This year, i decided to swap my 920 for an newer phone. After much thinking, i decided to try the new LG G3.

Yes, its an awesome phone. Yet, after 1 year using windows phone (520, 820 and 920), i simply could not get used to android.
    Certainly it has more apps, yet the core experience of WP is, for me, much better. WP is better at managing contacts, the homescreen is much better than any custom homescreen android has, the UI is faster and prettier, even the xbox music player is better than the default google music player. So, after about three weeks with the G3 i swapped it for an 930.

During the first days i experienced the battery/overheat problems. But now after some use the phone is doing pretty well. Battery life stands for about an entire day. The G3 off course has an awesome screen size/resolution. But i still prefer the colors of amoled screens. The 930 camera so far performs better than the G3 camera. And 4k video recording is coming soon.

There seems to be too much hate against the 930 in this forum, but it is a good phone. I liked it much more than the G3.
    09-06-2014 01:44 PM
    Great positive post there, I'm forced to use a iphone for work(damn thing) so glad I've got a L630 ......so much smoother and works better.
    My cents worth(Bt openreach engineer)
    09-06-2014 02:01 PM
    I've sold my One M8 to get the Lumia 930, and I like this phone alot, pretty much for the same reasons, the only thing I really miss from the M8 are the front facing speakers, there's nothing that comes close to how that One M8 sounds.
    Having had Windows Phones in the past, L820 and L620 and even an Omnia 7 I felt they weren't quite ready yet, but now with the Lumia 930 with WP8.1 already running, it feels a much more complete and mature OS. I am not one for using a lot of apps so as long as I have the main apps I use most frequently I am happy. Unfortunately the L930 gets quite warm at times of intense use (playing Bejeweled Live +) but battery life is better than my M8 so I can put up with it. Battery life is different for everyone. It will be hard to beat the LG G2 I had before the M8 either way.
    That said, I was quietly excited to hear the M8 is coming to Windows Phone later on, maybe, just maybe the perfect phone for the ones (like me) who appreciate the One M8 hardware with Windows Phone 8.1 instead of Android?
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-06-2014 02:13 PM
    Wait, you traded the HTC one M8 for the 930? Or the LG G3?
    09-06-2014 02:14 PM
    Yes I sold my M8 to get the Lumia 930 because I had enough of Android, mainly...Always preferred the looks of Windows Phone over Android, but Windows Phone wasn't ready for me yet,
    So when the One M8 for Windows Phone gets released in the UK I may still consider getting one then.
    09-06-2014 02:32 PM
    Do any of you miss the marketplace at all? Or do you think it's fine and has what you need, but nothing extra?
    09-06-2014 11:08 PM
    even the xbox music player is better than the default google music player.
    The music player you're speaking of isn't made by Google, that's LG's software.
    09-07-2014 01:51 AM
    The music player you're speaking of isn't made by Google, that's LG's software.
    No, its the google music player. Theres the LG player too, but that was even worse. With WP there`s no need to search for an 3rd party music player, the xbox music player is quite good.
    09-07-2014 12:28 PM
    I love my lg g3, but i wish i had waited to see if the htc one m8 would have made it to tmobile.
    09-07-2014 04:58 PM
    Do any of you miss the marketplace at all? Or do you think it's fine and has what you need, but nothing extra?
    When i switched from my nokia 521 to the lg g3 i found most of the games and apps in the google play store.
    09-07-2014 05:01 PM
    No, its the google music player. Theres the LG player too, but that was even worse. With WP there`s no need to search for an 3rd party music player, the xbox music player is quite good.
    You're joking right? The Google Music app is better than Xbox Music in every possible way. I use both, but I'm not quite sure you really used Google Music. Xbox Music has got massive problems that need to be fixed.

78bhq3u.jpg
    09-07-2014 08:41 PM
    You're joking right? The Google Music app is better than Xbox Music in every possible way. I use both, but I'm not quite sure you really used Google Music. Xbox Music has got massive problems that need to be fixed.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	78BHQ3U.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	100.4 KB 
ID:	80142
    Yes, its this app and yes, i think the xbox music is better.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-07-2014 09:34 PM

lol no google play music is a joke compared to mixxradio and xbox music
    i have it on my nexus 5,VLC beats google play music by miles but lacks a few things the above 3 offer
    09-08-2014 02:13 AM
    You don't own a Nexus 5.
    09-08-2014 08:12 AM

Lol. The stock Google music player is horrible. I'd rather have Xbox Music than that. For my Android device, I only use Shuttle. The iOS player is still the best though, I must say. Also the Xbox Music copies on Android are trash..
    09-08-2014 08:28 AM
    Great positive post there, I'm forced to use a iphone for work(damn thing) so glad I've got a L630 ......so much smoother and works better.
    My cents worth(Bt openreach engineer)
    How is the battery life on that iphone :p, I was surprised when my brother-in-law also a fellow open reach engineer said they gave out iphones when he first started and he was praising them lol (He is an iphone fanatic lol says his 5s has a bigger battery than my L920 , yeah sure 1560 mAh is bigger than 2000 mAh )... you would think they would be giving out more rugged phones with greater battery life.

I had the chance to play with LG G3 over the weekend at a family gathering and it is a pretty sweet device, that running windows phone would be pretty sweet. The auto focus is pretty fast, if they bring the speed enhancements of the lumia camera to the 1020 and I might get one myself on the cheap next year as they are currently going for 130 to 180 on ebay as a primary device (my 920 would become my back up) unless they bring out a 1020 successor next year.
    09-08-2014 01:22 PM
    You don't own a Nexus 5.
    i do unlike you
    who the heck are you to type such stuff
    mind your own business
    09-08-2014 10:39 PM
    Yes, its this app and yes, i think the xbox music is better.
    Seriously? LOL.

I switched back to Android device from Windows Phone just a few months back and the Google Play Music app simply beats the Xbox Music app.

It's faster, has better lockscreen and notification integration, better animations, and much much faster.

1410273092016.jpg
    1410273113865.jpg
    1410273127134.jpg

Lol. The stock Google music player is horrible. I'd rather have Xbox Music than that. For my Android device, I only use Shuttle. The iOS player is still the best though, I must say. Also the Xbox Music copies on Android are trash..
    If you think that the Stock Google Play Music is horrible, the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone must be unbearable because of how mug slower it is and less functional.

i do unlike you
    who the heck are you to type such stuff
    mind your own business
    You don't own it, I've seen your views on Android and they simply can't come from someone that has owned a Nexus 5. Many of the problems you constantly mention throughout the forums are limited to only you, you provably got a defected model or you didn't ever get one at all.
    Visa Declined likes this.
    09-09-2014 09:32 AM
    But I do congratulate you on the Lumia 930 purchase! It's a very good device as well. :D
    09-09-2014 09:32 AM
    Seriously? LOL.

I switched back to Android device from Windows Phone just a few months back and the Google Play Music app simply beats the Xbox Music app.

It's faster, has better lockscreen and notification integration, better animations, and much much faster.

Name:	1410273092016.jpg 
Views:	20 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	80306

Name:	1410273113865.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	80308

Name:	1410273127134.jpg 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	80309

If you think that the Stock Google Play Music is horrible, the Xbox Music app on Windows Phone must be unbearable because of how mug slower it is and less functional.

You don't own it, I've seen your views on Android and they simply can't come from someone that has owned a Nexus 5. Many of the problems you constantly mention throughout the forums are limited to only you, you provably got a defected model or you didn't ever get one at all.
    wth dude i think you dont own a windows phone, androids cons have nothing to do with my owning a nexus 5,i use mine for app development
    lets see- you hate wp and constantly defend android even when its wrong and u forget all WP users came from android and ios so yeah our views are better than those who have only used android and ios and no wp
    09-09-2014 11:00 AM
    wth dude i think you dont own a windows phone, androids cons have nothing to do with my owning a nexus 5,i use mine for app development
    lets see- you hate wp and constantly defend android even when its wrong and u forget all WP users came from android and ios so yeah our views are better than those who have only used android and ios and no wp
    Actually, no. There are people who have never bought an Android or iOS device before and Windows Phone is the OS where they have started.

I often defend Google because a lot of the people on these forums have owned cheap devices like Galaxy Y and think that newer devices are like those too.
    09-09-2014 11:07 AM
    Actually, no. There are people who have never bought an Android or iOS device before and Windows Phone is the OS where they have started.

I often defend Google because a lot of the people on these forums have owned cheap devices like Galaxy Y and think that newer devices are like those too.
    yeah right because wp is the oldest os ever right even older than android and ios
    09-09-2014 01:15 PM
    Seriously? LOL.

Name:	1410273092016.jpg 
Size:	34.6 KB 
ID:	80306

Name:	1410273113865.jpg 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	80308

Name:	1410273127134.jpg 
Size:	25.7 KB 
ID:	80309

One thing that got me angry frequently with the G3 was how the music player would "bug" in the lockscreen. And i think the xbox music ui is way better. It is easier to find my songs with the 930. I use the google music with my backup Razr D1, i find it quite annoying to find what music i want to play. I used another player called rocket player, it was way better, but still had the same problems about not working quite well with the lockscreen. One thing i would love to see implemented in android is the controls to skip music when you press the volume key. Is so intuitive, yet i still didnt find any way to implement it on android. Maybe some xposed mod in the future can do it.
    Karthik Naik likes this.
    09-09-2014 05:39 PM
    yeah right because wp is the oldest os ever right even older than android and ios
    I haven't even said that Windows Phone is the oldest OS out there, where do you come up with this?

One thing that got me angry frequently with the G3 was how the music player would "bug" in the lockscreen. And i think the xbox music ui is way better. It is easier to find my songs with the 930. I use the google music with my backup Razr D1, i find it quite annoying to find what music i want to play. I used another player called rocket player, it was way better, but still had the same problems about not working quite well with the lockscreen. One thing i would love to see implemented in android is the controls to skip music when you press the volume key. Is so intuitive, yet i still didnt find any way to implement it on android. Maybe some xposed mod in the future can do it.
    Can you skip music using volume keys on Windows Phone? Just wondering. :)

I would agree that Xbox Music is better if it we're faster, had notification centre integration, I could scrub music on my lockscreen and the app launched faster.
    09-10-2014 05:44 AM
    I haven't even said that Windows Phone is the oldest OS out there, where do you come up with this?

Can you skip music using volume keys on Windows Phone? Just wondering. :)

I would agree that Xbox Music is better if it we're faster, had notification centre integration, I could scrub music on my lockscreen and the app launched faster.
    that was sarcasm because windows phone was late to the game and most of us are users/ex-users of android and ios,we have a better perspective of each os than those who havent tried windows phone
    bowlinballs95 likes this.
    09-10-2014 01:20 PM