Lumia 930 owners how is battery life?

Stephen Lynam

Jun 12, 2014
Visit site
Mine lasts from 7 am till about 9pm with normal usage, ive noticed if u turn off location and double tap to wake it makes a difference and on the weekend if im not using it as much it can last 2 days....

GoNokindow

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Hmm. I do keep them on

not to mentioned you are using gps navigation. that tends to drain a lot of batteries. if i am using it and i see that a large portion of the journey are straight roads with minor turns, i would put the phone to sleep but have the navigations running in the background for the turn by turn voice prompts. the phone doesn't heat up and the battery usage is a lot less compared to simply having the display turned on for the entire journey. (plug it in too when u drive).

satycool

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I use for music on my 1hr commute, heavy web browsing throughout the day, plenty of phone fiddling around, may a bit of youtube and phone calls - so quiet heavy using! Honestly it gives 8-10hrs. Better then iPhone 5c, not as good but close to Xperia Z2, better then SG4.(I have access to a few phones thanks to family and my obsession with mobile technology)...1520 beats them all and equals Z2. But fir the average user its fine, and heavy user it good enough .

Last edited:

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Batt backup on my 930 is ok. Batt lasts for 15hrs with no problem.
What bothers me is overheating in low right corner (screen facing me) and that purple tint on grey areas.
I suggest you to hold for a while to see if that will be solved with future updates. Before 930 I had 925 and have to say that now I'm sorry that I didn't wait a bit more. Otherwise, phone is gorgeous (I have white one), screen is fantastic (beside above mentioned problem) and camera is ok. Not as good as before Cyan (problems with macro), but it gets job done.

ramyZgHR

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
I guess I have been spoilt by the LGG2 in that it has shifted my expectations for what moderate to heavy use should constitute. After the G2 I would define heavy use as driving to work downloading torrents in the background on LTE while listening to tuneinradio and also using google navigation with screen on full brightness and bluetooth nfc etc turned on, followed by an hour or so of asphalt gaming or video watching during my lunch break, downloading torrents through wifi throughtout the day, then on my way home some more LTE torrenting and satnav use, with tunein radio in the background, everything on, everything syncing

And in the same time wirelessly charging your Prius. 😁

Truman82

Feb 14, 2014
Visit site
You have it good nonetheless. Try 1020. Wake up at 7am, with medium use you run out of juice by 3pm. With heavy use you have battery life for two hours.

broughshane

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
Hi ! I say the 930 will cover your needs . I'm really a lite to medium user with my 930 running 3 emails every hour along with twitter (Tweetium) running with 9 other apps in the background, about 10 to 20 mins of calls and around 30 text messages, also the odd time fooling with Cortana and I left with 30% battery at the end of the day. Also I don't need to leave my phone on to charge over night either. First charge wireless it got a little hot, but nothing like my 925 now. Hope this helps..

zokstar

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I can get roughly 1.5-2days use. Not a very heavy user. I have 2 exchange accounts, outlook checking every hour and a handful of apps in background.

Music each morning and arvo to and from work along with nextgen

sup3r1or

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
This is my first WP device before I had HTC One. To be honest I love the device, but for me battery is very poor. I dont use GPS, listen to music a bit of youtube, check tiles like e-mail etc. I have to charge the phone again around 4pm. Was here looking for tips how to save battery life that doesn't include options like switching off all syncs, because thats what the phone is for.

pavvento

Jan 6, 2012
Visit site
This is my first WP device before I had HTC One. To be honest I love the device, but for me battery is very poor. I dont use GPS, listen to music a bit of youtube, check tiles like e-mail etc. I have to charge the phone again around 4pm. Was here looking for tips how to save battery life that doesn't include options like switching off all syncs, because thats what the phone is for.

If you haven't already, I'd recommend giving it a few days as it seems to improve. Also, some options which might be on that drain battery is the facebook option with text messages (not sure if this is in 8.1) or connecting to Xbox live.

Nikito27

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! So i got my 930 two days ago and today i decided to write down my battery consumption just in case someone in the future will look at this post.
It is the second day with my lumia and therefore it is the second time i fully charge it (battery should get a bit better with more charges).
During the entire day i was using the one-note app to take note of what i was doing and the left battery percentage.
So lets start...
9.30 AM: plugged phone out.
Wifi ON and GPS ON.
Took out to look at the time a few times.
From 10.30 to 11.10: Wifi OFF, looked at the time a few times and took two photos ( battery at 97%).
Music streaming with headphones till 11.50, posted a photo in FB, checked likes and comments on the photo 2-3 times and turned OFF the GPS (battery at 82%).
12.28 kept streaming music up to now, battery at 74% checked a FB comment once and answered.
13.47 stopped streming, used IE to look at train times and browsed WP Central to look at updates on purple tint issue, by the way i just realized screen flickers when on EDGE network (especially whites) browsed the internet to see if it happens to everyone and apparently it does! (used a lot of White screens to check the fault) battery at 57%.
14.56 used phone to browse the internet, answered 4-5 posts on wp Central , made 2 short calls, 4-5 sms. Battery down to 44%
(Network is really bad because i'm on the train and there are a lot of underground passages, so phone keeps jumping EDGE-HDSPA and it's a little hard to load internet pages.
15.30 turned off data connection 40% battery life
17.25 done nothing 35% (2.5% per hour with no data connection on)
19.15 sent two texts, checked time few times 32%
22.52 used phone to take some photos (around 10), checked time a few Times, played with settings for 10-15 minutes and battery is now to 21%
23.09 finished writing down notes on battery life and checked spelling mistakes (or at least tried ;) ), battery at 20%.
Plugged in!
Final thoughts:
I was happy about how the day went, i used the phone a lot during the train trip and realized that on a normal day i'll make it through the day with no problems at all :D
Problem is (sorry for OT) that the phone has a lot of other problems!!!
First of all the purple tint! I know Nokia is working on a solution, but it is still pretty anoying!
Second problem is the screen flickering! It's not a major problem as usually where i live there is HDSPA everywhere and always, but it is still a stupid fault on what should be a flagship!
Third problem is the funnyest: The rear speaker pops around 4 seconds after everytime it makes a sound or should. Like locking the screen or using the keyboard.
This happens also with vibrate on, even if no sound is made the speaker still pops as if it turned on and off even without making any sound.
Had same issue on my old 1520, therefore i immagine it is just bad phone quality by Nokia.

Nikito27

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys! So i got my 930 two days ago and today i decided to write down my battery consumption just in case someone in the future will look at this post.
It is the second day with my lumia and therefore it is the second time i fully charge it (battery should get a bit better with more charges).
During the entire day i was using the one-note app to take note of what i was doing and the left battery percentage.
So lets start...
9.30 AM: plugged phone out.
Wifi ON and GPS ON.
Took out to look at the time a few times.
From 10.30 to 11.10: Wifi OFF, looked at the time a few times and took two photos ( battery at 97%).
Music streaming with headphones till 11.50, posted a photo in FB, checked likes and comments on the photo 2-3 times and turned OFF the GPS (battery at 82%).
12.28 kept streaming music up to now, battery at 74% checked a FB comment once and answered.
13.47 stopped streming, used IE to look at train times and browsed WP Central to look at updates on purple tint issue, by the way i just realized screen flickers when on EDGE network (especially whites) browsed the internet to see if it happens to everyone and apparently it does! (used a lot of White screens to check the fault) battery at 57%.
14.56 used phone to browse the internet, answered 4-5 posts on wp Central , made 2 short calls, 4-5 sms. Battery down to 44%
(Network is really bad because i'm on the train and there are a lot of underground passages, so phone keeps jumping EDGE-HDSPA and it's a little hard to load internet pages.
15.30 turned off data connection 40% battery life
17.25 done nothing 35% (2.5% per hour with no data connection on)
19.15 sent two texts, checked time few times 32%
22.52 used phone to take some photos (around 10), checked time a few Times, played with settings for 10-15 minutes and battery is now to 21%
23.09 finished writing down notes on battery life and checked spelling mistakes (or at least tried ;) ), battery at 20%.
Plugged in!
Final thoughts:
I was happy about how the day went, i used the phone a lot during the train trip and realized that on a normal day i'll make it through the day with no problems at all :D
Problem is (sorry for OT) that the phone has a lot of other problems!!!
First of all the purple tint! I know Nokia is working on a solution, but it is still pretty anoying!
Second problem is the screen flickering! It's not a major problem as usually where i live there is HDSPA everywhere and always, but it is still a stupid fault on what should be a flagship!
Third problem is the funnyest: The rear speaker pops around 4 seconds after everytime it makes a sound or should. Like locking the screen or using the keyboard.
This happens also with vibrate on, even if no sound is made the speaker still pops as if it turned on and off even without making any sound.
Had same issue on my old 1520, therefore i immagine it is just bad phone quality by Nokia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tallgeeselll05