1020 vs 930, What do u choose ?

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Anyone here who have both 1020 & 930 devices ? I going to buy one of those but I want to know about how camera handle situations ? I'm more into photography but thinking of great hardware of 930 I can't avoid 930. Any suggestions advices highly appreciated..

thanks

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

Anyone here who have both 1020 & 930 devices ? I going to buy one of those but I want to know about how camera handle situations ? I'm more into photography but thinking of great hardware of 930 I can't avoid 930. Any suggestions advices highly appreciated..

thanks

"I am more into photography" is enough to justify your need. 1020 it is. If S800 is something you want,then you should buy it but personally since owning a 1020, I don't want to lose this piece of awesome tech. The 930 is a great phone but then again,Bigger Sensor,Xenon flash,x6 lossless zoom,and the BIG OREO PIECE THAT PROVES ITS SOMETHING OUTTA THIS WORLD and the details and for some "GLANCE"....if you can live without these and want to tradeoff all this just for the quad core S800,then its the best choice.

vash9852

Aug 25, 2014
Visit site
The 930 is in fact a great machine, but my 1020 has proven time after time how much more adaptable it is, when it comes to photos I can take quick high resolution, edit improve and upload photos is easy and fast. The only down fall is, having a nice case is a must. If that little piece of lense gets damaged enough then you fancy camera phone becomes a normal Lumia device.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
Whats ur 1020 color ? Which color do u think great in 1020 ?

Your welcome and glad I could help. Well at first I got black but then there were two disadvantages of having that color,
1- for some odd reason white stain type starts to come on the black which is kinda visible and that doesn't get clean so beware of that.
2- then and now I have yellow which is the MOST SEXY COLOR FOR 1020 PERIOD! I mean when I had the black, my most thing I regret was the Oreo was hidden with the black color. I think you understand what I want to say. Either get white or Yellow.
But personally, YELLOW AND BLACK OREO IS BEAST AND NOTHING GETS CLOSE TO THAT COLOR COMBINATION!

sajith930

Jun 13, 2013
Visit site
Your welcome and glad I could help. Well at first I got black but then there were two disadvantages of having that color,
1- for some odd reason white stain type starts to come on the black which is kinda visible and that doesn't get clean so beware of that.
2- then and now I have yellow which is the MOST SEXY COLOR FOR 1020 PERIOD! I mean when I had the black, my most thing I regret was the Oreo was hidden with the black color. I think you understand what I want to say. Either get white or Yellow.
But personally, YELLOW AND BLACK OREO IS BEAST AND NOTHING GETS CLOSE TO THAT COLOR COMBINATION!

Thanks mate...most people says that yellow one is stand out....lets see..

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
930. Keep in mind your 1020 likely won't be upgradable to WP 9. Rumor has it only Lumia devices with a SD800 processor or newer will be upgraded.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
930. Keep in mind your 1020 likely won't be upgradable to WP 9. Rumor has it only Lumia devices with a SD800 processor or newer will be upgraded.

SD800 and newer is too extreme of a rumor. Phones with S4 may not be upgradable but I think phones with SD200/400/800 will be upgraded.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
then waiting for 1030 ?

If you can, then it probably is the best idea. It will not only have best camera but also great hardware and latest OS to support it.

But the problem is there is no concrete indication of 1030 or when or if it will come. Though 1020 is getting end-of-life status at the end of October so that might be an indication.
It all depends on how much of a photography enthusiast you are. If photography is all you want then either wait for 1030 or buy 1020. 1020's chances of upgraded OS are pretty slim though. For decent all-around photography and smartphone, 930 is a pretty decent choice.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site

Dude how can you say it wont be upgradable to Wp9? First of all, the 1020 was released in July 2013. So now its August 2014 meaning its 1 year and a month since its released date. Second Microsoft has promised each Wp8 has 36 months of support so there you go and finally Microsoft even stated that WP8 WILL BE UPGRADABLE BECAUSE THEY SHARE SAME NT KERNEL!
So please these rumors are fake as **** and stop spreading them.
And to original post, don't worry about support and these rumors. They are fake and go buy 1020. If you trust them then buy 930.

Rodrigo Mendes

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Where you get this information? Makes no sense at all. Old Snapdragons or new Snapdragons are capable to run WP8 kernel, witch is the same of WP9 will have.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
It might be true that 1020 may not see wp9, but only sd800 processors shall upgrade to wp9 is to much to digest. That mean no wp except 930 alive now shall are it. It's really ridiculous.

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Dude how can you say it wont be upgradable to Wp9? First of all, the 1020 was released in July 2013. So now its August 2014 meaning its 1 year and a month since its released date. Second Microsoft has promised each Wp8 has 36 months of support so there you go and finally Microsoft even stated that WP8 WILL BE UPGRADABLE BECAUSE THEY SHARE SAME NT KERNEL!
So please these rumors are fake as **** and stop spreading them.
And to original post, don't worry about support and these rumors. They are fake and go buy 1020. If you trust them then buy 930.

This doesn't mean anything... just remember WP7!!

WP7 support official ends on 09.09.2014... But now it passed quite sometime since the last update (7.8) was released... therefore it might be support for a long(er) time but this will not mean you will get an update...

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
This doesn't mean anything... just remember WP7!!

WP7 support official ends on 09.09.2014... But now it passed quite sometime since the last update (7.8) was released... therefore it might be support for a long(er) time but this will not mean you will get an update...

Oh really? Then tell me how many s800 phones are there??? 930/icon and 1520 only right? So only these phones will get the WP9 not my 1 year old 1020? Are you genius or what...also just so you might know,WP7 was not based on NT kernel wp8 is. So this is not happening again.
Use your brain little bro. They can't pull this Not Compatible Hardware Issue again

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12