Lumia 930 owners how is battery life?

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
Anyone on Denim still notice an heat issues when using the phone? L930 on Cyan used to get hot fairly quickly even with browsing use...

I flashed my 930 to Denim a couple of days ago and the phone doesn't get hot at all when browsing the net or using apps. To be fair, I didn't have heat issues when i was on Cyan.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site

makov

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
is it possible to flash 059W0X5: RM-1045 VAR EURO 3V CV BLACK
im living in Pakistan and there is no update for Lumia 930 neither its in Microsoft website
my cellfone product code is 059W1L3: RM-1045 VAR IMEA 3M CV BLACK
so is it possible to flash and have denim?

BlackSheriff84

May 24, 2013
Visit site

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has been bad since day one. Soo much so that I've sent it off to Microsoft. Firstly the phone can go from 100% to 99% in about 2-10mins on standby. When being used the phone can loose battery quite rapidly, about 1% every 3mins or so. Even with everything not running in the background its the same. I've also tested with no sim and with the exact same backup as my 1020. Did i mention that with use the phone can get so hot that without the case it's unholdable. Hopefully MS replace it next week. Otherwise the phone is perfect.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has been bad since day one. Soo much so that I've sent it off to Microsoft. Firstly the phone can go from 100% to 99% in about 2-10mins on standby. When being used the phone can loose battery quite rapidly, about 1% every 3mins or so. Even with everything not running in the background its the same. I've also tested with no sim and with the exact same backup as my 1020. Did i mention that with use the phone can get so hot that without the case it's unholdable. Hopefully MS replace it next week. Otherwise the phone is perfect.

Check to see if one of your email accounts is not stuck on a syncing loophole as this can cause major battery drain.

courtneyg2013

Jun 10, 2013
Visit site
Check to see if one of your email accounts is not stuck on a syncing loophole as this can cause major battery drain.

Definitely know it's the not the email account as I've tested the phone from stock without and email account and it's still the same. Anyway. Just got an email earlier from MS saying that the handset has been fixed and it's on it's way back to me so I'll see how I get on.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I flashed my 930 to the Danish ROM in order to get Denim on December 27. It's been 11 days today since I flashed my phone and I have had enough time to fully test battery life under Denim.

When I was on Cyan I used to place my phone on my wireless charger each night around midnight with 30-40% battery left. I decided I would not charge my phone every evening and that I should try to see how long I can make my battery last without changing my smartphone usage habits.

During all this time I used my phone the same way i did under Cyan (4G, Wifi, Location services permanently on, Brightness set to Low, 1 Gmail account set to sync every 30 minutes, Whatssapp, Viber, Facebook, Facebook Messenger, Tweetium, WP Central, Health and Fitness, Accuweather running in the background). I made 1-2 hours of calls per charge,occasional texting, checking Facebook and Tweetium on an hourly basis, checking my email and short intervals of Internet browsing. I did also game a little but for periods of time shorter than 30 minutes (Hill Climb Racing and Bejeweled Live+). During yesterday's charge I also connected my 930 via Bluetooth to my car's hands-free system for about 1 hour.

Here is what I found out:

- battery life is NOTICEABLY improved. I get an average of 24 hours of battery life. My longest battery life was 36 hours and I still had around 20% left when I placed the phone on my wireless charger. They seem to have done some serious tweaking to stand-by battery usage. During the night my battery drains 1% per hour or less.

- During gaming or browsing the phone runs cooler to the touch. It NEVER got hot or unbearably warm.

- I did experience battery drain a couple of days ago but It was quickly fixed as soon as I found out that my Gmail account was caught in a sync loophole. My advice would be to ALWAYS set your email account to check every 30 min or 1 hour instead of the default setting.

I can finally say I am truly happy with my battery life which seems to have doubled with Denim. I hope you guys get the same battery life once you receive Denim.

Attached is a screenshot with my battery usage

wp_ss_20150107_0002.jpg

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I mean that something is wrong with my battery. Every time when I charge battery 🔋 I put my 930 to airplane mode. When battery is fully charged I switch off my 930. In the morning when I wake up I switch on my 930 and battery shows 94%. Tried with soft reset but it didn't helped.

Suedezu

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I mean that something is wrong with my battery. Every time when I charge battery �� I put my 930 to airplane mode. When battery is fully charged I switch off my 930. In the morning when I wake up I switch on my 930 and battery shows 94%. Tried with soft reset but it didn't helped.

Based on my experience I would recommend flashing the DK ROM by following this tutorial to the letter. It could help you with your battery issues.

Just make sure your understand the risks and read the guide thoroughly before proceeding.

arkhale

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site
Based on my experience I would recommend flashing the DK ROM by following this tutorial to the letter. It could help you with your battery issues.

Just make sure your understand the risks and read the guide thoroughly before proceeding.

May I know the product code for this DK Denim/Cyan ROM? I might try it. If you can provide one for the black 930 I'd appreciate it. Thank you. 😊

Ssrki

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Yes before 930 I had l920 from Denmark, everything was going good with battery. L930 is HU country variant. I'll think about flashing with DK rom. Maybe I'll wait Denim to see what will happen. Now I'm on 8.1 pfd.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786