08-29-2014 10:08 AM
54 123
tools
    This rumor is absurd. Because for one thing, budget phones has been the focus for MS recently. It doesn't make sense for WP9 to not work on anything less than SD800. How will they make make budget phones? What about all the existing partners who are releasing phones with SD400/200? It'd be a suicide. Running WP smoothly on low end hardware has always been the specialty of WP. And it will continue to be so. At this point, whatever that guy said, he is not even sure himself, his track record is not even stellar so easy with the (false) rumors maybe.
    cool down buddy. don't get details of his track record. he is just a kid not knowing where to go. must be reading something somewhere and guessing what's gonna happen.
    anyway, but it's for sure that there is a stir about wp9. people are reading, writing and discussing about it already.
    hasasimo likes this.
    08-26-2014 05:33 AM
    Alright for starters the EOL not true I call Nokia and Microsoft both and both reps said there is no EOL
    08-26-2014 05:41 AM
    It would appear that HyperKid (ironic name) is worked up over the messenger instead of the message. Nobody said it's a fact that you're 1020 won't be upgradable, but don't be mad if it isn't. At this point it's a rumor. As such, you shouldn't be stating it as fact that it will be upgradable while getting mad at everyone else. I'm merely making the user aware of this possibility. Just because you have a 1020 doesn't mean you should be mad at us about the possibility that you may not get WP 9.
    Dude how can you tell I am mad? I gave AN EXAMPLE....get it EXAMPLE OF MY DEVICE??? If you don't understand than please read my comment again CLEARLY.
    The reason why I gave 1020 as an example because its still has 13 months old so it would be impossible to ditch the updates. MY 1020 aside, Every wp8 will be getting the update whether its wp9 or whatever it is. Microsoft will not be making this mistake again considering ~98% devices are dual core S4 only I don't see why only S800 will be getting the update even though there only 2 devices. I am explaining him that what information he is bringing (even though it's a rumor) its wrong and it wont happen.
    Now you tell me where I am mad? When someone is telling or correcting or maybe helping another,it doesn't mean he's getting mad right? The same can be said for you too.
    08-26-2014 06:13 AM
    Lol
    08-26-2014 09:43 AM
    This rumor is absurd. Because for one thing, budget phones has been the focus for MS recently. It doesn't make sense for WP9 to not work on anything less than SD800. How will they make make budget phones? What about all the existing partners who are releasing phones with SD400/200? It'd be a suicide. Running WP smoothly on low end hardware has always been the specialty of WP. And it will continue to be so. At this point, whatever that guy said, he is not even sure himself, his track record is not even stellar so easy with the (false) rumors maybe.
    So we're not allowed to post cited leaks/rumors unless you personally agree with the source? If that's the case you must be pretty upset with what's posted on these forums on a daily basis. In fact, the same rumors are posted in some WP article comments so you might want to stay away from those too.
    08-26-2014 09:47 AM
    So we're not allowed to post cited leaks/rumors unless you personally agree with the source? If that's the case you must be pretty upset with what's posted on these forums on a daily basis. In fact, the same rumors are posted in some WP article comments so you might want to stay away from those too.
    Aww!
    08-26-2014 10:06 AM
    Silly me, I thought I was responding to someone half-way mature. Carry on.
    08-26-2014 10:29 AM
    I'm facing the exact same dilemma.

Really, the biggest thing that draws me to the 1020 is that it's got a smaller screen. I'm not a big screen person, but I want a high range phone. This is an almost impossible combination to find these days and doesn't exist in Windows Phone.

But what's drawing me to the 930 is that it's really pretty and its screen is really nice.
    naughtydog likes this.
    08-26-2014 10:32 AM
    Citing rumors (and a long way off rumors) is one thing. Trusting them blindly is another. I made a case of why it doesn't look true to me. People can believe what they want. Or talk about maturity when they themselves tell people to stay away from forums. Nobody cares.
    08-26-2014 10:36 AM
    Citing rumors (and a long way off rumors) is one thing. Trusting them blindly is another. I made a case of why it doesn't look true to me. People can believe what they want. Or talk about maturity when they themselves tell people to stay away from forums. Nobody cares.
    Then you need to re-visit your comprehension of the term "trusting blindly" since I never stated that the rumor is either fact or a sure thing. I never told you to do anything, I gave you very reasonable advice based on your suggestion that people stop posting rumors (cited ones at at) on forums. That's kind of a big part of forum banter and it goes on here every day. Simple.
    Last edited by hasasimo; 08-26-2014 at 10:59 AM.
    08-26-2014 10:48 AM
    Then you need to re-visit your comprehension of the term "trusting blindly" since I never stated that the rumor is either fact or a sure thing. I never told you to do anything, I gave you a very reasonable suggestion based on your post... that you "might want to" stay away from forums if cited rumors ruffle your feathers. Simple.
    It never "ruffled my feathers". I just said to take it easy with the rumors. I did call them false albeit in parentheses but I made a case for it too.

Okay, we aren't going anywhere with this. Apologies on my part. *Peace*
    08-26-2014 10:59 AM
    It never "ruffled my feathers". I just said to take it easy with the rumors. I did call them false albeit in parentheses but I made a case for it too.

Okay, we aren't going anywhere with this. Apologies on my part. *Peace*
    And I never disputed your case against it, I simply shared a piece of information/a rumor (whatever we'd like to call it). I had no problems at all with your post til the end when you suggested I not share what the author of a decent tech blog posts. Anyway, you may have meant nothing by it. Peace.
    08-26-2014 11:04 AM
    oHHH guys,,,,pls dont .. I just ask about what do u choose between 930 and 1020..? :D
    08-27-2014 03:06 AM
    oHHH guys,,,,pls dont .. I just ask about what do u choose between 930 and 1020..? :D
    Told you before....if your in photography(as you stated) then buy 1020. If the processor IS THE ONLY THING YOUR CONCERNED about,then 930 it is.
    sajith930 likes this.
    08-27-2014 04:23 AM
    I'm facing the exact same dilemma.

Really, the biggest thing that draws me to the 1020 is that it's got a smaller screen. I'm not a big screen person, but I want a high range phone. This is an almost impossible combination to find these days and doesn't exist in Windows Phone.

But what's drawing me to the 930 is that it's really pretty and its screen is really nice.
    Well ill break it for you,
    1080p vs 720p
    S800 vs Ss4 processor
    No micro Sd on both
    x2 lossless zoom vs x6 lossless zoom
    No glance vs glance
    5" vs 4.5"
    Metal vs polycarbonate
    Green/orange vs yellow
    No lanyard vs a lanyard (just a preference)
    20 mp vs 41 mp
    Led vs xenon
    4 haac microphones vs 2 haac
    Dolby 5.1 vs no 5.1 (only in video)
    2420 mah vs 2000 mah battery( with 1020 you get a camera grip too with 1020 mah)

And the thing which I like most in 930 is living images CURRENTLY NOT PRESENT IN 1020
    So there you go. I know its a comparison chart but its more clear what you prefer in this.
    08-27-2014 04:31 AM
    Nice comparison chart. I would definitely go for 930.
    sajith930 likes this.
    08-27-2014 04:59 AM
    Nice comparison chart. I would definitely go for 930.
    great choice then.
    08-27-2014 05:39 AM
    now my 920 is old enough :), but not anyway let me down, just want better camera, performance wise more than enough for me...way better than lagdroids
    08-27-2014 07:32 AM
    now my 920 is old enough :), but not anyway let me down, just want better camera, performance wise more than enough for me...way better than lagdroids
    so what's your choice then?
    08-27-2014 09:14 AM
    so what's your choice then?
    Most probably, 95% for I will go for 1020 or may be waiting for 1020 successor or 1030 whatever it calls but not going for 930
    Beijendorf likes this.
    08-27-2014 09:45 AM
    Most probably, 95% for I will go for 1020 or may be waiting for 1020 successor or 1030 whatever it calls but not going for 930
    Well I tell you one thing for sure. If you keep on waiting for something,you'll keep waiting forever. You never know when the so called 1030 might come heck it might not even come. I am just saying,go buy what you want. Don't wait!
    sajith930 and ams963 like this.
    08-27-2014 09:52 AM
    Well I tell you one thing for sure. If you keep on waiting for something,you'll keep waiting forever. You never know when the so called 1030 might come heck it might not even come. I am just saying,go buy what you want. Don't wait!
    May be u r right. I am experiencing it right now.
    08-27-2014 01:24 PM
    May be u r right. I am experiencing it right now.
    Your waiting for the so called 1030 too?
    08-27-2014 02:19 PM
    You never know when the so called 1030 might come heck it might not even come. I am just saying,go buy what you want. Don't wait!
    So Microsoft bought the PureView team to lock it all up and never use anything that was under development already ? They will throw away their biggest differentiator away because they want to make their other OEMs happy ? Ya, maybe... I can't really put anything past Microsoft.

They are certainly not winning in any other category expect maybe built quality in some rare cases. Having the best phone camera money can buy is one of the very few ways they can say "hey, here buy our products instead of the iPhone 6!" other than that, they really don't have much going for them.
    ams963, chezm and sajith930 like this.
    08-28-2014 06:38 PM
    I would chose 930, mainly because the processor is newer, nicer screen with more real-estate for very little size increase, 1080p and a 20mp camera which is solid (although yes its not the same quality as a 1020). Ive got a 1020 and while its nice, its starting to show its age OS/processor wise.
    sajith930 likes this.
    08-29-2014 09:15 AM
54 123