1020 vs 930, What do u choose ?

Julian_C

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Oh really? Then tell me how many s800 phones are there??? 930/icon and 1520 only right? So only these phones will get the WP9 not my 1 year old 1020? Are you genius or what...also just so you might know,WP7 was not based on NT kernel wp8 is. So this is not happening again.
Use your brain little bro. They can't pull this Not Compatible Hardware Issue again

calm down "hyper"kid. I did not want to offend you, so please be polite!
I did not say anything against your 1020 (I have it too as a 2nd device). My message was the following (I am not reffering to any specific kernel or phone model):
The life cycle does not declare that you will get an update for sure. The proof: WP7 -> WP7 life cycle ends on 14/9/9 and the last update came out in march 2013! This means 1,5 before the end of live they stopped delivering updates for WP7 (even if they could have released 7.9, but they didn't)

the same thing COULD (maybe?) happen to the 1st generation of WP8 devices. This means they COULD say they aren't delivering anything anymore due to.. blabla... I hope this will not happen but: please don't refer to the life cycle in term of updates...

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
calm down "hyper"kid. I did not want to offend you, so please be polite!
I did not say anything against your 1020 (I have it too as a 2nd device). My message was the following (I am not reffering to any specific kernel or phone model):
The life cycle does not declare that you will get an update for sure. The proof: WP7 -> WP7 life cycle ends on 14/9/9 and the last update came out in march 2013! This means 1,5 before the end of live they stopped delivering updates for WP7 (even if they could have released 7.9, but they didn't)

the same thing COULD (maybe?) happen to the 1st generation of WP8 devices. This means they COULD say they aren't delivering anything anymore due to.. blabla... I hope this will not happen but: please don't refer to the life cycle in term of updates...

Well there is a reason why my name is Hyper. Haha joking bro.
Well first of all I am polite and not being rude. Second I know you didn't said about my 1020 too and finally the reason why I said to you because you said that only s800 phones will be upgraded to wp9 which is kinda idiotic. Lets be honest,how many s800 phones are there? Only 2! 930 and 1520 and if there only going to receive the update then what about the 520,525,620,720,820,920,925,928,1020 and 1320? These devices vs only 2? That's impossible and that's I am saying that we wont be left out. We will still be getting updates. I am correcting your doubt.
As the talk of wp7 goes, the issue was about the kernel so yeah. If I am wrong anywhere,you can correct me too.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It would appear that HyperKid (ironic name) is worked up over the messenger instead of the message. Nobody said it's a fact that you're 1020 won't be upgradable, but don't be mad if it isn't. At this point it's a rumor. As such, you shouldn't be stating it as fact that it will be upgradable while getting mad at everyone else. I'm merely making the user aware of this possibility. Just because you have a 1020 doesn't mean you should be mad at us about the possibility that you may not get WP 9.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Where you get this information? Makes no sense at all. Old Snapdragons or new Snapdragons are capable to run WP8 kernel, witch is the same of WP9 will have.

TK Tech News. He said he wasn't sure, but that it was a possibility only those with a SD 800 or newer would be upgradable (at this point the 1520, 930, and possibly 830).

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
TK Tech News. He said he wasn't sure, but that it was a possibility only those with a SD 800 or newer would be upgradable (at this point the 1520, 930, and possibly 830).

This rumor is absurd. Because for one thing, budget phones has been the focus for MS recently. It doesn't make sense for WP9 to not work on anything less than SD800. How will they make make budget phones? What about all the existing partners who are releasing phones with SD400/200? It'd be a suicide. Running WP smoothly on low end hardware has always been the specialty of WP. And it will continue to be so. At this point, whatever that guy said, he is not even sure himself, his track record is not even stellar so easy with the (false) rumors maybe.

Last edited:

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
This rumor is absurd. Because for one thing, budget phones has been the focus for MS recently. It doesn't make sense for WP9 to not work on anything less than SD800. How will they make make budget phones? What about all the existing partners who are releasing phones with SD400/200? It'd be a suicide. Running WP smoothly on low end hardware has always been the specialty of WP. And it will continue to be so. At this point, whatever that guy said, he is not even sure himself, his track record is not even stellar so easy with the (false) rumors maybe.

cool down buddy. don't get details of his track record. he is just a kid not knowing where to go. must be reading something somewhere and guessing what's gonna happen.
anyway, but it's for sure that there is a stir about wp9. people are reading, writing and discussing about it already.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
It would appear that HyperKid (ironic name) is worked up over the messenger instead of the message. Nobody said it's a fact that you're 1020 won't be upgradable, but don't be mad if it isn't. At this point it's a rumor. As such, you shouldn't be stating it as fact that it will be upgradable while getting mad at everyone else. I'm merely making the user aware of this possibility. Just because you have a 1020 doesn't mean you should be mad at us about the possibility that you may not get WP 9.

Dude how can you tell I am mad? I gave AN EXAMPLE....get it EXAMPLE OF MY DEVICE??? If you don't understand than please read my comment again CLEARLY.
The reason why I gave 1020 as an example because its still has 13 months old so it would be impossible to ditch the updates. MY 1020 aside, Every wp8 will be getting the update whether its wp9 or whatever it is. Microsoft will not be making this mistake again considering ~98% devices are dual core S4 only I don't see why only S800 will be getting the update even though there only 2 devices. I am explaining him that what information he is bringing (even though it's a rumor) its wrong and it wont happen.
Now you tell me where I am mad? When someone is telling or correcting or maybe helping another,it doesn't mean he's getting mad right? The same can be said for you too.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site

So we're not allowed to post cited leaks/rumors unless you personally agree with the source? If that's the case you must be pretty upset with what's posted on these forums on a daily basis. In fact, the same rumors are posted in some WP article comments so you might want to stay away from those too.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
So we're not allowed to post cited leaks/rumors unless you personally agree with the source? If that's the case you must be pretty upset with what's posted on these forums on a daily basis. In fact, the same rumors are posted in some WP article comments so you might want to stay away from those too.

Aww!

Crumble Shake

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I'm facing the exact same dilemma.

Really, the biggest thing that draws me to the 1020 is that it's got a smaller screen. I'm not a big screen person, but I want a high range phone. This is an almost impossible combination to find these days and doesn't exist in Windows Phone.

But what's drawing me to the 930 is that it's really pretty and its screen is really nice.

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Citing rumors (and a long way off rumors) is one thing. Trusting them blindly is another. I made a case of why it doesn't look true to me. People can believe what they want. Or talk about maturity when they themselves tell people to stay away from forums. Nobody cares.

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Citing rumors (and a long way off rumors) is one thing. Trusting them blindly is another. I made a case of why it doesn't look true to me. People can believe what they want. Or talk about maturity when they themselves tell people to stay away from forums. Nobody cares.

Then you need to re-visit your comprehension of the term "trusting blindly" since I never stated that the rumor is either fact or a sure thing. I never told you to do anything, I gave you very reasonable advice based on your suggestion that people stop posting rumors (cited ones at at) on forums. That's kind of a big part of forum banter and it goes on here every day. Simple.

Last edited:

DoctorSaline

Jul 9, 2014
Visit site
Then you need to re-visit your comprehension of the term "trusting blindly" since I never stated that the rumor is either fact or a sure thing. I never told you to do anything, I gave you a very reasonable suggestion based on your post... that you "might want to" stay away from forums if cited rumors ruffle your feathers. Simple.

It never "ruffled my feathers". I just said to take it easy with the rumors. I did call them false albeit in parentheses but I made a case for it too.

Okay, we aren't going anywhere with this. Apologies on my part. *Peace*

hasasimo

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It never "ruffled my feathers". I just said to take it easy with the rumors. I did call them false albeit in parentheses but I made a case for it too.

Okay, we aren't going anywhere with this. Apologies on my part. *Peace*

And I never disputed your case against it, I simply shared a piece of information/a rumor (whatever we'd like to call it). I had no problems at all with your post til the end when you suggested I not share what the author of a decent tech blog posts. Anyway, you may have meant nothing by it. Peace.

HyperKid

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I'm facing the exact same dilemma.

Really, the biggest thing that draws me to the 1020 is that it's got a smaller screen. I'm not a big screen person, but I want a high range phone. This is an almost impossible combination to find these days and doesn't exist in Windows Phone.

But what's drawing me to the 930 is that it's really pretty and its screen is really nice.

Well ill break it for you,
1080p vs 720p
S800 vs Ss4 processor
No micro Sd on both
x2 lossless zoom vs x6 lossless zoom
No glance vs glance
5" vs 4.5"
Metal vs polycarbonate
Green/orange vs yellow
No lanyard vs a lanyard (just a preference)
20 mp vs 41 mp
Led vs xenon
4 haac microphones vs 2 haac
Dolby 5.1 vs no 5.1 (only in video)
2420 mah vs 2000 mah battery( with 1020 you get a camera grip too with 1020 mah)

And the thing which I like most in 930 is living images CURRENTLY NOT PRESENT IN 1020
So there you go. I know its a comparison chart but its more clear what you prefer in this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb