireless charging is that it's so inefficient and produces a fair amount of heat.
    One thing that really can shorten the life span of lithium batteries is charging them when they are hot.

:)
    Fred
    10-04-2014 02:47 PM
    My 930's battery calibration is out of whack.
    Looks like I'll have to loop a video until it's empty and recalibrate :s
    10-06-2014 10:45 AM