Camera lens glare

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
I love to use my Lumia 930 camera most of the times. Stopped using my DSLR & mirrorless system because of it. But, I suffer from light glare when taking some shots. Is it the Nokia app or the lens glass?

Crasstoe

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
It's the lens. Cleaning the lens will help but the more lenses the more the glare of direct light is striking it. Only way to counter this is to use an ND filter in my experience.

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
It's the lens. Cleaning the lens will help but the more lenses the more the glare of direct light is striking it. Only way to counter this is to use an ND filter in my experience.

I can't use any kind of filters on a mobile phone. The problem in my Lumia 930

belodion

Jun 10, 2014
Visit site
If it makes you feel any better, all my phone cameras, whose lenses I make sure are protected and kept clean, show bad flare when taking into the light. There's nothing you can do about it.

In the past, it was worse. I have used old uncoated six-element wide-aperture standard lenses which were of the highest quality in their day, that sometimes flare so badly when taking directly into the light that you can hardly make out the subject.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App

ali80

May 29, 2013
Visit site
Thank you

The sun was left to me so I see no point of this very visible glare. I think it's the lens glass that protects it. I didn't have such a thing when I was using my iphone camera 3 years ago.

But I can live with it, there is always a different angle to take a shot.

Thank you

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786