After my first thread I have been searching the Internet for help on the title subject and only found statements of other people having to play video in stereo and not surround sound when connected to tv.
    Will surround sound only work if I connect through a. Micro him to him I lead which are difficult to find. Is there any errors there that plays there video on the TV in dolby digital sound.
    There is loads of information of it exists but no information of people's views of it, it was one of the reasons I chose this phone but just can't use it.
    Cheers,
    08-30-2014 11:04 AM
    You would have to use a computer or some kind of media player to play the videos from the phone to the tv. Windows phone does not support usb to hdmi. Sorry :(
    08-30-2014 11:11 AM
    1) Recording: The camera video settings must be "front stereo ON/OFF?" and "surround ON"
    2) The video format is MP4 which contains surround sound and new TVs understand this format and if the TV has SD-card slot where to put the memory card to play the video. TV's sound settings must be "surround on"
    3) If you use PC or some media player it MUST be connected to TV with HDMI cable. Line connection transport only normal stereo sound. I don't know if SCART connection delivers surround sound. I doubt it doesn't because sound part of SCART is line connection??
    4) If you use a HiFi sound system The HDMI connection goes through HiFi amplifier.
    08-30-2014 06:37 PM
    H
    Thanks for reply, what kind of media player do you mean? My pc has not got home lead from it to connect to a TV but it can through wife, would that be okay?
    I will try in the morning to connect pc to tv.
    Many thanks for your help
    08-30-2014 06:38 PM
    Some thing I forgot. The PC must have a sound card which produce 5.1 surraund sound. You will see it in the technical specifications of the PC. Concerning media player I would advice you to contact to special HiFi system shop. You will find on yellow pages.
    08-30-2014 06:51 PM