I recently bought the new Nokia Luima 930. First of all I desired the Lumia 1520 but compromised to the 930, I do really like this phone but the lack of apps is starting to bug me a little, sure you can just use the internet browser as a replacement for some of the apps. Some of the apps on my Lumia don't seem to notify me when things are happening, not just Facebook, Etsy also. This is a severe pain in the backside, as I have a little shop and sell things on there. I'm constantly checking incase I've missed an order. My Husband has the OnePlus One, which is android based and I'm getting a little envious, hopefully Windows will upgrade and add new apps as the phone's popularity increases.

Apps aside I absolutely love the phone. The camera is amazing! Having a daughter and wanting to take many photos whenever we are on our adventures bu,t not wanting to carry my dslr around is now possible! This is great because now I just go onto google drive and place my photos there so my Husband can see them while at work.

I am really torn with regards to my feeling towards the Lumia 930. One side has complete adoration for the photography side to it. However, the other side is fuming at the little apps there are.

How do you feel about your Nokia Lumia?
    08-31-2014 05:46 AM
    Why don't you mention specific "apps" you feel are missing. I'm sure someone here has alternative options or possible work arounds. Hopefully this might help you in the interim.
    xandros9 likes this.
    08-31-2014 07:53 AM
    I had issue with FB not notifying with live tiles. Was solved by factory reset.
    09-01-2014 12:18 AM
    Hmm generally I think push notification normally works better and are more reliable on Windows Phone. On Android I could never count on them for apps such as Tapatalk etc. Works better in WP for me.

Though I guess it also depends on the quality of an app. Don't use Facebook myself on mobiles so can't comment that. But most peoples opinions are that push notifications are more reliable on WP overall. Which I have noticed myself for the apps that I use.

So... which apps are you missing? Perhaps we can help you out.
    09-01-2014 08:36 AM