Lumia 930 owners how is battery life?

Nikito27

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello lumia 930 owners, i was really interested in buying this device, but i read that battery life isn't that good and would like to hear some of your opinions.
I know there are a lot of defective devices, but i'd like to know how long the 930 battery lasts on a normal one!
My usage: facebook, watsapp, stream music, a few messages, browser and little else.
Do you think it would last a whole day?
What were your experiences and how long does it last for you?
Thanks!

Sent from my C6603 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Hello lumia 930 owners, i was really interested in buying this device, but i read that battery life isn't that good and would like to hear some of your opinions.
I know there are a lot of defective devices, but i'd like to know how long the 930 battery lasts on a normal one!
My usage: facebook, watsapp, stream music, a few messages, browser and little else.
Do you think it would last a whole day?
What were your experiences and how long does it last for you?
Thanks!

Yup, I can say it would last a full day.

scottymc1972

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi mate I get up at 5am to go to work and get in about 8pm, I use the phone the same as I used my q10 and iphone 5 (email,FB,web,25/30 work calls a day) and still have 50% battery left when I get home which is the same as my previous phones , I'm very happy with the whole 930 experience,

nielsniels

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
Statistically seeing, there probably aren't that many defective devices; it's just that the people with defective devices are much more inclined to share their experience on the web as opposed to those who have no issues and are satisfied

Coreldan

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
Easily lasts me all day, usage varies but isn't necessarily that heavy by still alot/constant.

With your usage as you explained a full day should be no problem

kitkat2014

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
Tbh coming from the lg g2 I am quite disappointed with the battery life, I get up for work from 7 am and find it running out by 6pm with moderate to heavy use of a couple of hours of games, video watching, gps navigation, web browsing and whatsapp. My g2 would still be at 40-50%

Nowe

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
My battery used to drain dry in halv a day but then I reasiled to turn off the location services and turn them on only when I need them. Now my battery lasts easily a day.

Nikito27

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Wow guys, thanks for the answers! I wasn't expecting so many! :D i'll probably make the jump and get rid of my Z1c for the 930 :)
Usually with the Z1c i go to bed with 30-20% left.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
I've been real impressed with the battery life, but since I'm in the states I don't get LTE, just H+, not sure what affect that has.

igoramadas

Jul 31, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if I've got a defective phone but battery drains extremely quick from 100% to around 85%. Basically 30min of usage (emails and browsing using dark theme). Then it slows down a bit. Mine lasts just enough for the day, it's always below 5%, from 9AM till 1AM.

Sep 23, 2013
Visit site
It last a full day with battery save mode ON , while using navigation (here drive + ) it only lasts for 2 hours , but you always can extend that , low brightness , Bluetooth OFF , ets

dannejanne

Jan 27, 2012
Visit site
Tbh coming from the lg g2 I am quite disappointed with the battery life, I get up for work from 7 am and find it running out by 6pm with moderate to heavy use of a couple of hours of games, video watching, gps navigation, web browsing and whatsapp. My g2 would still be at 40-50%

I come from a HTC One M8 and I too am kind of dissapointed with the battery life. Though the M8 and G2 have about as good battery life you can get on a smartphone today (I've owned both and still have the M8). And the G2 has a 3000mAh battery and Lumia 930 has 2420mAh or something like that.

My M8 I usually charge every third day. That's a luxury that is hard to give up but at the same time I understand it's far from all phones that performs that well when it comes to battery life. You have to take the good with the bad that comes with it.

The kind of usage you list is also very very heavy usage that will suck most phones dry fast.

sutt359

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Mine is kinda odd. When i first got it, it would do the hot potato and battery life was shocking. Now ive installed update 1... Hard reset it came up with battery lasting 1 day 4hours. Now after a week or so it come down to about 10h that's with wifi/bt/nfc off and only a few apps set to run in background, whatsapp, Bing Weather, Skype, Facebook, Cortana.

kitkat2014

Aug 13, 2014
Visit site
I come from a HTC One M8 and I too am kind of dissapointed with the battery life. Though the M8 and G2 have about as good battery life you can get on a smartphone today (I've owned both and still have the M8). And the G2 has a 3000mAh battery and Lumia 930 has 2420mAh or something like that.

My M8 I usually charge every third day. That's a luxury that is hard to give up but at the same time I understand it's far from all phones that performs that well when it comes to battery life. You have to take the good with the bad that comes with it.

The kind of usage you list is also very very heavy usage that will suck most phones dry fast.

I guess I have been spoilt by the LGG2 in that it has shifted my expectations for what moderate to heavy use should constitute. After the G2 I would define heavy use as driving to work downloading torrents in the background on LTE while listening to tuneinradio and also using google navigation with screen on full brightness and bluetooth nfc etc turned on, followed by an hour or so of asphalt gaming or video watching during my lunch break, downloading torrents through wifi throughtout the day, then on my way home some more LTE torrenting and satnav use, with tunein radio in the background, everything on, everything syncing

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss