Hi everyone!

Taken a bold step and ordered a 930, kinda out of the blue!

Was dead set on an iP6 after owning every iP so far. But the lack of a 32g model and 619 for the 64 pushed me over the edge to look elsewhere.

Android doesn't interest me after seeing my Wife's Samsung. So Windows called. 369 for the 930 sim free was a no brainer, i hope!!

Realised looking through my iP that i only really use: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, Natwest Banking, Viber and Tapatalk. And do like to take photos of my 2 young boys. So the 930 seems a good fit, especially with the camera. My iP5 always had a purple cast!

Should be waiting for me when i get home tonight. I go on holiday this Tuesday so really need to get to grips with it quickly!!

What worries me is getting contacts over. Seen guides online, but they mention bluetooth and having both phones on at the same time. Problem being i'm taking the nano sim out of the iP5 and putting it straight into the Lumia. Any tips? Have downloaded a file from my Macbook contacts, so hoping that file will upload to the Nokia.

Any good tips for a total newbie to windows mobile??

Cheers and looking forward to taking part on here. Sure there will be a few dumb questions heading your way..................
    09-12-2014 05:43 AM
    Welcome to windows phone! My tip for contacts is to set up your Microsoft account ahead of time on your comp, I think you should be able to import the contacts file you have. This way, once you sign in on the phone all the contacts will sync to the phone. You also can leave the sim in the iPhone initially, you don't need it to set up your WP.
    Sent from my Lumia 930 using Tapatalk
    09-12-2014 06:55 PM
    Welcome to the Forums!☺

Dumb questions? Well here's a dumb answer. Can't you transfer your contacts via Bluetooth even with the SIM out of the iPhone? I'm not aware that there has to be a SIM in each phone.
    I've done the Bluetooth transfer thing for a friend, from an independent-OS phone to a Lumia 520....worked fine. However I'm not sure whether it will work between Apple and Windows Phone.
    I envy you the 930, am thinking of buying one myself. Let us know how you get on.

Edit: Posted same moment as above post.

Posted via Windows Phone Central App
    09-12-2014 07:01 PM
    Thanks guys. Got my contacts fine using the transfer software. Shame text messages can't be brought over from iPhones :-(

Taking me some time to get used to the 930!

Think its that little bit too big. Can't seem to type 1 handed without nearly dropping it! Does get warm too.

Shall play some more this weekend before we fly to Majorca.

Am I right in thinking that roaming set to "off" means I won't get any silly charges??
    09-13-2014 12:46 AM
    Yes roaming off sounds right. They probably have wifi at the hotel. You are going to need that to upload your cameraroll to OneDrive. Note that your dng files or the 'big jpg' doesn't get backed up in the cloud. Oh and download maps of the area before you go. In case you need to navigate, without roaming😊 have a nice trip😊
    09-13-2014 03:05 AM
    Nice one, cheers!!
    09-13-2014 04:06 AM
    Ok, have downloaded the Balearic Islands map for Majorca. How do i get into seeing it??

Also, is there a way of the photo reel not showing the dates? Want to be able to see all my old photos as a constant reel, instead of being broken up by dates.

8.1 is way more interesting to play with than ios!
    09-14-2014 06:45 AM
    Ok, have downloaded the Balearic Islands map for Majorca. How do i get into seeing it??
    Turn your radios OFF (airplane mode, turns OFF cellular & WiFi data), then go to HERE maps, looking for Majorca to test this (negative test = look for someplace you have NOT d/l maps for). You can use HERE Drive (for driving, train / bus, walking, etc) in offline mode, which utilizes downloaded maps.
    bells0 likes this.
    09-14-2014 06:59 AM
    Awesome, thanks!!
    09-14-2014 07:05 AM