Hello everybody,

Is there a way to disable the camera button? I love the 930 but i constantly push the camerabutton by accident.

With regards,

Erik
    08-22-2014 10:23 AM
    Hi there,

This camera button(or 'key' as they call it) annoyed the *** off me too. Keys and phone in pocket resulted in a very hot pocket because the camera had been launched when the car keys pressed against the camera button.

Easily rectified though:
    Settings - swipe right - photos + camera - uncheck 'press and hold camera button to wake up the phone' - make sure 'prevent accidental camera launch......' is checked while you're at it too.

Easy, no more hot pockets and a flat battery.
    How do you manage that?

But more seriously, you can check the box in the settings enabling the check to see if the proximity sensor is obstructed before opening the camera. It can stop a lot of accidental presses in your pocket.
    But otherwise, you cant turn it off during normal use, same with the search button.
    08-22-2014 10:40 AM
    Hi there,

This camera button(or 'key' as they call it) annoyed the *** off me too. Keys and phone in pocket resulted in a very hot pocket because the camera had been launched when the car keys pressed against the camera button.

Easily rectified though:
    Settings - swipe right - photos + camera - uncheck 'press and hold camera button to wake up the phone' - make sure 'prevent accidental camera launch......' is checked while you're at it too.

Easy, no more hot pockets and a flat battery.
    xandros9 and RumoredNow like this.
    06-10-2015 08:03 AM