Windows phone 8.1 update 1 on 930

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Hi, I'm in the uk and have had my 930 for 1 month. Has anyone using the program for developers updated their 930 to the new update 1. If so, have there been any negatives or problems or the phone malfunctioning. I'm tempted to install it but a bit weary. Also, when will the official update be rolling out as I might wait for that instead , thanks

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
If you're really worried about having phone-breaking bugs, don't participate in the Developer Preview. That's really my advice, considering all the problems some users have been facing.

Take note: It's better to do a cost-benefit analysis, as very little other than bug fixes happen past the initial release of an update.

scottymc1972

Jul 31, 2014
Visit site
Hi, I'm in the uk and have had my 930 for 1 month. Has anyone using the program for developers updated their 930 to the new update 1. If so, have there been any negatives or problems or the phone malfunctioning. I'm tempted to install it but a bit weary. Also, when will the official update be rolling out as I might wait for that instead , thanks

Mate I couldn't wait and updated my L930 last night and it was a breeze everything works I've had no problems at all and now have Cortana and folders ,quite time and everything thing else the update brings.
All I can say is go for it mate

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Mate I couldn't wait and updated my L930 last night and it was a breeze everything works I've had no problems at all and now have Cortana and folders ,quite time and everything thing else the update brings.
All I can say is go for it mate

After reading your comments I'm very tempted to go for it. If your in the UK which network are you on?

Andrewjulie

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Just bought my 930 about 2 hrs ago,first thing I am doing is updating to preview 1. UK and sim free from Tesco. ?348 with discounts,A great bargain !

Squachy

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
If you want Cortana without update 1 just change your region and language to US and make sure it gets listed at the top of the language list.

sportex

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
VodafoneUK mate been on it all morning messing around well pleased I updated.

Well, I decided to go ahead with the update tonight. Took about 15 minutes over WiFi. Been sorting the live tiles into folders on the start screen. Will have a play with Cortana tomorrow. So far all seems good, thanks for the advice ��

Maui Panti

Aug 5, 2014
Visit site
i also wanna upgrade to WP 8.1.1 but still concerned about my warranty. does it void my warranty when i upgrade? or can i downgrade at will as well?

alan61

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
Hi, anyone can upgrade to DP 8.1.1 as for battery life all depends on how you use your phone and what you use it for. Personally I don't have any concerns about battery life it is what it is.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss