Who is using the Nokia 930 on ATT in the US?

Kimberly Dougherty

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I want to know who is using the Nokia 930 in the US (preferably South FL) and how is it performing? I've read that the device doesn't support the band needed to get to ATT full LTE and I'm curious if anyone has had issues or seen serious decline in network performance. Thanks.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
You might want to check the 928 and 822 forums and see what people are saying about using VZW phones on ATT and the performance of LTE. Also I am presuming that you probably are aware of the MMS issues...

mickydale

Banned
Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
I have read somewhere in the forums about a few people using it on ATT without issues other than lack of LTE..... I guess 4G is as good as you can get so depends if that is a deal breaker for you personally....You cant use VZW phones on ATT so disregard that statement ...2 different technologies

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
I have read somewhere in the forums about a few people using it on ATT without issues other than lack of LTE..... I guess 4G is as good as you can get so depends if that is a deal breaker for you personally....You cant use VZW phones on ATT so disregard that statement ...2 different technologies
The icon is for Verizon. The 930 is the European variant with GSM frequencies so it will work on AT&T. Will have to look up the lte frequency for it though to make sure it matches.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
Wikipedia lists 700, 1900, and 1700 bands as used for lte in US by AT&T. The 930 only has the 1900 band, so in some areas it will work for lte but most probably wont. It has the other bands to work fine in sub-lte speeds for AT&T though.

JamesPTao

Sep 8, 2013
Visit site
So what was up with the explicit ms to my mail box? Then you block people from messaging you back? What are you like 12?

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

runamuck83

Oct 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a 930 that I have been using on AT&T. I have no trouble making/receiving calls, receiving or sending texts, or using MMS. That all works fine.

The trouble I do seem to encounter is on the data side. The data technically works, but it's spotty. Sometimes it is horrendously slow, and other times is perfectly fine. And this happens when I'm in the same location. I attribute it to the phone having trouble locking onto a signal correctly... but I could be wrong.

I notice it's constantly bouncing from H to H+. Not sure what that means or how to avoid it? I love the phone though and most times I'm on WiFi so I don't really notice the data issue...

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I have a 930 that I have been using on AT&T. I have no trouble making/receiving calls, receiving or sending texts, or using MMS. That all works fine.

The trouble I do seem to encounter is on the data side. The data technically works, but it's spotty. Sometimes it is horrendously slow, and other times is perfectly fine. And this happens when I'm in the same location. I attribute it to the phone having trouble locking onto a signal correctly... but I could be wrong.

I notice it's constantly bouncing from H to H+. Not sure what that means or how to avoid it? I love the phone though and most times I'm on WiFi so I don't really notice the data issue...

I know that some people had this issue with the international 1520. AT&T apparently doesn't automatically register the phone as a "smart phone" if it isn't a phone they support. Call them and let them know what your issue is and that you're positive the phone fully supports their H and H+ networks. Not sure if this will solve your problem but it's worth a try... they do some sort of change to how your sim card is registered on their network and with some 1520 owners that did the trick.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720