Lumia 930 owners how is battery life?

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
Battery life is okay, on a par with the 1020 it replaced and leagues ahead of my work iPhone 5S. Considering the 930's far superior screen to both of these I'm pretty chuffed.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
I think the last update improved battery life, which was always very good for me. I have 80% now (9am to 13:25am). I've been played for at least 20 minutes, browsing for 30 minutes, cloud music for 40 minutes, a lot of twitter and whatsapp. LTE and WiFi ON all the time.

Very good performance! Seems even better now. But could be placebo, only one day after update.

phonohead

Jul 25, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 and I've been comparing it to my 930, in terms of battery life. Now, I've installed the exact same apps, I use the exact same theme/colours/lockscreen/settings, same apps are disabled/enabled for background activity and the phones have been fully charged. The 925 outshines the 930, by at least 5 hours - and this is with glance and double-tap-to-awake activated. Both phones had WIFI and Bluetooth on during this "test".

Rod Hull

Sep 22, 2012
Visit site
I have a Lumia 925 and I've been comparing it to my 930, in terms of battery life. Now, I've installed the exact same apps, I use the exact same theme/colours/lockscreen/settings, same apps are disabled/enabled for background activity and the phones have been fully charged. The 925 outshines the 930, by at least 5 hours - and this is with glance and double-tap-to-awake activated. Both phones had WIFI and Bluetooth on during this "test".

Even though the 930 has an extra 400 mAh battery capacity, its more powerful and larger screen and processor are both major draws on said power source. Perhaps not by as much as five hours though, and doesn't fit in with my experience coming from a 1020 which has similar innards to the 925.

Helder Costa1

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
i had de 925 now got 930. i do the exact same things for about the same time. not a heavy user. and for me the 930 is better than 925, with the 925 i took it off the plug at about 10,30 am and at 1,00 am i used to have a bit more than 50%, with this baby at the same time i got more than 70%. the thing is that the 930 is much better on standby. but if you are a heavy user you should get the 1520... i'm very happy with my 930. go for it

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
i had de 925 now got 930. i do the exact same things for about the same time. not a heavy user. and for me the 930 is better than 925, with the 925 i took it off the plug at about 10,30 am and at 1,00 am i used to have a bit more than 50%, with this baby at the same time i got more than 70%. the thing is that the 930 is much better on standby. but if you are a heavy user you should get the 1520... i'm very happy with my 930. go for it

Same here, 930 is really good at stand by. 925 was at least 30% worst in battery life, but still good IMHO..

faxao

Sep 22, 2014
Visit site
Coming from a previous iPhone 5 experience I must say I am positively impressed by my first week of 930 usage. I usually leave the phone on charge overnight (airplane mode) and take it off around 7am. Typical use 10-20 calls per day, e-mail traffic from 2 main accounts (1 exchange, 1 gmail), few pics here and there and (not heavy) FB+Twitter checking, some explorer browsing. No games whatsoever, no gps navigator/maps.

The battery level is usually around 30-40% by 8pm (ready for a wireless or wired top-up at home). Not a super champion of battery longevity but still a pretty decent performer, especially if compared to the iPhone 5. I am definitely a satisfied user, looking forward to the improvements that should come with the future firmware/software updates.

galbenush

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
I like the stand by time, but hate the on screen time. I am not a power user and one charge will get me thru 1 day and a half usually, using H+ and wi-fi always on.

However it's much better than my former Lumia 820.

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Expect a day or two depending on what your doing on your phone... Here's my top 7 battery results
5f82fa2b93249d1734aecbd51a5cd635.png

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Best let you now of my usage as well. I have 3 email accounts, use viber and messenger alot and constantly flicking through fb, wpc (taptalk) and browsing the internet I also watch a few YouTube videos through metrotube and tv series and movies through plex

AluminiumRims

Dec 6, 2014
Visit site
Despite what many say I get very good standby on my 930. My device can do one week easily without any charging.

When it comes to battery drain when using it, then it starts to suck more battery of course. I have set my display brightness to high so it consumes more. I could imagine that I could use the device for 4 - 5 hours non-stop until I run out of juice.

All in all, battery life is acceptable I think.

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
I find that the battery lasts about 18hours with moderate use:

> 2 email accounts syncing every 15 mins,
> whatsapp couple of hours a day
> brightness set to medium
> WiFi about 5 hours
> frequent browse on Facebook and people hub
> a few short calls and texts.

Battery could be better find myself with about 10% before I get to bed

Iina the Magnet

Aug 21, 2014
Visit site
My battery life has gotten better since I got denim. Now I make it through the day with battery to spare, as often before I had to plug it in few hours before going to bed.

I'd say my usage is pretty heavy, because I browse the web a lot. IE isn't very kind to the battery, but other apps, even Netflix are good to use for hours.

Last edited:

dnbrealm

Oct 5, 2014
Visit site
Anyone on Denim still notice an heat issues when using the phone? L930 on Cyan used to get hot fairly quickly even with browsing use...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiannonbarion